It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: Police Brutality: Cops Plant Drugs On Suspect & Lets Dog Attack

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Well I freely admit to being one of those people that paints all cops with the same brush. I've had too many dealings with them to ever trust any of them again. I've been TWICE arrested for things that aren't even against the law. I've been ticketed for things that were made up on the spot, no crime had been committed.

Maybe it's just Oklahoma cops but they are corrupt to the core and have a bad attitude. I grew up being taught to respect cops but respect is earned and whatever respect I had for cops has long since disappeared.

I know people that I socialize with whose day job is as a cop. Socially, I don't have a problem with them but when they put on that badge and gun, poof! instant jacka$$. I've told them so too. They laugh about it.

I keep my evidence against these corrupt cops in a safe place that very few know about. I tried showing small (very damning) portions of it to the attorney general but didn't even get the time of day from him so who knows how far up the food chain the corruption goes. I just avoid cops (when they're in cop mode) and keep bail money (for bogus charges) at the ready.

It was irresponsible and inflammatory for the news to let lose this video without explaining everything on it. To me, that's just as corrupt as what they claim the cops did on the video. There's plenty of evidence out there without having to fabricate it.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
US Police officer have a much to short training for to handle these situations.
Take a look below at this pathetic training program from Metropolitan Police just as an example. 24 weeks training hehe that is shorter much shorter then an Swedish Security Guard for ex. Swedish Police spend 30 months training for to be a Police Officer.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How long is the training period in the Academy?

Academy training for recruit officers lasts for 24 weeks. During the first month, recruit officers live on site at the Academy (except for on weekends).

What type of training do recruits receive?

MPDC recruit officers complete a full program of physical, classroom, and firearms training to prepare them for the challenges of being a police officer. The subjects covered include laws of arrest, search and seizure, criminal law, traffic regulations, human relations, community policing, and ethics. In addition, recruit officers receive skills training in firearms, operation of emergency police vehicles, self-defense, advanced first aid, and much more.

Is there a probationary period?

MPDC officers serve an 18-month probationary period, which includes the 24 weeks spent in the Training Academy.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by whitewave

I am not saying there are not bad cops, I know there are. I have met some very fine cops that do their job accordingly; I have also met some real jerks.

I understand problems people have but at the same time we have to look at the individual on all instances or small groups if they are acting as such. But to blame an entire group for the actions of a few is irresponsible in my opinion. I am sorry to say that and normally I agree with you on most things. But in this instance I will not.

Raist

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
I personally know of someone, whom I attended the University with who had drugs planted on him during a search based upon being stopped and frisked for resembling a supposed Puerto Rican robbery suspect.

The way the individual beat the charge was partially due to his having no criminal record or arrest record AND the bag of drugs had a variety of different drugs most users wouldn't carry or use.
AND a very good attorney.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Unfortunately I lived in that very town half my life. I actually know Carlos and the police in question. I have been on the wrong side with these cops once or twice. I'm probably going to be arrested for this but the whole legal system in that county is a hugely corrupt money racket. Virtually every single person I know who lives in that county has been sucked into the legal system and are still paying for it. I even tried to move away once and was dragged back in hand cuffs from a very old misdemeanor. It took me years just to pay off all the fines they slapped on me. It actually cost me $50 a day just to sit in jail. I sat in there two months waiting to go to court. Guess why I was there? Failure to pay fines. I guarantee there is at least 100 people in that jail for failure to pay fines.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I specifically said "good cops" need to speak up. In other words, stop covering up for their fellow rogue cops. Many of the cops hired in the past few years are returning Iraq/Afgan vets who are screwed up mentally.

Torture in Iraq...it's readily available to anyone who wishes to look:

www.youtube.com...=1&playnext_from=TL&videos=D3x0KX8AJJU&v=MF1jAyIl9rY

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

But from your post all cops are returns from Iraq.

All those in Iraq have been taught to torture.

I want to see where cops torture and where all the troops are taught to torture.

Read my posts, I do not cover for bad cops. I defend the good ones.

Edit to add your quote. Let us look at it again.

Originally posted by romanmel

The police today are returning criminals from Iraq who have been trained to torture citizens and as soon as they get back they are hired by local police to turn their "craft" on the American public. This has went about as far as it is going to be allowed by a well armed public.

Fortunately, these typical bad cops are not very bright. My advice to the rogue cops is stop right now or find a different job. To the few "good cops" I advise, speak up and stop this before it is too late.

Raist

[edit on 2/16/10 by Raist]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

Thank you for posting facts among the fantasy. We see too much fantasy around here.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I don't have to "prove" that many cops are bad. Just read the people who have responded in this and other threads regarding the criminal cops planting dope and false testimony in court. Are they all mistaken?

We have a near police state in this country. The few good cops are bound by the "honor the blue" oath not to squeel on the bad ones. Bottom line there is they are all bad in deed or silence. Give them a raise...HA

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

By that logic then I was right you do not see any cops as good.

You are sort of bouncing around here. So is it we have no good cops or we have a few?

Never mind I am sure I know what your answer is. Sad really, you should get past the bias and see the facts. The number of bad cops is but a few, they only make the headlines so often because reporting about all the good cops do would be boring for the media. The good stories far outweigh the bad ones though if only you could get the media to video and report on them.

Raist

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   

more of the same what a shame.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoLaR513
more of the same what a shame.

wow...you people really are sad. A THREE year old story and you still post it as if this is current and ongoing. Its been posted on ATS a LONG time ago and this jerk was fired. PATHETIC attempt...please stop REHASHING old incidents to try and make it appear more frequent...

yeah if you take negative events over the past 5 years you can find a lot of videos showing bad behavior or questionable behavior of cops. I can find in 5 mintues MILLIONS of videos of everyday people acting like animals....

[edit on 2/16/2010 by rcwj1975]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

By that logic then I was right you do not see any cops as good.

You are sort of bouncing around here. So is it we have no good cops or we have a few?

Never mind I am sure I know what your answer is. Sad really, you should get past the bias and see the facts. The number of bad cops is but a few, they only make the headlines so often because reporting about all the good cops do would be boring for the media. The good stories far outweigh the bad ones though if only you could get the media to video and report on them.

Raist

My quote is very clear to anyone with an open mind. All are guilty of coverup that do not speak out against rogue cops. When did you last hear one cop speak out against another? Doesn't happen very often in a police state society such as we live in today. Sorry, still no raise.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Blast those cops saving lives and such.

Raist

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I have heard them speak out against each other. That is how many have gotten fired.

Raist

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by rcwj1975

Actually this is an ongoing recurring theme in that particular county. The cop gave a hand signal for planting evidence. They didn't just think that up on the fly. They practiced. They just happened to get caught on video this time doing it to someone with the sack to sue.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
To the guy saying the word cop haters, yeah, a cop hater is stupid, when I see people say " ohh man F the cops " its like, why would you hate people who would help you,

Now for me, I talk # about cops, but when i say things i say, i hate the corrupt cops, and there are a lot, I've been arrested 3 times in the same week once for no reason, won the cases..of course, pulled over by the same ones, bothered...

for... ? wish I knew

to the cops in here, I hope you guys know all of your laws, or before making arrest, confirming you are right, because they didnt with me..

also, would you ever give someone a ticket for no light on the license plate ? would you actually pull them over for that ?

do you know your sound laws ? would you pull someone over because the music is loud, how loud ? wish most cops would know the laws..i do.

but even winning it court because of some idiot cops, it still means I had to be arrested, pay $1000 to get out my car back..for being arrested while suspended, while I was..guess what.. NOT suspended

for music being loud..when it was not over the limit in my city

but oh... I guess... " You think i like your rap music ? "

This is where the hate comes from..when these things happen to someone, it changes thier way of thinking, as for me, I still have not let it effect my thinking on ALL cops, I will still be polite untill I feel the cop that just pulled me over, is one of those morons, and there are many.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by SoLaR513
Unfortunately I lived in that very town half my life. I actually know Carlos and the police in question. I have been on the wrong side with these cops once or twice. I'm probably going to be arrested for this but the whole legal system in that county is a hugely corrupt money racket. Virtually every single person I know who lives in that county has been sucked into the legal system and are still paying for it. I even tried to move away once and was dragged back in hand cuffs from a very old misdemeanor. It took me years just to pay off all the fines they slapped on me. It actually cost me $50 a day just to sit in jail. I sat in there two months waiting to go to court. Guess why I was there? Failure to pay fines. I guarantee there is at least 100 people in that jail for failure to pay fines.

This really depends on where you live in. It is messed up and unfair, when you get put on probation you have to pay your probation officer and it seems like they'll get you for anything they to keep you in debt to the court system. It is real and it is why so many are crying police state and it varies city to city, county to county, state to state. People need to speak out against overly aggressive police forces and I know of people who don't and won't file complaints out of fear of retaliation. Like I said it depends on where you live.

The average street cop is not looking to arrest anyone to feed the system. We need good police officers on the streets no doubt about it.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Speaking from direct experience, I know evidence is planted. I lost my dog back in the seventies when I was homeless because some cop had a girl I barely knew walk up and put a pipe in my pocket, saying "please hold this for me" and he walked up immediately behind her and pulled it out and arrested me for it. She took my dog (pedigreed Irish Setter) and sold him and split town. Thing was, I saw him give the pipe to her just seconds before all this went down. I told him it was an illegal bust and he replied, "yeah, but you'll still be in jail this weekend." We were both right: I spent the weeekend in jail and I was cut loose the following Monday with no charges.

While I was there I met a genuine drug dealer they brought in who was absolutely furious. Seems they charged him with smuggling two truckloads of pot, some few kilos of coc aine, and in possession of $20,000 in drug money. What pissed him off was that he had three truckloads of pot, twice as much coc aine, and over $50,0000 in cash. The cops were skimming the busts and keeping the drugs and money for their own drug dealing rings.

For the cop who claims never to have arrested an innocent person, I guess you are a superhuman who never ever makes a mistake. I don't buy it. You have a 100% correlation between arrests and convictions? Oh, yeah, those arrests not resulting in convictions are the result of the perp getting off on a technicality, right? Like technically being innocent, despite your beliefs? I also noticed you ignored answering whether you've not reported illegal behavior by your colleagues, or called them out publicly for lying or shading the truth. If you've never arrested a fellow cop for wrongdoing, then you are probably turning a blind eye to their crimes, and that makes you an accessory, a criminal yourself.

For those who claim the guy in the video pleaded guilty to drug possession, would you care to dig deeper and find out why, if indeed he did (nothing proven in that regard yet)? Most times folks who plead out do so under duress: either plead to what you aren't guilty of or face hugely larger charges: screwed if you do, more screwed if you don't.

I don't hate cops, but I hate what they get away with, and how whiny they all are.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Believe me the average street cop does an untold amount of good.

It is the ones on the "special task forces' that you have to watch out for. They need arrests to boost their ego and cause. Undercover drug ops are some of the shadiest people you will ever meet. Guess who gets payed more?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join