It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Floods kill at least 5 in Madeira

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Floods kill at least 5 in Madeira

uk.reuters.com

At least five people were killed by floods and mudslides caused by torrential rains Saturday on the Portuguese island of Madeira, a popular tourist destination, local media said.

Civil protection officials contacted by Reuters could not immediately confirm the number of those killed, saying the authorities were holding an emergency meeting.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 2/20/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
More flooding more rain...a couple of videos are attached. I am not sure if or when this emergency will stop. Like the Haiti disaster, we have more and more signs of nature changing all around us. Apparently, cars have washed away into the ocean. Please say a prayer for these people. I cannot imagine what it would be like to have your home bombarded with a disaster of this magnitude.

My heart goes out to all of these people.

uk.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 20-2-2010 by ExPostFacto]

[edit on 2/20/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Mar, 3 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
My inside source tells me that the death toll from the recent floods is sadly much higher than officially released figures. Last week I gather it was in excess of 100 with more bodies found in Ribera Brava today. Word has it that the government are playing it down so as not too deter tourists !

Incidentally, Madeira had unusually heavy hailstorms this morning.

join