It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feb. 18 New spiral over Norway but this one...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Excellent find!

I must say, the shape reminded me immediately of something I saw about HAARP.
Here is the YT video

So, in the space of a couple of months, 2 spiral phenomena are seen high in the sky where rockets where involved,

1. Sundog Spiral

2. Norway Spiral. (I'm not sure yet if I there is evidence of a rocket/missile here),

3. An Aurora Spiral over Tromso, looking to me exactly what the facility there is able to do through ionospheric heating.

A recent thread underlined the discovery and posting of the fact that a Harvard study indicated that EISCAT caused a spiral-like phenomena above Tromso in 1996. This little fact was lost on me then, but seems more relevant now.

How long before we know the real story behind the HAARP facilities?

Regards, V1g0r0u5

[edit on 20-2-2010 by V1g0r0u5]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
It does look like Aurora Borealis (and yes, I've seen them in real time on several occasions), but I've never seen them create a spiral before. Fluorescent waves, worms, clouds and curtains, but never a spiral like this. Very interesting. I wonder what caused this Aurora to create a spiral. Natural causes? It must be a rare event, whatever it is (unless it's photoshopped).

Speaking of Norwegian spirals, here's a satellite picture of southern Norway, from early February. This spiral is made of sea ice. Here's another picture of the same ice spiral.

The Norwegian ice spiral is from here.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:03 AM
link   
We just had a thread yesterday about how Harvard scientists wrote in one of their reports based on EISCAT, that the process of ionosphere heating in the incident they witnessed caused the most strange SPIRAL LIKE VISUALS in the AURORAL ARC.

[edit on 20-2-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
its aurora, it looks to me taht way

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
its aurora, it looks to me taht way

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   
The aurora is produced by spiraling currents that connect to the ionosphere, AKA magnetic flux ropes, space tornodoes, or Birkeland currents.
I'm surprised we don't see this sort of pattern more often actually. Spirals have been seen before, but yeah that one really is exceptional.

Perhaps the weakening magnetic field allows the currents to penetrate deeper into the Earth's protective layers and not diffuse the structure as much. Just a thought.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   
It's totally one of my life goals to see the Aurora one day! So beautiful! S&F for the pictures!

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Such an amazing natural phenomenon!

Simply Beautiful!

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Maybe thats just an EISCAT test, without a missile in the air being blown up?

Seriously though, it does just look like the Aurora. Although I've never seen it in such a nice spiral.

Then again I've never seen it In real life before, ever!.

Would love to.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt

Speaking of Norwegian spirals, here's a satellite picture of southern Norway, from early February. This spiral is made of sea ice. Here's another picture of the same ice spiral.

The Norwegian ice spiral is from here.

Wow, awesome, spirals in the ice too. Thats rather interesting. I wonder if there's some strange electro static field in that area, just do to natural earth conditions, spinning, ect.

Isn't that body of water exactly where the poster who made the Huge thread Debunking the EISCAT and pinpointed that is where the missile was launched from, due to all of his effort and triangulation from all the pictures he had?

Either way, something odd is brewin in dem waters Arrrghh!

Nice pics.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213
Maybe thats just an EISCAT test, without a missile in the air being blown up?

Seriously though, it does just look like the Aurora. Although I've never seen it in such a nice spiral.

Then again I've never seen it In real life before, ever!.

Would love to.

Funny you say that, I was going to say that while I agree this does seem to look just like the aurora, the shape seems to look more reasonably like what a missile gone bad would look like with regards to the geometry, than the original perfectly symmetrical Norway spiral.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Here is aurora borealis 15.-16. Feb. in Finland:

SOURCE

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b4d0e139bceb.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

That second picture is fantastic! Id love to be there to see that for myself.
And i concur with the other posts. That its the northen lights.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nola213

Isn't that body of water exactly where the poster who made the Huge thread Debunking the EISCAT and pinpointed that is where the missile was launched from, due to all of his effort and triangulation from all the pictures he had?

Nope, that body of water is between Norway and Denmark.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Has anyone figured out what the white line in the sky is? It shows up on both photos.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
When i see these spirals i get a really bad feeling, I cant figure out what it it because its a really strange experience i haven't encountered until i saw the 1st Norway spiral,

Anyone else get this or am i alone on this one?

Thanks for the info

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Im going to fuel the polar shift crowd. So this is the aurora borealis would it not spin at the same position as true north. I know true north is not fixed it shifts a little from time to time but is this a movement south more or less?

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExPostFacto
Awesome...yes it is an Aurora Borealis but I've never seen them in a spiral like that.

Well then we know natural phenomena can create perfect spirals now.
Those are far from 'perfect' spirals.

Spirals, sure... Perfect? Not even remotely close.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
People on ATS commenting "aurora" like the is the answer to a question or something... Remarkably beautify indeed but the main thing to note here is the spiral (and that is pretty uncommon despite what others on the thread may have said). Hypothesis is that space weather may be subjected to the Coriolis force similar to hurricanes. It does not appear to be the same type of phenomena the occurred a couple of months ago from an apparent rocket ma;function, but impressive none the less.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
maybe this is what our ancient ancestors witnessed as is depicted in the hundreds of petroglyphs

are we to see more spirals in different forms?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join