It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mysterious domes of Siberia's valley of death.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
They have been there for eons and were at first used as a station, then later this was the first settlement when The Star Gods
decided to populate the earth with a new species they came to call man.

Created to do the physical labor for these Gods. What these Gods did
not for see, in making man intelligent enough to follow instructions. He
was also capable of memory and thinking for himself. Soon he knew of
the one true creator God, of all that has come to be.

Must have been the dumbest aliens in the universe. They have the technologies to travel light years in ships that can carry large equipment, food supplies, etc. They have full genetic customizing knowledge and the microtechnology to implement.

They land on Earth and want some minerals. So they customize a whole new species to do - DITCH DIGGING WITH SHOVELS. Like why not use some robotic technologies or something advanced? What powered their space ship?

This concept of creating mankind for manual labour has always been the stuff of children's book level fairy tale. Maybe actually taken seriously by people who read Z Sitchin's pseudotranslations of Sumerian and actually believe it's anything beyond bad Science Fantasy.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by mmiichael]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
this thread just keeps getting better and better.

i would be of no professional help on an expedition, but i would totally join one. i have to see all this stuff myself.

i'd keep a strict log of the journey, provide humourus relief and morale boosts. also i could cook. LET'S DO THIS.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NightFlyer96

no question is stupid but yeah i would think u could some kid on youtube found weird pyramid structures and what looked like an underground subway system under the ocean so its possible

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DJM8507

Great thinking, that is very possible. I'm going to have to research these some more.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by shagreen heart

i so agree with u on that one!

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

Whose to say that humans arent robots in the first place.

easily influenced, self assembling, selfmaintaing....isnt that kind of what some scientists are trying to make nanobots go? Gather their own energy, assemble eachother...

The only thing that makes us any different is the process by which we go about doing the exact same thing, which really doesnt mean anything. The only oddball is the so called "intelligence" that has been bestowed upon us.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by gazerstar

Your post is very interesting, and I don't think it should be discounted.
Diamonds and gemstones are big business, and Russia has some that are only found there, such as Alexandrite (it changes color -very pricey -- up to $17,000 a caret) and Chrome Diopside, which is a very beautiful, deep green colored stone.

Russia often has problems with mining the gems because the ground is so completely frozen most of the time. In fact, in some areas they only have a short window of time (a month or so) out of the year to be able to even get to these gems.

So I wouldn't dismiss the fact that some of these structures might be associated with mining, or the acquisition of gemstones.

As far as the CZ's, they are generally made in labs, and I don't know why a structure would need to be placed in the ground in frozen Siberia to make those.

But looking for real diamonds...I wonder. Also, I don't mean to ramble, but of course their mines would look nothing like ours, due to the deeply frozen ground. We don't experience anything that frozen, anywhere in the U.S. They would need a different method....

Just saying. I thought your find was a good one, and worthy of consideration.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NightFlyer96

one can only hope so

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowed

i know i was wondering the same thing about what kind of metal it was if recall correctly ppl who actually witnessed and held debrie from the 47 roswell crash said the same thing that it could not be scratched ,dented with a hammer or cut maybe it was made in the vaccum of space?i was also thinking if it was alien related then maybe the reason ppl got so sick and died was because of some kind of extraterrestrial parasite or germ an alien virus?

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
also if perhaps it was a government expiremnet with bombs or chemicals or something then ppl would have most defintaley got sick these structures are obviously not natural land formations and were either manmade or by something else i am really curious as to what they are made of

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
The most recent item of news about the domes was from Autumn last year, which was that somebody had located some domes and was off to investigate. It might have been Nikolai Subbotin, who also investigated the Dalnegorsk UFO crash.
Let's hope he proves more credible than all those other Russian anomaly investigators, it does seem to be The Land That Truth Forgot !
Can't remember exactly when I read that but the expedition was due to depart back then, so perhaps we should hear something soon.

Past commentators, particularly Valery Uvarov (much published in Nexus!?!?) somehow linked the domes with the local mythology and Tunguska. I don't see much foundation for that connection:- the legends could refer to volcanic activity and Tunguska is a long way to the West.
Let's hope this one doesn't just fizzle out like so amny other expeditions you never hear of again.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Nice find, but I have a feeling that its a hoax. Something like this would be easy to photograph and would have been documented by now if it existed.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Very nice find. I hope it's true

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Chonx

Great story but very disappointed that there are no real photos of these so called "cauldrons". from the Fortean Times website it says:

In 1936, a geologist visiting the Olguidakh River (the “place with a cauldron”), found a ‘cauldron’ that was not completely submerged. A smooth hemisphere of metal 2cm thick and with razor-sharp edges, it was reddish in colour. Barely a fifth of it was above ground and the opening in its vault was accessible to a person sitting on a reindeer. The geologist sent its description to the capital city Yakutsk, but no one paid any attention.

Would you not go back and document your findings of this very rare and unusual structure in the middle of nowhere and try to figure out who built them, did anyone build them, how old are they, what are they made of etc?

P.S yes, i know the area is HUGE but since explorers already have found the whereabouts of the so called "cauldrons" they could launch an expedition knowing exactly where to look. With todays vehicles an expedition would not be too hard and probably not too expensive either, a small team could fly in. On the other hand, if it has been used as a nuclear testing ground i might think twice before.

Wikipedia on "The Sakha (Yakutia) Republic":

At half the size of the Far Eastern Federal District, it is the largest subnational governing body by area in the world at 3,103,200 km2 (1,198,200 sq mi), yet it has a population of slightly less than one million. Its capital is Yakutsk.
en.wikipedia.org...

Comparisons area:, India 3,287,240 km2 .
China: 9,640,821 km2
USA: 9,826,675 km2
Canada: 9,984,670 km2
Russia today: 17,075,400 km2
Soviet Union/USSR (1922–1991): 22,402,200 km2

[edit on 17-2-2010 by rhines]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
hey, everyone

I have to admit I didn't check all the links in this thread yet so I might repeat some info, but I just hope it will be at least somewhat useful.

There was supposed to be a big russian expedition (20 people) back in 2008, but somewhat happened and only two guys flew over the valley with their super light helicopter taking pictures, without any scientific instruments though.
So, it's nothing groundbreaking or extraordinary, although quite interesting.
Here are the pics:
Gallery
Story in Russian

I'm really not sure whether it would be usefull to provide links to endless Russian forums on this topic as I really can't spend time translating.. I checked few and they are worth to be read I think, but i think any of you who can read Russian would find them anyway

Oh, and one more thing - here is a link to the full text of the epic poem Olonho, of the Yakutian nation/tribe that has lived/lives there:Epic I saw that this epic was mentioned in one of the English links I glanced through.
Also, for those of you who can read Russian or know someone to translate the texts, there is a heap of Russian forums with some theories, possible explanations, analysis of the epic, etc.

Good luck and thanks for the amazing story
s/f

[edit on 17-2-2010 by ilaruum]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Interesting stuff.
I found that story about the guy loosing his hair and the woman with the three spots on her head after spending the night there very in. There is obviously some kind of radioactivity going on if this is true.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ilaruum

Those are great photos, but i wonder if those large hills are the same as the "cauldrons" ? Anyway, the hills in the photos look really strange almost spooky, why is there no vegetation on them but all around them and how did they become ?

Translation of the Epic can be done via Googl e translate

Cheers.

[edit on 17-2-2010 by rhines]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by expat2368
Well this is SUPER interesting to me. I am going to do as much research as possible about this. I am in Russia often on business and have wanted to go to that part of Russia for a long time. If my research finds that there truly is a mystery about the area that is worth investigation, my health permits, and I can find a couple of people to go along I will gather some equipment (including a Geiger counter) and try to find the area. I know there are certain areas in Russia where foreigners are not allowed so that could be an issue.

Best mystery I have seen on ATS for a while.

That would be awesome, if I had the money I would totally sign up for something like that, I'd love to be the camera man. =P

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by rhines

I'm no geologist, but here is one of the theories:
Among the tundra dominate younger brothers of Patom crater (the one that is at Tunguska, 70 m high). Scientists have not fully defined what that it is, but the most likely option, that these formations - the result of volcanic activity. Around these "boilers" there are several kimberlite pipes: Peaceful, Successful, and others (Мирная, Удачная и др.) indicating that volcanic activity is ongoing in these areas. Kimberlite tubes are hundreds of millions of years old though, and "boilers/cauldrons" are still fresh.
Unusual appearance of these hills: the absence of their usual volcanic craters, might be showing what happens when a volcano feeble attempts to get through the two-mile layer of permafrost.

As for the connection between the mythical cauldrons and those hills.. well, there was some geological hypothesis (translated from the story about 2008 expedition I gave a link to):

"Since region is rich in unusual geological formations, it was necessary to exclude that part of assumptions. In this paper, "WHAT CAN TELL XENOLITHS from kimberlites AND TRAPS?" LL Perchuk (Department of Petrology Moscow State University. MV Lomonosov Moscow State University), we found the following information: "The most common form of occurrence of kimberlite bodies - the tube, but not cylindrical, but rather resembles a pipe smoking (pipe, Eng.). By its narrowest part it is directed deep into the Earth ... A lot of the tubes has an outlet to the surface, where they filled the crater kimberlite material and resembles the mushroom hat, the edges of which pass into the ring wave, created by the explosion and release of tuffs and break through the kimberlite magma. However, further states that "researchers distinguish kimberlite pipes in the structure of its crater - funnel (funnel diameter of 900 m, 300-350 m in height and angle of inclination of the surface from 50 to 75 degrees), vertical channel (its height is not more than 2000 m) and the root part, provided a feeding conduit in the form of dikes, the thickness of which varies from a few to a few tens of meters. " Conversations with several Moscow geologists have convinced us that the object of interest is proportionally smaller in size than the geological formation. You can believe or not believe the stories of eyewitnesses, but they all talked about the boilers in the size of 5-10 meters in diameter."

So it seams the researchers are discarding this hypothesis also.

As for speculations..I'd go with some teraforming project and those hills as a byproduct of something. I've also read somewhere some witness accounts about some huge transperent dome forming there with balls of fire flying around. It's possible everything is natural, but that is no less interesting

Also, please check that aforementioned story, the guys describe every known expedition there to date.
Have fun

[edit on 17-2-2010 by ilaruum]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Awesome thread
But people read the links before posting
The articles stated that these cauldrons were explored through out history by hunters. Since that would predate the formation of the USSR atomic testing can be ruled out. As for exploring, it's not like a weekend hike! Siberia is a very inhospitable land and exploring it for the cauldrons would not be as simple as you would think. In the US people get lost and die in what woodland we have left and except for Alaska, no where in the US gets that cold and desolate. I'd like to see if half of you wanna be explorers could even use a compass!
Sorry for the rant
sorta of
This thread keeps making me think of that forest in Romania that Destination Truth went to. That strange clearing where nothing would grow pops into my head as something similar.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join