It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

O Brave New World?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
By rule of thumb I generally visit ATS a couple of times a day to chack up on the latest happenings around the world. Not only that but I generally used to enjoy reading peoples reactions to the news, and their inquisitive way of thinking that raised questions that I would never even have thought of otherwise.

Sadly, Not anymore.

Now I havn't created this thread just to bash ATS like so many others have in the past, to be honest its just a kind of vent and to try and get my point across.

Over the last few days I have read some of the worst posts I have come across in a year and a half of using ATS.

These were In Threads about a possible false flag at the olympics, Did Iran just test a nuke? And the UN report on Iran creating nuclear weapons just to name a few.

The amount of posts that content was purely relating to calling the creator of that thread stupid, or an idiot or disgusting or fear mongering, or jumping on the backs of posters for stating purely their views and take on the situation. And finally people cheering on the start of WWIII and the nuking of entire countries.

It really is disgusting. The number of these types of posts is disturbing.

So how did we get to this point?

Have peoples resolve finally given in to the chemicals in our food and our water and our toothpaste?

Has our endless supply of mind altering drugs (Legal ones, like prozac) finally turned us into zombies hell bent on destruction?

Or are we all that fed up and delerious about life that the only real emotion we can hope to feel is through abusing other people and inflating our ego, or a mass genocide is the only thing large enough to create focus in our lives?

I gotta say, It used to be a good feeling knowing that there was genuinly nice, caring and intelligent people out there. Now I think these people really are few and far between.

Sorry for wasting your time If you sat and read my whole post. I guess a rant like this makes me as bad as the rest of them.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Yeah, I know exactly what you mean! It's definitely not a pointless thread, because I think people have to realize we're all here for similar reasons. You must be /some/ type of conspirator to be on ATS! And to say "I'm right, you're dumb" is a contradiction to what we're working toward. Are we not here to get the TRUTH out there? If someone posts a thread, they might just be trying to help spread the truth. So if they're wrong, how about kindly stating that "Hey, you've been misinformed.. Here's some facts as to why I think so." I'm not sure what happened to healthy debates, but hopefully some day we can work together in harmony as humans should! ^-^

S&F because I utterly agree, ATS has become more of a bashing site than a TRUTHERS site. C'mon guys, let's see the big picture here and work together! Is that not why this site was created? For like-minded people to come together and share their information, and experiences?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by tru_blu_dude

Thanks for that! The bashing has always been there but just lately its become endemic. And theres nothing I hate more when people just reply to a post and tell them they're wrong.

Using the Iran nuclear programme for example, somebody posted saying that Iran had been creating weapons for a long time, and someone replied to that post telling them that they were stupid and Iran will never have the capability. How do they know!? At best they can make an informed decision.

We are not experts and nor do we have experts in every field imaginable here on ATS. Granted, some people will know more than others on some topics but the a big percentage of content in a post on ATS is going to be based on speculation and/or a belief.

THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT! Bigging yourself up and pretending to be in the know of everyting from Uranium Enrichment to Geo-Politics is seriously not cool, its pretentious and very annoying and ruins the quality of the thread.

Just to add I was going to name the thread 'How did it come to this?' But decided on Brave New World because it seems that this is the way we seem to be heading at the minute in more ways than one. If anyone wants to steer away from ranting and discuss this I will look forwards to it!

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
It IS a Brave New World.
And Prozac is the Soma.

There's more irony here though , because the metaphor is reversible.

The conspiracy theorists, they sometimes act like the Savage. They are outside the norm , yes, but they have not adapted or evolved enough to think outside of their own little boxes.
And sometimes they act like the Controllers behind the society of A Brave New World.
Only THEY know what is right.

edit for spelling

[edit on 19-2-2010 by dragonsmusic]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

I honestly couldn't agree more! I read 1984 last year and couldn't believe the vision that Orwell had way back then, and I just finished reading Brave New World last month, and I honestly don't know what scares me most.

We are acting exactly like they do, we all take our prescription drugs and eat food made up of toxins and use toothpaste laden with excess alluminium production fluoride... and we do so knowingly! And why, because it gives up comfort and makes us feel like we belong in a disfunctional system that has been delibrately created by the very few wlite controllers.

I found myself asking the question what Mond asks the savage, if you had a choice to endure sadness, suffering, pain, all these negative things, or be pre-conditioned since birth and think that everything in your own little bubble is ok... you know what.. I WOULD feel those things.

Because its what makes us human, and adds balance and perspective to EVERYTHING. Positive & Negative, Ying & Yang.

I am a SAVAGE!

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Cutos with the thread. I do rant from time to time, but usually to those who I think are holding up the status quo of Loony Liberal VS Crazy Conservative.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sirbikesalot06

I have to say its unusual for me to get this annoyed, but I have been letting it build up and build up (along with other things) and I was finally at bursting point! I am generally just a lurker at ATS after trying my hand at a few threads and posts that fell on deaf ears, but after my little outburst earlier I have been typing away all day!

I guess its just the fact that only 18 months ago I found a nice retreat in ATS where I could share my views, and in this short space of time Its managed to turn into a slight annoyance, because the content angers me but I still find my self having to check it!

And as I have said, in this Brave New World I am beggining to see us merge into, we should all have a release from it and ATS is a perfect way.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by carlitomoore

Nice thread man

I know what you mean about silly posts recently, i mean some have been a complete waste of time.

In fact I got accused of being a disinfo agent at one point.

But IMO all of this could simply be put down to the fact it's the school holiday's this week and all the kid's are coming on here and posting nonsense, I’ve not been here long enough to know if this happens alot but I’ve heard from other members (ones who have been here a long time) say that whenever the kids are off school it get's like that here.

I hope they are right and overall posting level's go back to the high level they was.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Cool, Carlitomoore. It IS definitely what makes us human to feel those things.

Your fellow savage,
DM

posted on Oct, 17 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I completely agree and i have barely become a member of ATS for a month!
I saw a thread questioning wether our animals were actually programmed by aliens to spy on us. (not even kidding..)
i think our threads have been hijacked by people with the mentalities of 12 year olds.
Besides that, dont even bother to post on the threads, they'll go away the same way a 12 year old goes away if you dont give them attention..

posted on Oct, 18 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by littlecloud

Thanks littlecloud,

I can't remember when I first posted this, but the same problem is back with avengance right now and I am trying to combat it. I took it on myself to go 'guerrilla' amd start trying to clean up the boards my self... they didn't listen.

Except GAOUTO###, he or she is a top class mod

Hope they see this!

posted on Nov, 3 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

you also gotta remember that just because some of us don't post back and reply it doesnt mean that no one is listening, thinking and debating your topics.. I, personally, read a lot of the articles but then my questions get answered before i get a chance to, or i don't have anything new to contribute.. I don't think we are zombies, we just arent as intelligent as the rest

i am only 22 and just recently had my awakening so hopefully after some more of your articles about banking running the world, i will be equipped with the knowledge to join u in a conversation

Im just saying that there are a lot of us out there, it's just the trolls that are trying to discourage you.. not only that, they are probably being paid to do it
edit on 3-11-2010 by squirelnutz because: terrorists made me

posted on Nov, 4 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by squirelnutz

I am 21 years of age, its good to see other people in the same age group interested. I ahve always been told I am old before my time and that I think too much, but I don't mind, its what I enjoy.

Also I despair when I look at most people our age, I realy do. Thats not to say I think I'm better than them, just that I would wish better things for them. Sadly, the whole world is heading in the same direction.

Glad you liked the thread man! I'm glad that it is reviving interest in some of my old threads as well. Out of curiosity, why did you post on here? Im guesiing you saw it in my signature but have you read Brave New World?

posted on Nov, 5 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
i've gotta say it's good to know that there are people at least somewhere that can share their ideas and perspectives without having to get aggressive and argumentative about things.
it's true that there are a lot of people out there who like to jabber on about nonsense, too many of them, it could be that the way society in general is structured even creates these kind of mindless zombies.
just remember that it's the fool who is always announcing himself, so naturally they seem to be the overwhelming majority.
these people obviously lack understanding about many things, including whatever they may be babbling about, so if one is not willing to actively listen, even to most obstreperous and unwise, then they will never learn.
it's great when wise and intelligent people can come together and give each other new ideas and perspectives, but it's all meaningless if it stops there, because it's the ignorant masses who are manipulated, and without them, there would be no source of finance and power for those who who take advantage of their willing stupidity.

so the question is, how can the few good-hearted, intelligent people educate those who spit in the face of the wise?
how can they be shown the error of their ways when the truth is a taboo subject? popular media, news, school, government, control, society in general, these are all systems where we are taken from the moment we are able to speak and given a massive store of trivial bullsh...it and preconceived notions about ourselves and the people around us.
how can we possibly return to "the great integrity" as it's known in the tao? it seems all other life on this planet would be better off without the existence of the human species. obviously that wouldn't be very good for any of us, but are we so collectively selfish that the survival of a government is more important that the survival of even the smallest of life forms?
there is no good or bad, no control or chaos, only illusions and reality.
paradoxes are everything and nothing as we know it.
they make everything meaningless yet give meaning to everything.

verse58 from the tao te ching; alternatives
When a government is more benign, the people are more productive.
When a government is more tyrannical, the people are more rebellious.
But whatever the government, if disaster is the bitter fruit of others’ good fortune, how long can such injustice be tolerated? How long we have endured the hypocrisies!
Those pretending to be righteous act deceitfully. Those pretending to be religious revert to evil.
We have been deluded! And each day it becomes worse!
Be firm and armed, but do no harm! Be as sharp as a knife, but do not cut! Be ready to transform, but do not provoke! Illuminate the darkness of ignorance, but do not blind!

just remember that you're not alone and not to pay any attention to those who argue just for the sake of argument. just listen to the sound of silence and know that's the sound of all of the people who ARE thinking for themselves.

peace ya'll

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

I have read Brave New World, just recently actually and the similarities are scary... HD televisions (Soon to be 3D), are complete feelies, everyone is drugged up on some new 4 lettered pill, all working for nothing.... nothing meaningful anyways...

It's cool to see someone around the same age with the same ideas... it's a lonely world when you remove the rosy red glasses

and i agree about the hopelessness of our generation... I was a douchebag for years only caring about sports and parties hiding my true self out of fear of rejection... I know, complete sob story, but my friends are still in that mindset and they look at me like a freak whenever i mention amazing books such as BNW or 1984 or even when i talk about history, i might as well be talking to a wall... The only topics that seem to interest them are video games, sex, and sports.... while i enjoy my share of the video games, sex and sports, i know that there is more to life than that... more to life than collecting things, like cars and suits and all that bs

Even the people our age that seem smart are only book smart.. they are good with facts but extremely closed minded when you try and throw some critical thinking at their force fed ideology....

but alas, i applaud you for being awesome and giving me hope... not just another guy wearing a Che shirt thinking they know life, man

posted on Nov, 6 2010 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by dingleberrysalad

I also agree with this statement.... this is more than just a place where people can spout out conspiracies, it's a place where like minded individuals can get together and debate intelligent topics... you can't find that anywhere else on the web.... Even the trolls, as #ty as they are, bring their own element of argument to the the table and even throw out their own points of view

new topics

top topics

join