It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

give me some info on the 5th dimension?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by wartooth420

5th dimension
so what exactly is it?

This question requires context to answer.

If you mean in a physics sense, I recommend you do some reading on what a dimension is. From there, you still need to understand what exactly the person you're speaking to is referring to, since "5th dimension" may be used to refer to either a spatial or temporal dimension, or may be used in discussion of concepts in which spatial and temporal dimensions are really the same thing. In the third case especially, which one is "the fifth" becomes totally arbitrary. What about the first three? Is up and down the first dimension, or is forward and back the first dimension? It really doesn't matter. Saying something like "the fourth dimension is time" is reasonable within a given context...but there's nothing really fundamental about it. It's an arbitrary convention.

If you mean in a spiritual sense, there are some people who use the word "dimension" instead of "density" when referring to levels within the spiritual progression of consciousness. That I'm aware of, Ra channel is the earliest source of this idea. Even here, not everyone who talks about it agrees on terms and significance of levels. The first problem is that according to the interpretation usually ascribed to the Pleiadians, "densities" and "dimensions" are very much different things. "Densities" are broad categories, or levels of spiritual progression. "Dimensions" are more akin to parallel universes, or realities as experienced by an observer. Many people don't make this distinction, and much confusion can result. As I understand it, according to the Pleiadian interpretation, the "fifth density" is the state of consciousness after death. It's a "contemplatation zone" where you review your life's experience and decide what to do next. But again...some people, not making the distinction betwen densities and dimensions somehow confuse this idea into thinking of spiritually "progressing" to the "next level." So, if you read closely, very often you may find people saying "Yes, you're going to die" and others may interpret this as "you're going to advance in fluffiness and light."

Fun stuff.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I think the 5th dimension isn't meant to be classified like common people expect it to be per se. Is it another material dimension "out of phase" with our own? Is it an immaterial energy reality coinciding with our own? This is how everyday people want to interpret this.

What it is, really, more or less depends on how scientists describe it mathematically. Is it a function of an existing mathematical expression? A new vector? Is it something else entirely? Can the theoretical physicists translate all their ideas into a real life measurable experiments? They do try...

Can they accurately describe gravity? Is it really a function of mass/acceleration? Or is it also merely an inherent characteristic of the connectedness of our universe? Neither or both?

I think the question is rather moot since I believe our current model of physics is based on a few fundamentally wrong assumptions. All mankind does now is try to fit everything we know into our existing flawed model. I think the M theory could actually be alot simpler than our best minds think it is. When the formula simplifies down to an easily recognizable equation that fits on a t-shirt, then I will posit it could be accurate.

Then again I could be completely wrong.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
i think, and this is just my personal belief the 5th dimension would be more subjective. what is real and true to you?
here is what is real and true to me
the universe began as a single point then expanded
never stopped still expanding from the beginning now the uni-multiverse is beyond infinite so that whatever your wildest imagination can come up with MUST exist in some form or way
whatever you percieve must exist somewhere
so what do you think the 5th dimension is like ?
hope that helps

[edit on 19-2-2010 by gaurdian2012]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

i just wanna say that theres an hallucenogen called salvia divinorum. when comsumed it causes "trips"(i dont know myself, ive never used it) and the "trips" from it usually last any between 3 minutes. to 20 minutes. its been used for years by many tribes to do a multitude of spiritual things.(i.e. speak with passed ancestors, try to attain enlightenment, etc etc etc)
thats pretty much all i know about it.
m sure theres ALOT more if you look it up. lol.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:34 AM
link   
im sorry. i didnt mean to start off some big frenzy of things. its just that ive seen and read many thing across the internet(not that i believe it all) and ive also seen alot of other things about it here on ats.
what i was mainly talking about, is the whole 2012 cosmic 5th dimension thing. i dont know exactly what to call it.
i honestly have no idea how to explain what im talking about.
ive just read about the 5th dimension having something to do with 2012. and all sorts of other random theories.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by wartooth420
so what exactly is it?

Good question. The Fifth Dimension is used in theoretical physics fairly frequently in describing relationships between otherwise unrelated forces — like the relationship between gravity and electromagnetism, for example.

How electromagnetism is related to gravity is a very important question — if we knew the answer, we could generate gravity by flipping a switch. Sweet. Like in Star Trek.

They figure the link between such forces may exist in another dimension, such as the Fifth Dimension. So, you could say that the Fifth Dimension is the Unified Field Theory dimension. When we crack the Unified Field Theory — that is, finally make it work — then we'll be dabbling in the Fifth Dimension.

That may be sooner than anybody thinks. If we can establish the existence of the Higgs Boson (the mysterious subatomic particle that lends mass to space) through our experiments with the Large Hadron Collider, we'll be a giant step closer to understanding how mass and gravity and electromagnetism work together. If we ever observe one of these Higgs babies, we'll confirm a lot of theoretical physics (and refute a lot, as well).

On the other hand, some theorists contend that the Fifth Dimension IS the Universe in a nutshell, and that the other 4 dimensions are contained within the Fifth Dimension.

Lot of theories out there. Lot of missing evidence, too.

— Doc Velocity

[edit on 2/21/2010 by Doc Velocity]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Personally, I'm more interested in the so-called Eleventh Dimension, which is a purely mathematical dimension, invented to allow us to observe the Universe from.. eh... outside the Universe, I guess you could say.

From this unique "pressbox" perspective, you could, theoretically, do all sorts of things that only a God-like Creator could do — like, turn Time backwards, freeze Time, et cetera. The Eleventh Dimension is a freak-a-zoid place, for sure. But that's probably where we'll have to go if we intend to ever Travel Against Time.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   
My only exposure has been Mathematical, and a sprinkling of Classical Physics.

3rd dimension is the seeable, objects with volume and shape.
4th is the timeline. Whereas, observable changes can be determined based on rate of change.

The 5th is usually reserved for a collection of 'Deltas'. Which, by definition, are the rates of change with scaling.

You can understand it with the volume of water in say a Time Clock, which used waters in measurement as a way of telling time.

One for hours, minutes and seconds. When these need adjusting ( add water ), then you would have a mechanism in 'tipping' usually that tells you this.

Also, the 5th dimension is sometimes were the invisible forces reside and are calculated. Force due to Gravity, internal atomic forces, and of course the unkowns.

It can be confusing, and I studied it all of less than one week, so forgive me if someone corrects via paste of mouse sweep at a site.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by passingthought
My only exposure has been Mathematical, and a sprinkling of Classical Physics....It can be confusing, and I studied it all of less than one week, so forgive me if someone corrects via paste of mouse sweep at a site.

Hey, it's confusing to the advanced theorists, too — not saying that I'm advanced, I'm not, I'm just well-read on the subject.

I got into physics when I was a little kid in the 1960s, and I subscribed to Science News and other science journals such as Nature when I was a teenager, which was fairly perplexing to a lot of my friends and teachers back in the 1970s.

I mean, I would get up in class and contradict the chemistry teacher, citing the most current scientific breakthroughs and giving source information. That was something you didn't do in highschool, because highschool is all about brainwashing and social engineering. If you buck the system in highschool, I don't care if you have a library of data backing you up, you are going down, my friend.

So, I got a reputation in highschool as an egghead and a troublemaker.

My, how things have changed.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   

yes I know.(have know of this for (14 years..) i also know that it does not affect everybody.

Its one of those wierd things. some poeple it will do absolutly nothing others, go into a world of their own.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
If you consider time as the fourth dimension I guess it could follow that the fifth dimension would be all time happening at once and a fifth dimensional being would be able to walk thru the time space as easily as we walk across a room. This is also one conception of hyperspace I believe.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Someone really sees the Fnords here.

Great post.

Your wittyness awes me sometimes.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I will tell you what I was shown to be the 5th dimension, whether you can take it as truth is another matter. In 2001 I had an encounter with an ET being, a female, at least she looked like a human female to me. She came to me as I was sleeping, her second appearance, and bade me get up, and get dressed. When I was dressed, warm, because this was winter in northern Indiana, and she waved her little hand to the wall of our house trailer and it open into a large doorway that we could walk through. The trailer sat some 5 feet off the ground, but I had no sensation of stepping down from the floor.

In the yard, in which I could see green grass where snow had been, sat a small, silver craft. We approached this, and she took my right hand, palm up, and held it to the open doorway. A hand came out with really long fingers, and little suction cups like on the finger tips. Satisfied, I was allowed to board. Inside the craft was really big, I could see like around the shape, it was rounded like. We went into a room where I sat down and the seat took to me like a glove, it fitted itself around my body, and coupled me in securely. I blacked out here, and when I woke up, I was standing in an open field...

I could see the sun, but it looked quite different, brighter like, and closer than I had seen it before. There were small animals there, and trees and grass, and incredibly clean. The water in a little stream was ice cold and tasted really good.

After a short question and answer session, she told me this was where humans go after death, those who have lived many lives and learned all of the many lessons life has to teach. I asked what could I do there, and she showed me that whatever I thought of, became reality right away. Thought becomes reality there, just like here, but without the long delay and other factors that may have bearing on it. This female told me a great many things, for which I am eternally grateful to her for that. She told me that if it were discovered that she took me here, she would be destroyed. (her word) I have no memory of the return trip, and do not know exactly where I was.
I have never seen her again, and fear that she was destroyed for helping me to understand. One thing about this experience, after this, I lost all fear of death. Believe it or not, this happened to me, and I trust I have helped you to understand a little better what the next dimensions will be like.

Only those who are in service to others will get to ascend with the first wave, more will follow later. Fill your heart with love for all beings, and truly serve mankind the best you can. That is my advice.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The 5th dimension you speak of is the one you go to when you die. I'm not trying to be the expert here but iv heard many things about such a plane existing.

basicly after death you go into this "5th dimension" where you experience emotions of people youv hurt, a sort of lesson for yourself to understand the damage youv done or how good you were, because this also is shown to you.

This is ofcourse wild speculation but i correlate my information with many cases, like people that have had NDE's and spiritual "leaders".

I think indeed such a place exists, it makes sence for me. Because no one can judge you only you can judge your self, and the 5th dimension makes this possible. And so you learn out of your bad doings and your incarnated life experience.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Unfortunately, by definition, it's beyond our understanding. I'll try to show you why that is...

First, understand that this is being written from a 3d perspective and therefore has certain biases. "True" dimensions only occur at what we perceive as prime numbers (e.g. 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, etc) By true I mean that a unique element or state of being is introduced, thus distinguishing it from previous dimensions.

This can be illustrated by looking at how our 3d reality relates to 2d and 4d...
Imagine a 2d universe as a piece of paper of infinite length and width (yes, it should have no thickness, but work with me). Where this piece of paper sits along the third dimension (e.g. on a table, or on a chair, or on the floor - for visual example...) is somewhat arbitrary. If however, you had a great number of these pieces of paper, you could stack them. Collectively, your papers have now realized a portion of the third dimension.

Comparing this to the relationship between 3d and 4d, the parallels are clear: Each 2d reality/sheet of paper is akin to a moment in time in a 3d reality. Moving a 2d reality/sheet up and down along the 3rd dimension is akin to moving forward and backward in time. So, you might describe the 4th dimension as, "Everything that has been, will be, and in fact, can be in the universe, all happening at once - happening now."

We are able to conceive of this parallel structure (i.e 2d-3d and 3d-4d) because 4d is a sub-dimension (vs. a true dimension). Next we encounter 5d. A true dimension. As such, a new incomprehensible element must be introduced in order for it to act as the context for the preceding dimensions. Being that 4d encapsulates "everything possible", how can 5d be beyond it? That is my point.

Hope this helps.

PS - we're not all going the same direction. Some of us are headed up to 5d and others are headed back down to 2d...

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity

Hey, it's confusing to the advanced theorists, too — not saying that I'm advanced, I'm not, I'm just well-read on the subject.

I mean, I would get up in class and contradict the chemistry teacher, citing the most current scientific breakthroughs and giving source information. That was something you didn't do in highschool, because highschool is all about brainwashing and social engineering. If you buck the system in highschool, I don't care if you have a library of data backing you up, you are going down, my friend.

So, I got a reputation in highschool as an egghead and a troublemaker.

My, how things have changed.

— Doc Velocity

Yeah, I took Phys. and Chem. in high school, also. In the late 1980's. And, our school must have been like yours, as our teacher seemed to emphasize daily the need of media supported hype, and how the Red Storm was rising. Meaning, the Communists invasion. Which, most don't comprehend well these days; as I'm a Cold War kid, that used to jam to the Emergency Broadcast System tests, more than what my local DJ had cued.

They want to inflict mind-control, and have what I've called Ordered Chaos. So, as to speak, when one steps the line---they will get interdicted, under authoratative eyes, so there's no recourse.

Summing up, yeah, I buck the system, and whoever may be stating for 'IT' at the time incurred.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join