It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Churchill demanded UFO briefing: secret files

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Churchill demanded UFO briefing: secret files

www.abc.net.au

...another file dating back to 1952 which showed then British prime minister Winston Churchill requesting a briefing on UFOs from his secretary of state for air.

"What does all this stuff about flying saucers amount to? What can it mean? What is the truth? Let me have a report at your convenience," he wrote.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Have a read of the article as it reveals some other fascinating incidents that have occurred. Including someone who developed skin problems when unexplained light surrounded his car.

Anyway it was good to see that Churchill was interested in such things and would be nice to read the full report that he received back rather than this paraphrased version.

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
What does it mean? it means...nothing, because its top secret anyhow.

There is no evidence of UFOs, period. There are plenty of leads, but no smoking gun evidence.

Not that it doesn't exist...but us knuckledragging plebs are not privvy to such evidence if it does exist..and dont expect that to change too soon.

When will it change? When the public sector science can achieve interplanetary travel...until then, the government doesn't have to release anything if they have it, and ET has no reason to talk to the general population until such an event also.

Good find though

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
churchil was an interesting figure, TBH, i'm in two minds about the man himself, all that historical manipulation rethoric, but he was certainly a great war leader and was supposed to have been very pragmatic, i've never heard anyone accuse him of being gullible.

it's good to know he was interested in UFO's, it's one of those really nice pieces of UFO folklore which makes the subject so enjoyable to study. i'ld love to know what his verdict on the subject was, but seeing as there is no further communication detailed, i assume he accepted the given explanation.

in regard to the explanation, it interesting that the standard explanations we hear/use today seem to have been accepted so readily in 1952!! to quote the response churchill received "optical illusions, mistaken identification of planes, birds and balloons and deliberate hoaxes" i always thought that such a concrete decision as to what UFO's are required a few decades of well funded reasearch. guess not.

something which skeptics might find interesting in here too,

One UFOlogist, David Clarke of Sheffield Hallam University in northern England, said the latest files showed how the shape of reported flying saucers had changed in recent decades.
This could be linked to sci-fi television shows and films like "The X Files" and "Independence Day", he said.

there are a lot of UFO abduction and interaction account elements that seem to reflect current scientific understandings rather than advanced alien intelligence.

for instance, the aliens contacting us with messages used to come from nearby planets like venus and mars, but now they seem to come from near-by or famous stars.

then again, there's also the argument that this is because they're talking to us in language we'ld understand, which is a fair point.

a well compiled archive, like the MoD reports being released, gives us a nice perspective on the development of either the scientific study, of us and our planet, by aliens or the development of the social myths surrounding aliens and how it has influenced the abduction accounts.

a nice story, i enjoyed reading it, thanks OP

[edit on 17/2/10 by pieman]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

i'd hardly say there is no evidence.

it's evident to me because iv'e seen them.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

But this information is declassified. Which makes me think that if we knew how to contact the appropriate agency to give us these files, we could find out the information.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentShadow

Originally posted by SaturnFX

But this information is declassified. Which makes me think that if we knew how to contact the appropriate agency to give us these files, we could find out the information.

Looks like those files are right here:

ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk...

Now to sift through them and see if it gives us any more information.

new topics

top topics

join