It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Oil Find In Colorado

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Look's like there's oil still left after all, in Colorado that is... This story out of Greeley, Co. from Denver 7 News. It sound's as if they are pretty excited about this find. Wonder if there's more where that came from, and how important this will be for US energy.

www.thedenverchannel.com...

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
It's just a matter of days until the corporate citizens rally their lawyers to engage in 'controlling' the source.

And the Department of Interior will back them up all the way.

This may be good news locally, but even then, I'm inclined to anticipate the appearance of the robber barons to do their 'thing.'

Cynical? Yes, a bit.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Im in CO and about 2 min from my house, on private property, they just erected a HUGE drill (I will try and get pics this week) - and I assume its for oil. CO is sitting on lots of it. I cant even imagine striking it on my own land

[edit on February 17th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Just more proof that "peak oil" is a complete farce.

If we think that mother nature doesn't replenish what we take out, we are fools.

I'm sure we will keep finding these deposits in bountiful areas all accross the world.

Especially once the artic is done melting

Not that I support fossil fuels, they should move out of the sector and into renewable energy.

But to say that we are running out of ANTYHING is just a straight up lie.

~Keeper

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I live in Wyoming. There is still a ton of Oil left. The Rigs are still laying people off.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I just heard on local news that a lot of the profit is supposed to go to weld county, in colorado.....Hmmmmm, we shall see if that happen's

new topics

top topics

join