It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Steve Greer (CSETI) Photograph ET Being

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Wow! Seriously, can you add any thoughts or are you just here to slam others thoughts.

Explain the "cloth" floating in the air maybe? Yes it could be a wire trick and photo image distortion. It could be anything. These people go out and try to capture images or any evidence they can. Yes it is possible it is fabricated. Yes it is possible they want to see something so bad when an anamoly occurs they claim it to be the real deal. But, could it be real? Absolutely it could.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

that pic is from an ok movie from the 80's it was pretty interesting,all about waking up the pineal gland,an opening up extra dimensions.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto

Explain the "cloth" floating in the air maybe? Yes it could be a wire trick and photo image distortion. It could be anything.

Or it could simply be two pieces of "cloth" draped over a couple of chairs.

The ET appears to be a male, wearing a type of vision augmenting goggles, with a very large head with an indented area demarked by ridges in the forehead. The hairline, ears, eyes, mouth and chin are clearly visible. Both arms can be discerned, as well as a torso and both legs, with boots on the feet. He is hovering a foot or two above the chairs that make up our contact circle, and is just east-southeast of the circle. His size is estimated at 3-5 feet in height. Note that he is leaning forward, with his torso and head twisted to look directly at the camera. His right leg is bent behind him.

www.cseti.org...

Here you can find a photo taken in daylight where you can see the two chairs...
www.cseti.org...

This whole thing is just so crazy and sad. I feel sorry for Mr. Greer.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Why do you do this to us Mr. Greer?

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by tim1989

... My thought exactly.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   

reply to post by InfaRedMan

Yes it is possible it is fabricated. Yes it is possible they want to see something so bad when an anamoly occurs they claim it to be the real deal. But, could it be real? Absolutely it could.

Yep.. as real as that levitating cloth man!

IRM

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Explain the "cloth" floating in the air maybe?

I have a better idea. How about you explain it. Tell us what that is even supposed to be.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by liquidself
You know, its funny; I havent read one post so far beyond the OPs that actually said anything to either debunk the images or say anything even remotely rational about it. Seems like a real big debunk fest with little or no thinking required.

The crap in ufology can be split in two sides:
the first one is the one made of people which spread this exact type of utter and complete non-sense;
the second one is made by those who endorse/believe/give to it the benefit of the doubt: one of the most important differences between the two sides, is that while side # 1 couldn't survive in absence of side # 2, while side # 2 would be FREE to start looking for better evidences (if really interested in the subject matter) or alternatively ignore the crap:
I want to be straight with you: if you REALLY believe that this stuff deserves some form of debunking, then you belong to side # 2, hence are part of the issue.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Looks like a christmas tree being thrown out.

Greer lost all credibility, just like most nuts do.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by raiden12

The tree at the site is what is being thought to be the alien. I believe the story of what happened that night but this is not a picture of an alien. It is the tree at a different angle than the daylight photographs.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by suarez1

Very good work and it looks plausible. I hope you don't mind...I've taken the image to upload so others will see it. ATS Members rarely check links

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Sigh....What a terrible day for the cause...

I used to have some time for Mr S Greer many moons ago, I thought at the time there was passion in his heart but little by little it all went to the money making schemes.

He will take you on a rather expensive orb sighting out but of course he selects the location. So his ability to summon orbs only works by the beech..

Such sun loving aliens...

Then there's the $99,000 donation scheme, expecting some fool to give up to $99,000 where you will get 9 training courses..

Oh wait, the site says you MIGHT get 9 training courses...Fantastic value.

But this picture fiasco hurts US hard, the less hardcore people who skirt the edges of our subject actually associate him as being an important leader in this field so any nonsense from him is seen to others as our subject getting the trashing they think it deserves.

Well thanks S Geer, could you not chose another subject to support / trash...

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

For the record I am not pro or con Stephen Greer; the photo looks like nothing in particular to me as well. I m just tired of the " this is ridiculous response" which for me was contributing nothing to the discussion.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos

You know, its funny; I havent read one post so far beyond the OPs that actually said anything to either debunk the images or say anything even remotely rational about it. Seems like a real big debunk fest with little or no thinking required.

The crap in ufology can be split in two sides:
the first one is the one made of people which spread this exact type of utter and complete non-sense;
the second one is made by those who endorse/believe/give to it the benefit of the doubt: one of the most important differences between the two sides, is that while side # 1 couldn't survive in absence of side # 2, while side # 2 would be FREE to start looking for better evidences (if really interested in the subject matter) or alternatively ignore the crap:
I want to be straight with you: if you REALLY believe that this stuff deserves some form of debunking, then you belong to side # 2, hence are part of the issue.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

If you believe that everything dealt with in ufology can be simplistically summed up into just two positions (dualistic polar thinking typical of westerners) then I ve got some swampland in Florida I d really like you to see

[edit on 20-2-2010 by liquidself]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Can't make anything out from those photos. How the heck anyone can see an alien in them is beyond me

(sigh) ... Just what the subject needs ... more ammo for those who jump at the chance to ridicule and deride.

Why do it Mr Greer, WHY?

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Wow. I dont really like to comment on here but I think in this case it is warranted. Im a believer, yeah I'll say that. However...I have a really hard time swallowing this picture as being of an Alien.

I've listened to what Greer has had to say from time to time, some of it has been interesting...this however just does not do it for me.

It seems like hes grasping desperately to remain relevant when the reality he is quite the opposite. At first read of the headline I was excited...but after checking out that photo for only a few seconds I realized this is one of those cases where one wants to believe it so badly they may be forcing themselves to see something that really is just not there. not to mention...that post where you guys circled the tree branch makes it even worse.

I am 150% positive there is alien life on this planet right now. I would bet everything I have on it. Unfortunately I think this photo is not of a real Alien or ET or whatever.

I want to believe...but this one....come on guys!

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

The ET appears to be a male, wearing a type of vision augmenting goggles, with a very large head with an indented area demarked by ridges in the forehead. The hairline, ears, eyes, mouth and chin are clearly visible. Both arms can be discerned, as well as a torso and both legs, with boots on the feet. He is hovering a foot or two above the chairs that make up our contact circle, and is just east-southeast of the circle. His size is estimated at 3-5 feet in height. Note that he is leaning forward, with his torso and head twisted to look directly at the camera. His right leg is bent behind him.

Yes, yes , good observation Doctor. You will also notice the small contrusion below the subjects left eye, indicating a possible altercation, possibly with the Area 51 guard.

If you look closely at the boots on the feet as you so keenly noticed my good Doctor, you will notice the subject is also wearing Nike basketball shoes, do you see the Nike emblem as well? Hmmmm...why Nike?

Anyway Doctor, I am doing more analysis on this fine photograph and will update you later with my findings.

Not often we get to work with such clear, detailed photography. A real gold mine. Back to work.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by raiden12

Greer can go to hell, releasing pictures like that!

Outside the UFO community, he's seen as the main man. Us in the know realise he's either a lunatic or has his own agenda but when pictures like that are released by someone who is considered to be the official head of the disclosure Project and one of the most important players in UFOlogy, well, it's just going to make the subculture look more and more ridiculous!

The sooner UFOlogists come together in denouncing this fraud, the better!

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   

reply to post by Kandinsky

For the record I am not pro or con Stephen Greer; the photo looks like nothing in particular to me as well. I m just tired of the " this is ridiculous response" which for me was contributing nothing to the discussion.

One could say the same about your post but I'm not that pedantic myself, personally I just see an outpouring of people ticked off with SG which I can't say I blame them, some people had high hopes for the man.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

Explain the "cloth" floating in the air maybe?

I have a better idea. How about you explain it. Tell us what that is even supposed to be.

You do it...no you do it...no you first...I asked first you do it...no you...sigh

Based on the poster above analysis, I'm going with it's a distortion of the tree in the background of the photo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join