It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female ats members not welcome???

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
since I have signed up to ats i have had nothing but sad and nasty comments from ats members, and pure bad manners has anyone else noticed?

why are the men on here allowed to swear and if a woman swears back you get points?? and the male members don't?

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
I'm sorry to hear that. I suspect that it's because the vast majority of the guys here don't usually have much to do with women.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by starshiner

Hi!

Personally I thought it was great that anyone - whatever sex, age, colour or religion can be a 'member' of ATS. If you have experienced abuse from other members I can only assume they are less mature/advanced than you.

just as an aside, I rarely worry about who or what the posters is (especially as their avatars can be highly deceptive) and prefer to concentrate on the content.

Peace!

link   

Originally posted by DJW001
I'm sorry to hear that. I suspect that it's because the vast majority of the guys here don't usually have much to do with women.

I disagree with that statement whole heartedly and have a closet full of skeletons to back it up

link   
I know many female members of ATS that are great contributors to the site. I don't believe anyone is allowed to use bad language male or female.

Yes I have experienced plenty of bad manners. Thats what the ignore button is for. If someone is bothering you so much just put them on your ignore list.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
true you can put them on the list but then the dreaded inboxers!!!
if people don't like my genuine comments please leave the lady alone!!
there should be a complete bar button really, i do see a lot of young teenage men at foul to being rude mainly

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

How would anyone know you're a female?

And usually the rules are the same for everyone, there are exceptions but generally there is some consistency.

Sorry to hear you've had a bad experience.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Just ignore those people who try to bring you down, or if they continue doing it then file a complaint and get them dealt with, Although It's funny that those people who try and bring down other's can only do it to people who are over the internet and never face to face in real life.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
good point my man how do they know your female?,

usually snidy comments about you must be female lol so what!! argh

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

How would anyone know you're a female?

No one would know that your a female, so I don't think that the sexism argument stands.

However I do agree with all the above posts. People should treat others like how they expect to be treated. I don’t know about some of the people on this site, but I would preferably want to be treated with respect.

I’m a female on this site and no one has sworn at me....yet and I hope it stays that way.

Just ignore the abusive language, they’re probably coming from a bunch of uncivilised, immature people. They'll get tired of it someday.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   

What!? There are females posting on ATS!?

Pfft, next you will be telling me there are gays and ethnic minorities here too.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Since I have joined I have had a mixture of great conversations and I have also had my share of snide comments too. The way to deal with it is to deny the trolls the power to get to you and just slap them with ignore.

One thing I have noticed about ATS is that there are many here who are prolific and have much fascinating things to say but sadly there are also many prolific posters that have nothing to say but are determined to say it anyway because their ego demands it.

Do yourself a favour and do not try to reason with these types, just stick them on ignore and move on because once you start to use this feature on these types then you will find that ATS is a much friendlier place but to keep it friendly you must keep weeding the garden.

As to swearing, I have not seen much of it and if there is any swearing or if anyone tries to get around the swear filter then they run the risk of getting some rather negative attention from the moderators because to my experience they seem to take a very strict view as to bad language.

So man, woman, alien, and demon if they swear on ATS they swear at their peril and in that regard ATS is an equal opportunities punisher in my opinion.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I've gotta say I've never heard of, or come across an incident of sexism on ATS until now. My advice is to just whack whoever it is on ignore. You don't have to see their posts, problem solved.

To DJW001, I think you'd be suprised, we're not all nerdy, losers who can't talk to a girl without breakin a sweat you know. Anyway, chicks love intelligence, my girlfriend does anyway.

Have a good one

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
I have not personally felt once on this site that i was any less for being a woman, maybe i'm just not sensitive to the issue though.

If i'm pulled up on something it's usually because i'm being a rude b**** or some other reason. I've always thought everyone is belittled evenly on here ;p.

[edit on 19/2/2010 by bkaust]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
maybe i should take the female brainiac off my profile lol,

yes great comment weed the garden!! i love it
i have also noticed the ego power trips too lol

a man with a big mouth must be making up for something else??!!! little joke

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
When I see - Starshiner
How? am I suppose to know gender?
For all I know youre a 400lb man with cheese puff dust on his chest laying in bed with a laptop.
And on the flipside!
How do you know your verbal problems are from males.
It's the web, the internet, impersonal at best at times.
Thick Skin Required.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
ever since i have put up this thread my star contributions have been removed????

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

starshiner, how bout you go and shine up your rusty sheriffs badge and stop takin the michael or you will get a swift slap. stop your moanin

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Hi Starshiner, I'm sorry to hear about your bad experiences on ATS.

Here is a stat about ATS regarding the male to female ratio, along with some other stats.

It is from here.

You can also check out the demographics of ATS via a 2007 study. Here.

Apparently, from april 2007 up to now, there has been an increase of female visitors to ATS from 21% to 40%.

I hope you have better luck going forward, on ATS.
Sometimes you just need to roll with the punches.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join