It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Political Correctness kills

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
This is a brilliant satire video clip if i might say of the current state of Political correctness and Islam in this current administration, please feel free to ad your comments and remember to be nice and stay on topic. Enjoy! www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Even more reason to condemn Political Correctness!

But since we don't want to offend our Islamic Fundamentalist friends, let's just pretend there is no clash of civilisations and that Sharia Law will come into effect by some random chance out of their control.

[edit on 19/2/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I agree completely i think the current administration is either waking up to the fact that bowing and apologizing isnt going to cut it anymore and these people wont stop tell all convert to islam and the game of PC is just a exercise in futility

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Political correctness is one of the worst forms of socio-cultural rot the Western world has ever experienced. I don't care whether its directed at Islam or other "historically marginalized voices of otherness." It's a sick, enfeebling doctrine.

Future historians in, say, 500 or 1000 years, will be scratching their heads over why the West handed itself over on a platter for centuries to come. It literally makes no sense from any kind of historical perspective. Even though those of us unfortunate enough to live through this plague have a kind of intuitive understanding of its warped dynamics, when future generations look back they aren't going to be able to make heads nor tails of this pathology.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Political correctness exists only in the minds of those who profess to hate it. Much like the famous quote regarding obscenity, few of them have any stable definition, it's usually "I'll know it when I see it," and it inevitably becomes a catch-all term for random stuff that the complainer doesn't like anyway. In extreme cases, complaining about political correctness, ironically becomes a "politically correct" cover for the speaker's own bigotry.

Case in point, the two posters above who are complaining about political correctness, while engaging in truly farcical assumptions and broad-brush slathering of their own ignorance across the face of 1.5 billion of their fellow human beings who happen to say "god" in a different way.

[edit on 19-2-2010 by TheWalkingFox]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Politcal correctness is a tool to place controls over what can and can't be said, done, created, destroyed, utilised or abused.

It is to prevent the liability of the liable. A method of separating yet appearing to be unite and to appear unprejudice when being prejudice.

Without political correctness race, sex and personal discrimination would shine like the sun above our heads...

[edit on 19/2/10 by spearhead]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
Political correctness exists only in the minds of those who profess to hate it. Much like the famous quote regarding obscenity, few of them have any stable definition, it's usually "I'll know it when I see it," and it inevitably becomes a catch-all term for random stuff that the complainer doesn't like anyway. In extreme cases, complaining about political correctness, ironically becomes a "politically correct" cover for the speaker's own bigotry.

Or maybe those who side with a religion/culture they admire will do everything in their power to deny that some elements within that population present problems for those who are not apart of that religion/culture. Calling a spade a diamond because you do not want to offend the spades is the problem. Whether the diamonds, hearts or clubs dislike or are prejudiced against the spade should not be cause to deny the spade is a spade.

Case in point, the two posters above who are complaining about political correctness, while engaging in truly farcical assumptions and broad-brush slathering of their own ignorance across the face of 1.5 billion of their fellow human beings who happen to say "god" in a different way.

I think you have missed the point. This seems to be a common problem on ATS. Most people have no problems with Islam or Muslims. It is the Radical faction that are dangerous and mass-immigration of more religious fanatics into countries that do not have Muslim majorities is a danger to those already living there. Have a look at the UK. See all those protests and demonstrations calling for Sharia Law in the UK? Was the influence of Islamic Extremists as problematic 20 years ago?

If you want to argue that the existence of 1.5b Muslims in the world negates the fact that there are millions of Islamic fanatics that present a clear and present danger to disbelievers, then that is your choice.

[edit on 19/2/2010 by Dark Ghost]

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

I hugely disagree with respect sir and find your comment almost insulting, at least these other religions who profess god in their own way do not indoctrinate youth to be suicide bombers and will stop at nothing to make sure their "faith" is force ably accepted by others

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Thank you for that inciteful post sir you truly captured the spirit and words of the post i was trying to convey

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I have no problem telling the people of Islam the same thing there leaders say about us. I think they have made the line in the sand and to bad that most of them are cowards that is why they can never form a army that is worth anything.

Even so called moderates in the religion do nothing to stop the madness. They push there way of life on all of us and expect us to bow to there will. I say you get what you give and look at what the give to the world.

The funny part is like I said look what Israel did to them in the last true wars and look at Iraq they are cowards that will hide behind women and children they even teach there kids how to fight. They should very careful if they push much farther the worm is going to turn for them in a really bad way. I think they are so arrogant and that whole virgin when you die thing I think they will just keep pushing.

[edit on 20-2-2010 by Subjective Truth]

[edit on 20-2-2010 by Subjective Truth]

new topics

top topics

join