It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepare for the End of America

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

The united states still has a strong workforce ready to start working
anytime.You do need money in order to feed yourself and your family.
The only way to make money is to earn it.Those corporate whores,
who sold this country out for profits,won't allow americans to work anymore.They insist on foreign workers to fill job vacancies,foreign
companies to do work here.
I am wondering, just how much more will the american worker take,
before they decide to do something about it?

Ha, tell that to everyone shopping at Wal-mart. Tell that to every American purchasing foreign made clothing.

They're/We're killing ourselves. We lose our jobs, we spend our money on foreign made goods, then we wonder "why us?"

An American worker will 'take' as much as is put on them these days- it's the American unemployed (and under-reported) who are really hurting. Oy, and I see all these morons across the net stating that unemployed persons get welfare and food assistance. haha I wish.

No, we're screwed. I just hope a collapse comes quickly so order can be restored in this country. I hope that people realize that they/we did this to ourselves. Shopping at Wal-mart's, buying foreign goods, supporting companies that outsource jobs to save a few bucks.

One person isn't going to make much of any difference, and even a group of like-minded folks would seem like loons still at this point. There is no hope. It's a slow, slow painful death.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by chuckk

If the Federal 'Reserve' is ever audited, there should be a few Trillions laying around as 'ill-gotten' gains. All kinds of 'collateral' damage from what "I" See but you know what they say about perpective. Everyone's got one, just not One.

Tic-toc, your accounts are 'locked'.
Or not.

There's a dual solution for every problem.
One is the Right One, one is the wrong one.
We have 'this' choice.
It is time to choose.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
This song has been on repeat for quite some time could somebody either change the song or turn the radio off? Come on seriously nothing is going to happen. if it was going to happen it would have happened by now. go back to consuming your lives are safe.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TiM3LoRd

not knowing that we don’t know is tragic. – W. Erhart.

The 'tragic' logic applies to All.
Past, present and future.
Money can't buy you happiness.

.....though it can 'buy' you time.
It can't buy a Soul Of solace.
Can't can't Do anything.

Can?
~Priceless~

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks
...i've heard basically the same hooey for nearly 60 years and we're still here... things arent perfect, not even close, but thats the way its always been... this paranoia thang isnt helping anyone except the elite...

Go back 600 years or 6000 years and you'll see the last 60 years are very much a rosy exception to a generally brutal and savage existence that has defined human life.

Ever heard the term "regression to the mean?" We are far above the mean trendline for human luxury and comfort, and we have only just experienced the tiniest taste of what is to come as we regress to our more natural historic state of unpleasantness and brutality.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Ya well America won't come to an end as long as there are Blacksmiths,by Thor!
Remember our roots?A town could exist without a church but no town was without a Smithy.Or two or more.

I don't hear so much of the razz about ''horse and buggy'' these days with all the talk about peak oil and high gas prices.Have you seen some of the new service bikes?Damn cool.

See it ya want one.That's the key,as Gerald Celente sez making the highest quality items will get you through tough times in good form.

More basic than firearms,even.

2nd sez"Arms"could be most anything,fireplace poker is customary,but ya must have the WILL to act.Including Guns and Rifles and fresh ammo and Hoppe's*9.

But,I must say,as practicioner of the oldest craft,tool maker in part,I am a progressive in that I am always trying to improve form and function,weight savings,ergometrics,cost management etc.And as a modern,outside of the box kinda good old boy,I have no problem sharing ideas and wealth.I find this is the way to do it.Ya people do end up not paying their bill if ya extend credit,but by and large,if I cut off one person a year it all works out as there are generous ones too.Community shun works pretty well,if I'm mad at someone I don't hide it,ya get a lot of friends fixing and sharpening treasured items.I got a looooong view as I study my Art in all aspects,from torture,which was a sub stratum of Smiths as they made their own devices and manacles and chain,to gold rush stuff,firearms,tools,knives,cooking gizmos,clothing,vehicles,bikes,false flag inside jobs,anything having to do with steel.

America is in some trouble,mostly because most people hare can't sharpen worth a damn.Instead of being afraid of sharp knives we ought to ensure everybody of sound mind knows the critical thinking skill brought about through maintaining a good edge.Not that there be a polished Katana in every den,knowledge is the gist.Share it.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I hear the word greed a lot on this forum. Can we get over it?

Greedy stockholders, are you kidding. Stocks don't pay didvidends anymore. Sure investors want to make money, that is what investing is all about. I don't see stocks doing so well.

Yes there are some companies making huge profits, so what? In a free market you can do that. That's what freedom is all about.

A lot you blame corporate greed on jobs going to China. Well companies go there to stay alive. Why not blame cheap labor. The Chinese look at their population and figure a lot of people would be better off with a job and don't interfere in wage rates. That's where all the investment goes because people want to make money and want to make money to survive and perhaps live in a good lifestyle. China has more of a free market that the US has had in along time.

And the world would not be a better place without the USA.

If people could make money in the US the money would be flowing in here creating jobs, but the big governmennt looters make it unattractive for investment.

For every industry in the US a foreign competitor is out there that did it cheaper. That's the way things are.

Instead of reading about inventiveness and new ways to solve problems I just hear a lot of parrots saying the same negative thing over and over again.

I run into people who had a governnment job, put in their time and got a full pension. They then look for another government job to get another pension. Meanwhile people in thge private sector scrape by. It seems like greed too doesn't it. Pensions are out of control eating up budgets. It would seem the looters are more interested in their pensions than helping the poor.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Got news for you, first it was the manufacturing jobs and now it's the "white collar" jobs.

Can you say "Vanakkam".

David Sirota wrote a really good book, "Hostile Takeover" that explains how deeply and madly in love our big corporations and politicians are with each other.

America and I predict soon our entire planet will be owned by the large corporations and all of us will be monitored and evaluated based on our "productivity". The cattle truck (and we are the cattle) is almost at the abattoir but the average person just doesn't want to wake up. It's been coming for a long time.

First it was just the manufacturing jobs and most people continued to shop Walmart who supporting slave labor in China.

Now it's the white collar jobs, my company is quietly outsoucing to India, but my managers still believe that "there will be core group of us left" (yeah right and there is a Santa Claus).

I've said in many of my posts that what affects one of us affects all of us and I stand by that statement as well as my signature and location.

If you "don't care, doesn't affect me - wait a few years. People with power don't just stop screwing, they keep going and you will be next.

First they came for the communists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a communist;

Then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak out—because I was not a trade unionist;

Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—because I was not a Jew;

Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak out for me.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by A52FWY

Link to my post and people's replies say it all. I don't care, I don't have a problem with the Senate and Congress getting a better retirement package than you the average working smuck they are suppose to be working for.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We the people have allowed Washington DC to be owned and operated for and by the large corporations.

99.9% of all our politicans (Democrat & Republican) are crooks, but the average person doesn't care.

A revolution.
the average American is so apathetic and mind "conditioned" they couldn't revolt if their life depended on it and it does.

You have a few wackos with their guns, amo and supplies but now you are talking going up against a soon to be world army with advance military technology.

The only thing that might work is if everyone that was getting a poop deal would stop being good little "producers" going to work and "good little consumers" and marched hand in hand to Washington and demanded a end to this madness.

But that would require everyone not just a few and it would require refusing to "produce" until things changed.

But that won't happen and so living standards for the average person living in America, Canada, Britian and Australia will continue to decline.

Folks, you haven't seen anything yet.

Wait until you are charged 50% of your yearly salary for a bottle of water. Don't think it's possible?

Go here, www.abovetopsecret.com...

It's already happening to some folks.

Don't care, don't think this will happen to us?

These same people that said this a decade ago are now the very ones with no job, no health care and no home.

This will eventually affect ALL OF US unless we band together as one and demand a fair deal from our governments.

And yes, all the industrialized nations governments have sold their people out, not just America.

There are two kinds of people in this world, service to self and service to others.

The service to self are short sighted, they don't see that eventually they too will be screwed. There is only a handful of the real ruling elite and they are IMO designated by bloodline.

Now read my ATS name.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by seethelight

Originally posted by impressme

Prepare for the End of America

www.nationalexpositor.com

Mainstream financial news source MarketWatch is telling Americans to prepare for the worst, the end of America. In their article, "How to invest for a global-debt-bomb explosion," not only do they talk about the coming total economic collapse but they admit that there is a cabal of elite who are orchestrating it. Author of the article, Paul Farrell, extends the view as if it is widely accepted, that there is a "Happy Conspiracy" of global elitists who are operating behind the scenes to create a coming major economic disaster. The article encourages people to prepare by stockpiling necessi
(visit the link for the full news article)

This is just an ad people.

If you signup for any stocks website you'll get # like this in your inbox once a day.

I have been signed up to ADVFN (and a few others) for the last 6 years. I get this stuff constantly. So far none of it's come true.

It's their way of selling.

It's NOT NEWS.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by seethelight]

Please pay attention people.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by impressme

Well I have been saying this for years now considering what the Bush administration did with their foreign policies and congress passing laws to allow the banking corporations to give lone out to anyone regardless of their past credit histories.

[edit on 15-2-2010 by impressme]

It's odd how Bush typically gets the blame for this kind of stuff when actually it began with and was perpetuated by Democratic Presidential administrations and hard democrat leftist/statist congressmen.

The community reinvestment act was Jimmy Carter's brainchild, Bill Clinton fueled it further, and Barney Frank and other democratic statists within the congress pushed it on through into daily practice. Even now with the 2008 blow-up, you still have democrat apologists supporting and arguing for a continuation of the Fannie/Freddie scams.

Regardless, articles and reports like this are a cold dash of water in the face of naysayers who ridiculed "conspiracy theorists" for so long.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:25 AM
link   
So, even thought this article was proven to be a selling advertisement...

Ok I read all these posts, here's the summary:

1. We are doing it to ourselves.
2. Greed rules the world.
3. Eventually something has got to give.
4. Americans are "fed-up".

Did, I miss anything? Same story, different timeline?
Quit worrying about it and learn what to do if there ever was a collapse.
Then take what you learned and set it aside.
Then get back to living your life to the fullest!
Go out and enjoy what has been given to you...
Enjoy the things we take for granted everyday!

Sheesh, come on ATS'ers! We are better than this!
Who cares if SHTF?
You will eventually run out of stockpiled goods, so learn how to survive without them!

Man, [facepalm] I thought we were past this phase and on to the next.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by impressme

Of all places that i would expect to find reasonable arguments, i still find myself laughing at the amount of garbage i find people posting on this site some times.

Whats worse is the number of stars people give it.

I guess it just goes to prove that simply calling yourself a "truth seeker" or "reasonable thinker" doesn't actually make it true.

The #1 applauded topic, i believe, on these forums is any topic that calls the USA the great devil that will fall.

But, simple minded people always hate the ones on top.

In a world where denouncing your government is "Cool" and the "rebellious" thing to do - there are always some who will take it too far by making crap up to try and stick out among the rest.

Here's an idea - if you don't like the US of A, get the H-E-Double Hockey sticks out.

We don't want you if you don't want to be here.

Go stay in your "sophisticated" third world countries. And don't come crying back to us when you catch something, like a bullet to the head from that country's military occupation

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:49 AM
link   

There was at least one other similar story in the mainstream over the past week, I am beginning to wonder whether this is some hedge-fund investor or commodities trader PR dept. in overdrive. Anyone else suspicious?

I know there are some very real challenges:

Wars
Reprise waves of mortgage default problems (commercial/mid-term fixed)
EU member crises
etc..

But right now, it seems just a little premature, we'll all know WTSHTF, and it will be things like adaptability, knowledge, creativity, determination and luck that will be the most vital requirements for survival IMO.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by mamabeth
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

The united states still has a strong workforce ready to start working
anytime.You do need money in order to feed yourself and your family.
I want to shoot this statement down, but only in an effort to help you. If your family has no money at some point in the future, please don't starve to death for the lack of it. Look at some survival sites, you should not starve for lack of money! GLITF!

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   

You are absolutely correct impressme, the signs are undeniable and almost right under our noses. There is no denying it, and people who mainly live in arrogance/ignorance are those who dont contribute to the greatness of this wonderful nation.

There comes a time in a persons life where one must question the rules and laws made out before them, and a time where one must question why theyre there and why they oppress us. Not to mention the true intentions that of TPTB.

Truth is having trouble coming forth, espcially in 'American Politics.'

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

Good point. Don't go to Walmart or Lowes to pick up items for home repair. Go to your local hardware store first. Usually they well have it, and if they don't you've killed a few minutes.
In my hometown, we have one hardware store left. When I walk in I'm greeted with a smile, a true willingness to be of help, and only rarely do they have to send me to Lowes.
When it's time to plant my garden, I by my plants and seeds from them.
Instead of the money going to some corporate headquarters, it stays in my hometown, circulating and helping the local economy.
For those of you who bemoan the "death of mainstreet," and go to wally world to save a couple of bucks, keep this in mind. Walmart, and increasingly Lowes, have their merchandise made especially for them, so while you are purchasing a "name brand" the quality will not be as good as what you would get from your local dealer. Most people don't know that Walmart locks companies into a contract, so when the manufacturer's cost goes up, they have to sell to Walmart at the same price, thus losing money. So basically, some manufacturers have what I call a "Walmart division, to produce lower quality products.
Remember, you get what you pay for. If you pay for crap, you get crap.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
As i have felt from the start of this economic madness it will hopefully help both the youth and the populace in general in America (and the rest of the Western world really) to appreciate what they have, and to appreciate things in their life that do not revolve around money and material goods! many may think their world will end, but hopefully this situation will wake them up a bit as far as what matters and what really doesnt!! As for the thought of America ending - though its been a scare mongering tactic now for some time, saying it will fall.. as a born American i say good riddence if it were to take place! but as previously mentioned here, lack of money does not mean the end of american life as everyone knows it.. if anything, i hope to hell it helps them.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

Originally posted by centurion1211

Do you have a pathological need to always feel sorry for "the other guy"?

No need.

You just can't seem to grasp that a lot of the Global Problems have been

caused by the Cesspool that is the USA.

----------------------------------

Thanks for that exhaustive, objective and unbiased analysis of geopolitical issues. Now get back to work in your U. S. State Department job being a toady for the Obama administration.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by MMPI2

LOL you took one extreme argument, then combated it with an equally extreme, pointless, thoughtless argument of your own.

People hated America long before anyone knew who Obama was.

Get a talking point of your own or go set down.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join