It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anger fuels water-fluoridation debate in Watsonville, Calif.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Anger fuels water-fluoridation debate in Watsonville, Calif.

www.latimes.com

The Santa Cruz County town, which officials say is experiencing a dental-decay epidemic, voted in 2002 to block fluoridation of the city's water. The City Council is moving closer to approval.

the council inched toward finally fluoridating the city's water -- a state-mandated action that has been bitterly debated since city residents narrowly voted to block it in 2002. At a council meeting in January, an anti-fluoridation activist held up a sign alluding to Nazis. When speakers threatened to
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   

"We should fight all the way to the end. People will have to drink fluoridated water, wash with it, cook with it, water their plants with it and wash their clothes in it. It's literally being forced down their throat."

This is a very interesting development and I think we should keep up to date on it.

From Plant City, Fla., to Marine City, Mich., to San Diego, Calif., city officials are contemplating whether to end the practice of fluoridating water. Those cities are weighing the costs, not only of purchasing the fluoride, but of maintaining storage tanks and equipment. Dubuque plans to upgrade its tank this year for $75,000.
www.thonline.com...

Despite 65 years of water fluoridation reaching 70% of Americans in public water supplies and virtually 100% via the food supply and despite 55 years of fluoridated toothpaste, tooth decay has increased in our most fluoridated population - toddlers - and UNtreated tooth decay has risen, according to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
Today sodium fluoride is purchased from China and something's wrong with it. Water engineers complain it's clogging up their systems.

www.opednews.com...

SAY WHAT??????????
The fluoride they put in our water is from China????

Over 2,700 professionals urge the US Congress to stop water fluoridation until Congressional hearings are conducted, citing scientific evidence that fluoridation, long promoted to fight tooth decay, is ineffective and has serious health risks
www.fluorideaction.org...

Also, eleven Environmental Protection Agency employee unions representing over 7,000 environmental and public health professionals called for a moratorium on drinking water fluoridation programs across the country, and have asked EPA management to recognize fluoride as posing a serious risk of causing cancer in people.
www.opednews.com...

For the last six decades the people of this area have been drinking water containing excess fluoride.

It has been causing them arthritis, loss of teeth, and many abdominal problems. Many people lose their lives too.
news.oneindia.in...

But then look at this:
Health Tip: Preventing Baby Bottle Tooth Decay

•Talk to your dentist about ways to give your child fluoride if it isn't in your local water supply.
www.usnews.com...

It's a war on Information!

But seriously, Fluoride that we put into our water and probably thoothpaste is from CHINA?

Is this common knowledge?
Did everyone already know about this?

www.latimes.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Don't worry about the fluoride we get from China. I am sure it has no OTHER poisons in it. You know China has the best interests of the US consumer in its heart. With all the safe dog food, children's toys and jewelry, drywall and other PERFECTLY safe items coming from our largest trade partner, we know they care for us. They do not JUST think about the bottom line. Everyone should not look at the MADE IN label when buying. Buying from China is good for the US.

If no one got it, the above IS SARCASM dripping with disdain.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by endisnighe

I'd blame China for Drywall but not for Fluoride
It's our Govt. forcing it down our throats not China
China is just supplying the toxin

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
The dark forces have been using this pesticide in our water supplies to keep us from awakening. It nearly shuts down the pineal gland, not to mention the other horrid things it does to our bodies.

I work in Watsonville, we've got a good filtration system here, but I still buy natural spring water to drink. There is so much agriculture here, the damn flouride is running through the veins of all the local produce that is not organic.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   
We really like the Martinelli Sparkling Cider, I can't blame them for threatening to move.

How can dumping waste tailings into the water be the answer? Not good.

S&F.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I think this is a topic which should be considered with diligence.

In order to understand the full implications behind fluoride in the water system I feel it is necessary to understand the roll of the Pineal Gland. Please educate yourself on this gland in terms of the scientific fact that is available to us right here, right now.

There is a recent thread on this site which people who find themselves interested in the Pineal Gland will find enjoyable. I’m not sure it would be polite on the OP for me to provide a link so I will leave to the readers to use their own skills to find said thread.

The pineal gland’s main function is the regulation and release of Melatonin and Serotonin in the body. Both of these chemicals/hormones/substances (whatever tag we wish to give them) are vital for human body’s correct function.

Back to Fluoride…

"It is estimated that over 300 million people in 39 countries worldwide including Australia, the USA, Spain and the UK drink artificially fluoridated water. 13 million of these live in Europe.

www.southcentral.nhs.uk...

Dr Jennifer Luke has researched the effects of Fluoride on the Pineal Gland,

It is now known - thanks to the meticulous research of Dr. Jennifer Luke from the University of Surrey in England - that the pineal gland is the primary target of fluoride accumulation within the body. The soft tissue of the adult pineal gland contains more fluoride than any other soft tissue in the body - a level of fluoride (~300 ppm) capable of inhibiting enzymes. The pineal gland also contains hard tissue (hyroxyapatite crystals), and this hard tissue accumulates more fluoride (up to 21,000 ppm) than any other hard tissue in the body (e.g. teeth and bone).

After finding that the pineal gland is a major target for fluoride accumulation in humans, Dr. Luke conducted animal experiments to determine if the accumulated fluoride could impact the functioning of the gland - particularly the gland's regulation of melatonin. Luke found that animals treated with fluoride had lower levels of circulating melatonin, as reflected by reduced levels of melatonin metabolites in the animals' urine. This reduced level of circulating melatonin was accompanied - as might be expected - by an earlier onset of puberty in the fluoride-treated female animals.

www.fluoridealert.org...

Interestingly enough, in what seems to be a quirky coincidence the hormone Melatonin can protect against the damage that excessive fluoride causes to brain cells.
naturalhealthnews.blogspot.com...

So just to run that past you again, Melatonin protects us from the effects of fluoride, yet fluoride aids the calcification of the pineal gland which is where melatonin is naturally produced. An added twist for extra flavour is the fact that we can buy synthetic melatonin which is produced by pharmaceutical companies. (Anyone smell a money spinner at the very least?)

Here are a few links regarding mainstream views on Fluoride in our water system.
www.dmoz.org...

In the UK, reports seem to suggest that we are somewhat behind in the race to pump our water systems full of Fluoride although it is becoming more common as the years tick on… I feel the minimum everybody here can do is to educate ourselves on the facts…
www.bfsweb.org...

Here is a link for UK readers or anyone with interest, to a site called UK against fluoride where you can find more details on the subject matter.
ukagainstfluoride.blogspot.com...

And yes, before someone tells me, I do know that Fluoride occurs naturally in water but the key word here is “naturally”.

Peace.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Floride is good for you.. Just ask this guy here..

And more info on it from Loam you can check here.

Fluoridation: A conspiracy so old, we think it's normal

new topics

top topics

join