It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepare for the End of America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
You guys are still arguing about an advertisement.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

I really believe in this.

I don't enable the banks because I paid off all my debt and do not borrow money. I do not enable the corrupt political system or special interests because I never give money. I do not enable the credit card companies because I pay only in cash for what I can afford. I buy as much of my groceries as I can from local farmers and non-chain stores. I don't have all the nice stuff that my neighbors have. There are a lot of things that I want but can't get because I won't borrow money. I do not work for a big corporation. I live in a small town and buy what I need and produce what I can. All the other stuff like cars, tools, and the like I buy from individuals who are selling their stuff. No financing, just cash.

My life and my ways are far from perfect. My way is probably not for most of my countrymen. But I am doing what I can to be self-sufficient and to not enable the systems that are breaking my country.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by impressme

Prepare for the End of America

www.nationalexpositor.com

Mainstream financial news source MarketWatch is telling Americans to prepare for the worst, the end of America. In their article, "How to invest for a global-debt-bomb explosion," not only do they talk about the coming total economic collapse but they admit that there is a cabal of elite who are orchestrating it. Author of the article, Paul Farrell, extends the view as if it is widely accepted, that there is a "Happy Conspiracy" of global elitists who are operating behind the scenes to create a coming major economic disaster. The article encourages people to prepare by stockpiling necessi
(visit the link for the full news article)

Is the end to greed an end to America?

Is the foundation of America reliant on greed and capitalism and expansionism?

I am all for teh end of greed and capitalist expansionism and I am also for an end to the military industrial complex and the oil addicted american civilization.

the sooner that ends, the better.

so, hooray! Can't wait for the end! It's about time, who thought that was sustainable anyway?

It's unfortunate that there will be blood because the greedy can't let go of their hate and ill will.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   
wouldnt it make sense to remove the few at the top and replace them?

if they are orchestrating the demise of the economy which will affect us all why not just go in there and take them out of post , restore the economy and get on with things.

Common sense really...

anyway maybe its time this system dies and we start relying on each other by being responsible for each other and not just ourselves...

Money is what we have invested our faith in, to secure us and to provide for us, yet it is us who really make the difference...

if you take money out of the equation it does not remove the thing that really matters, us.

We can still do what we do without money we just have to empower ourselves to know this and to act when the time comes.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by seethelight
You guys are still arguing about an advertisement.

i think the argument lies at the spirit of the advertisement and the possibility that it suggests....

just a hunch

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I can't believe some people on here think everything is fine an dandy and nothing is going to happen. Haven't you seen the state of the economy? the unemployment rates, the printing of phantom money and huge bailouts? It doesn't take a genius to figure out that America is headed for another great depression. But the thing is it will be much worse than the last because the are far more urbanised people than there was then and most people don't know how to survive off the land anyway. I know doom and gloom is being predicted all the time and nothing happens but this really is completely different. Whether this article is just an advert or not makes no difference. Look all around you and you will see the iceberg is straight ahead but this time no ones listening. I suppose it's like the boy who cried wolf.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Relax. These doom prophecies always appear in a recession.

My definition of work: An action performed which results in a product that is valuable and desirable for others.

So being a good mom for your children is work. Emptying the garbage cans is work. Organizing and leading a company intelligently so that the employees can produce is work.

But sitting on the beach and collecting rent from people living in your buildings is not work. Collecting interest on money that you have lent to somebody is not work. Granted, there may be some usefulness in these activities when done in a good spirit. But I think you get the point.

I have come to suspect that there is actually not enough cash money in the hands of the working people. So maybe it was the right thing to do when governments started to print money in this crisis. Read up on how too small a money supply can get an economy in trouble: Capitol Hill Baby-Sitting Co-op

My theory: With the advent of a bit more freedom and less suppression in countries like Russia, China, India and Brazil, much more people can now actively participate in the world economy. They have jobs, they want cars, houses, etc. Excellent. But the money supply has not expanded correspondingly. So the world economy resorted to creating money artificially: Absurd prices for real estate, bubbles in the stock exchange, tricky financial constructs, etc.
My theory actually is supported by this thread on ATS: Struggling towns printing their own cash. These towns are doing exactly the right thing. Increase the money supply and make it accessible for the working people.

Where the governments may err is that they insist on granting cheap loans only to banks. This is an unhealthy monopoly. Every private individual should have access to the cheap money.

So in my opinion the situation is not as bad as it may seem. But of course there are serious problems and you should fight for better solutions in these areas instead of moving to the woods:

1 Abolition of income tax. Income tax punishes the people who contribute to the survival of all and it rewards the lazy, criminal and corrupt ones.
2 Abolition of all laws that make it difficult for the individual to start and run a small business. These unethical big corporations can only behave the way they do because true competition is prevented.
3 Take a stand against all types of mind altering drugs, including those loaded off on the population by the pharmaceutical industry under the guise of medication. Drugs are at the root of the explosion of criminality and they destroy individuals.
4 Back to nature regarding nutrition. What some companies in the food industry do borders on genocide. But you have a choice.
5 Stand up for good public education. A good command of language (save the jokes, English is not my mother tongue), mathematics and natural sciences can be expected. Teachers, engineers and scientists deserve more respect and better salaries.
6 Stop voting for politicians who advocate violence as a solution. History has taught us that violence never brings long-term solutions. Some people on ATS seem to dislike president Obama, but I tell you something: As an European I was shocked when Americans elected Bush for a second period. Obama may not be perfect, but he definitely is an improvement. And that is what counts.

It may be easier to count the days to the end of the world than to get up from behind the TV and take responsibility for improving the country in which you live. But hey, that is exactly what I recommend!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by impressme

This reads just like the ominous warning by a 'security expert' that America could face attacks against soft targets (he named BUSES) within the next 90 days. See: www.foxnews.com...]this article Of course we'd be led to believe in the aftermath that it had to do with our recent capture of a taliban leader which is now all over CNN.

I'm just looking at it and wondering what TBTB have up their sleeve at this time?!...could it be martial law? soldiers in OUR streets?

I tell you there's no shame to this bunch creating all this fear so we accept what they're doing!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

The only way to make money is to earn it.

Unless of course you work for the fed

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

That signature rocks. Very nice.

Lets take a look at it again.

"If you love wealth more than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, depart from us in peace. We ask not your counsel nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you. May your chains rest lightly upon you and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen." [Samuel Adams]

That pretty much says it all.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Hi everyone,

Newly joined here and first post as well.

I am a U.S. citizen in the midwest and wanted to let all those on here saying that America has lost its way is this:

Many people in America are lost, just like many people in every country are lost. However, there are millions of us who still know what is right and wrong and who believe in ethics and morals. We stand up for one another and break our backs to help family, friend, or stranger. And we will do it for other Americans, Germans, French, Brazilian, etc. That is what America is about. Yes, there are corrupt individuals and corporations here, just like everywhere else. And maybe some of them want to see the U.S. fall. Not because the U.S. is a "Bad" country, but because we are a strong country. We have our faults; we are not perfect. And for the negative things that have occured overseas in the name of 'America', they were done by individuals waiving that particular flag. They were not true Americans.

We have done a lot of good around the world and many of us will continue to do that, just like the decent people of every other country. This is a great country with many faults. But most countries are great countries with many faults. I hold no ill will toward others and will die for those I love. Even if everything goes to s### over the next few years, there will be people here who will bust their ass to fix things and die trying to save what is good.

Anyways, just felt that needed to be said. Flame on!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Text

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by MMPI2

LOL you took one extreme argument, then combated it with an equally extreme, pointless, thoughtless argument of your own.

People hated America long before anyone knew who Obama was.

Get a talking point of your own or go set down.

--------------------------------------------------
You are so goofed up on so many levels I don't know where to begin...

Re: my "extreme" argument - I know the facts can hurt fascists like you, but the truth will eventually set you free. These facts (and yes they are facts) are undeniable...democratic / leftist /progressive policies have put us economically and socially where we are now. You whining about them won't change them, so go read a book, think critically for once and learn something.

Re: the worlds "hate" for America - If this is the case, why does the USA have the largest migrancy of any nation in the world? Why do people die trying to get here every year? The U. S. is THE paragon for freedom and prosperity all over the world...is this why you hate us?

Re: me going to "set down" because you disagree with my points - well, for fascists like you, I guess that would be a fine position to take, but for us Americans, freedom of expression is why we love America.

End of the debate. You lose.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   
This is simply a reprint from the WSJ. A thread (featuring more intelligent discussion) can be found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I'm fairly confident that the US will still be riding high a hundred years from now.

But I'm absolutely CERTAIN that someone will still be saying it's all about to come crashing down.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Thanks for the link, it is better. Oh, BTW you are smokin hot.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
And coming from a guy named “butcherguy”. Lol Kinda creepy!

At what point in our history did we go from being people who knew that preparation and planning was necessary for survival to who we are today? Most people here in the U.S. couldn’t survive without McDonalds. To say that nothing will happen and then not prepare for the likelihood of an emergency event is irresponsible. To ignore the current global financial situation by casting it off as doom and gloom is foolish and could cost you your life. Your grandparents where prepared and so was every one else before them or they died.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Food
Shelter
Clothing
Medical Care

It comes to this: can you competently create or provide a NECESSARY good or service? If so, don't worry. You will be fine. As long as you can grow food or make furniture or build shelter or provide medical care, then you will have something to offer to those who can do the things that you can not.

All of this wankery about the fall of the American empire is predicated on the nonsensical delusion that Wall Street = America. The notion that the artificially fattened bottom line of corporate entities that have been cutting costs by the outsourcing of labor is some legitimate barometer of economic health is, at best, moronic and at worst delusional.

Of course these Wall Street troglodytes are scared, they have nothing of Value to contribute to a world without abstract faux-money manipulation.

We might just have to let it collapse. Let us get so FUBAR'd that the cost of importing goods from outside the US is beyond our means. Let us begin producing things domestically, and let new companies, networks and infrastructure rise in the hands of American workers and visionaries.

Let us also hope that we can learn from the mistakes of this rancid era and ban all of the deceitful practices that have turned money from a means of exchange, a representation of real capital, into imaginary poker chips in a corrupt worldwide game.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by liveandletlive
And coming from a guy named “butcherguy”. Lol Kinda creepy!

At what point in our history did we go from being people who knew that preparation and planning was necessary for survival to who we are today? Most people here in the U.S. couldn’t survive without McDonalds. To say that nothing will happen and then not prepare for the likelihood of an emergency event is irresponsible. To ignore the current global financial situation by casting it off as doom and gloom is foolish and could cost you your life. Your grandparents where prepared and so was every one else before them or they died.
Very good. Fifty years ago, people didn't rely on much other than their families. We rely more and more on the government. If Hurricane Katrina had happened eighty years ago, the survivors would have pulled themselves up by their bootstraps and got things going again, and been stronger for it in the end. Oh yeah, I'm mostly only creepy after the sun goes down. No full moon needed!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I guess some people forgot what our country is all about. The world is in financial debt,so lets all throw our hands up and quit,right? New American motto "Only you can prevent the destruction of your country" Kinda like Smokey the bear.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Well here is another one..

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join