It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feb. 18 New spiral over Norway but this one...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+15 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Norway was very popular on December 2009 when the debated spiral phenomena
created stir and controversy. Failed missil, UFO, dimensional vortex etc. were some
theories proposed without getting a general consensus. Yesterday February 18, 2010
famous photographer Dionys Moser took this spectacular image in Tromso, Norway
and I wonder, Isn't it a coincidence?

SOURCE: Spaceweather.com

Also another spiral but in Finland photographed by Andrew Keen the same day February 18.

SOURCE: Spaceweather.com

Link to Dionys Moser's webpage with more photos.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by free_spirit]

[edit on 19-2-2010 by free_spirit]

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Just looks like the Aurora Borealis to me.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ventian

That to me also is a Aurora Borealis too, you can tell by the "green" wavy light also.

It also happens a lot at this time of year too

[edit on 19-2-2010 by jumpingbeanz]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Sorry, but I have to agree ... just examples of the Aurora.
But amazing non-the less ... thanks for posting them !

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Cool pictures of the Aurora.

Amazing spiral... If it isn't faked.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Awesome...yes it is an Aurora Borealis but I've never seen them in a spiral like that.

Well then we know natural phenomena can create perfect spirals now.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Awesome pictures, I have never seen a spiraled aurora like that, beautiful and very interesting. S&F!

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
just curious to know why the same phenomenon has been seen 2 times in recent weeks above the same location. there looks like a twister in the centre of the spiral. Also I have not known any aurora to be such a sprial shape as most of them that I do know off are seen snaking across the sky....

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Nice picture, but it is only the Aurora Borealis, not anything to do with the other spiral.
I would have to venture a guess that the reason for the spiral in the Aurora is that is the shape of the magnetic field at that location, at that time. Magnetic fields make elliptical shapes, that is not uncommon.
Good pics though.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

That's absolutely the Aurora! She's beautiful ain't she!

Nice pic man... but it ain't no spiral!

IRM

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Spirals everywhere.

Can we tell if this is spinning clockwise or counter?

Maybe the Universe is travelling a lot faster than we think.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Interesting thing that I noticed in these pics. There is a white line across the sky. Initially I thought it was the camera then I realized two different cameras from two different locations took these pictures. One both pics the white line can be seen. What is it?

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
It's funny, of course these images are Aurora Borealis!!! Don't get the wrong idea.
The spiral shape and the location is interesting related with the case I mentioned if you
know about the Norway Spiral case. By the way these are beautiful photos.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by loner007
just curious to know why the same phenomenon has been seen 2 times in recent weeks above the same location. there looks like a twister in the centre of the spiral. Also I have not known any aurora to be such a sprial shape as most of them that I do know off are seen snaking across the sky....

That's precisely what I meant, it's a curiosity.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   
There are some things that are not so good about living in the tropics. *sigh*

But apparently auroral spirals are not uncommon.

If you are under the auroral oval west of this breakup, you will see a bright aurora moving toward you from the east that might cover almost the entire sky and move from the eastern to western horizon within minutes. This aurora will often look like a huge spiral of curtains, with many smaller curls within the curtains.

odin.gi.alaska.edu...

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Isn't that something! Nice! I'll just mention this, I never seen a spiral like formation of an Aurora Borealis like that before. It might be a coinicidence, but just the shape serves as a reminder from that last spiral projection. What's up with Norway in their spirals? Trying to hypnotize the people are they now!?!?

But I think something might come out of it. I'll keep an eye on it. And I'm not suprised that they are fooling around with our ionsphere. Which is extremely dangerous. It's just that it's very odd, because the center point of the Aurora is a lot brighter than the spiral arms. Lots of energy seems to be focused there.

[edit on 20-2-2010 by Shrukin89]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Lovely images of the aurora. Never seen them quite in that formation myself, but it does make me miss living in Norway. Of course, the aurora borealis is one of the only pleasant things about the Norwegian winter. We do see them from time to time here in Montana, but not nearly so vivid.

Thanks for posting this.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
Just looks like the Aurora Borealis to me.

LOL - right.

You have obviously never experienced the northern lights real time.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit

Originally posted by loner007

That's precisely what I meant, it's a curiosity.

Whats more curious this is the only spiral shape known as far as I can tell the only one... I cannot find amongst the hundreds I have looked at coming even close to the photos shown of that spiral NOT one.....

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Beautiful Pictures
S&F

I'd love to experience the Aurora in reality and not just from photos

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join