It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prepare for the End of America

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Life in America as we have known it has already disappeared and just what it is going to become is still evolving and changing.

Ultimately we have two choices for us, we the people to reinvent ourselves and to seize control of our own destiny back from the corporate elites or to keep sitting fearfully around and wait for the corporate elites to dictate to us what life is going to be like moving forward and provide it to us.

It is the corporations who are trying to sell us on the idea of the death of America but the truth is we made the corporations by doing business with them, working for them, and empowering them through those things.

It’s unbelievably simple to break them, just stop doing business with them, working for them, and starve them right out of existence and power.

The truth is that most of us are already being forced by the corporations to make sacrifices, hard decisions and to tighten our belts.

We have a choice in that we are going to be making sacrifices and suffering some hardships and deprivations and indignities no matter how we move forward.

We can either make only those sacrifices and suffer only those hardships and deprivations and indignities that serve the corporations and further empower and enrich them and allow them to expand and consolidate their control and power…or…we can make what ever voluntary sacrifices it takes, and suffer what ever deprivations it takes and undergo what ever hardships it takes to starve them out of business and bring them and the government back under our control.

Monopolizing the resources of the world does not become an asset but a liability when you have lost your market for them.

Hording the resources of the world does you no good, if people are not willing to pay any price and in fact will pay nothing for them because they have rejected them and you.

To tell you the truth in just how insane it all is and how self defeating most Americans are in their own personal actions how many of you have survival kits stocked with items bought from the same corporations that have contrived to destroy the fabric of American life?

America can resume being an even better America when the people decide to start acting like Americans again.

Real Americans have their own opinions, speak their own minds, aren’t afraid of a fight, or to suffer hardship and sacrifice or risk their lives and liberty in pursuit of their ideals.

Know anyone like that? It’s not just the corporations that are responsible for the demise of America its people to lazy, self centered, complacent and inattentive to act and behave like Americans are supposed to.

If you are falling off a cliff you might as well learn how to fly, and right now by the way would be as good a time as any.

Your quality of life goes up and becomes effective just as soon as you become effective.

We are in fact being given the perfect opportunity to retake control of our own destinies and reinvent America for the people. It really won’t be the corporations or the government’s fault if we don’t do that, it really will be ours.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

We don't need to reinvent anything . We need to get back to the core beliefs the founding fathers laid out for us. I have to wonder what exactly is meant be reinvent? I get the feeling the progressives will try and make it sound like such a good thing and it is the only way to survive. When in fact it is the final nail in our freedom coffin.

We need to get back to what the founders wanted a republic ruled by law and if a company gets to big and others can not compete we actually use the laws we have.

Cause a problem find a solution for the problem fix the problem this is the progressive way. See it for what it is and watch out for anyone who says we need to reinvent America.

[edit on 15-2-2010 by Subjective Truth]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

I want people to take a moment and reflect on this. in the 70s, my rather moderate parents had a house built with a bomb shelter and vault because they were fairly certain any day now America was going to fall.

That is somewhat of a mis-characterization of the shelters people built.

I also lived in that time and they were built out of fear of a soviet nuclear attack. Because the Soviets had threatened the U.S. somewhat like iran currently does to Israel . Remember Soviet premier Krushchev saying, "We will bury you!"?

That was the fear that hung over our heads during the cold war and what led to people building the shelters you described, and not fear of the type of economic or federal government collapse being discussed in this thread.

[edit on 2/15/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

That was the fear that hung over our heads during the cold war and what led to people building the shelters you described.

Just to be fair.

The Russian people lived in fear as well.

Bomb Shelters were common there too.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

You forgot to mention the greed of the unions, they've done alot to damage industries, automotive being a large one.

You are right I sure did forget, about the Unions and it is funny, because I talk about how the unions raped the car industries in using the labor laws to make the car manufactures to pay outrages hourly wages for doing little to nothing. Perhaps, that is what helped pushed the car manufacturing to move overseas.
But, that is a prime example of greed at it’s best.

The Unions could have worked, if the Union bosses were not so greedy and corrupt.

However, this is what has happened to this great country, it has become so corrupt that I see most Americans are finding it acceptable everywhere.
All I keep hearing is these corporations are too big to fight they are getting as big as big government and the fact is, our government is in bed with these big corporations. So how do you fight the corruption when all levels in our government and corporations are totally corrupt?

Look at congress; look at what congress did by allowing the healthcare lobbyists take over the Healthcare bill they forced congress to write and re-write the healthcare bill until they finally got public option off the table then they got it where they don’t have to cover preexisting condition by shoving more campaign funds in their deep pockets.

Congress is bought and paid for by corporate interest not just in our country but from country around the world.
So much for having a government for the people, by the people, those days are long gone.
Corruption is here to stay, and with no accountability, we can expect nothing more than a systematic looting of the American people in every conceivable way.

Once these greedy globalists have rob this nation, they will move on to the next country perhaps China, until they can cause a world economic melt down, then they will introduces their “one world government” so they can controlled all the worlds wealth.

I see their agenda and so far, it is working well. The question should be, is America awake enough to stop them?

[edit on 15-2-2010 by impressme]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Subjective Truth

In all reality the nation as our forefathers wished to see it was already on the wane by the 1820’s as the last of them were dying out. It totally ceased to exist in 1861 when the last legally elected and seated congress disbanded.

America has been a military/corporate dictatorship ever since and lost its sovereignty entirely in the Federal Reserve Act of 1911 and lost any hope of regaining that sovereignty in the nations bankruptcy in the 1930s.

Beware the person speaking platitudes with a text book fairy tale version of the nation’s history.

The reality is there is no going back in life, and there is certainly no going back to a point and a stage that never really existed except as myth and fairy tales in textbooks aimed at brainwashing successive generations of Americans with false dogmas and false pride and false hope.

People like nations have two choices, evolve and learn from life’s lessons through honest introspection, or to stagnate and to devolve and regress through the stubborn and insistent application of failed and unworkable ideas, no two points in time or circumstances will ever be identical.

The truth is you can’t readopt the original constitution without enslaving the black population and stripping women of the right to vote.

So naturally you are going to have to pick and choose elements that will be accepted, and that my friend is called reinventing, and the fact is the nation has been evolving and reinventing itself in various ways from its inception, that’s what the amendments to the constitution are all about.

Ideologues are in fact always stymied by logisticians because the reality is that a handful of private and corporate interests do in fact maintain a stranglehold on vital resources and infrastructure that has enabled them a dictatorial position that will defeat and stop cold any ideologue in their tracks, words and ideals won’t put gas in your car, fire up the local power grid, or groceries on store shelves. Logistics do that, and when ideologues fail to take into consideration logistics which they almost always do as ideals are their forte and not logistics what you have are then essentially obstructionists dealing in abstracts and platitudes with generally unworkable ideas.

But I tell you what friend, you convince every black American to reenter bondage, and every woman to give up their vote and equal rights first and I will sign off on it!

[edit on 15/2/10 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

That was the fear that hung over our heads during the cold war and what led to people building the shelters you described.

Just to be fair.

The Russian people lived in fear as well.

Bomb Shelters were common there too.

Do you have a pathological need to always feel sorry for "the other guy"?

Do you think war and diplomacy are governed by the marquis of queensbury rules?

For the record, no American president said anything like that to the soviets. And the soviet press was controlled by the state (like ours is now except for Fox), so the average soviet citizen was also told that they were going to crush the evil capitalists. They just never realized that it wouldn't be soviet bombs and tanks that would do it. Instead it has been accomplished by electing "manchurian candidates" - like obama, pelosi and reid.

[edit on 2/15/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

No need.

You just can't seem to grasp that a lot of the Global Problems have been

caused by the Cesspool that is the USA.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
When America and Soviet Russia were battling during the Cold War with arms races and space exploration, the conflict centered around raw power ("realpolitik"). The nation with the biggest nukes, best astronauts and most influential political power was going to win out. America won the battle and stepped up as a Western super power, eventually establishing what some refer to as Pax Americana today (they're only partly right; America isn't outright controlling other nations like the Roman Empire did).

Now the cards have slightly changed. The most dominant powers on the planet today increasingly don't just strive to build up military, economic and political mojo. They dominate through the will to use that mojo and force itself anally on any weaker enemy coming its way. Think of North Korea. A tiny, impoverished remnant of Communism, not even able to feed its own people. Yet it defies the international community by firing off a series of missiles, allegedly for "testing purposes." If one of those missiles hit America, we don't know. All we know is that Kim Jong's got the balls to suggest he might.

The foreign threats to the Western civilization today are pretty lame in terms of raw power. Neither Iran, North Korea, Afghanistan, Iraq, India, Pakistan, Russia nor other unstable nations who are constantly in conflict, either with themselves or perceived enemies, stand little to no chance against a military West. Yet a handful of people can orchestrate an attack against WTC in America and set off bombs in Europe. How come? Because on the inside, we are weak

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

No need.

You just can't seem to grasp that a lot of the Global Problems have been

caused by the Cesspool that is the USA.

And what shining example for all of the earth's citizens do you reside in?

This will be good ...

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I don't think it is fair to only hold the wealthy accountable. We are all responsible. What do we think is going to happen when we are irresponsible with our money and spend more than we have? We all brought this upon ourselves. It takes two people to make a deal. One person to sell the no money down mortgage, another to buy it. One person to extend $30,000 high interest rate student loans, another to sign the papers. This goes for car loans, credit cards, etc. We spent more than we had, and now America is going to have to collectively suffer to pay back its debt. I think it's a good thing. We need to get back to our roots! Farming, small local communities, less technology, more art, more music, more real connection with each other.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by impressme

The world will someday learn from america's mistakes and no longer have a need for greed for when we are consumed by greed the need to help others no longer exists and that will be the downfall of society.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I think the US will fall and rise again.. most nations tend to do that.. the problem is that the US has not experienced it yet..

Look at England/Britian (or you favourite country if you dislike Britian).. Near bankrupt many times.. Elizabethan England was verging on bankrupcy and yet we look back at that as a golden age.. ok so we turned into pirates, but you know, we got through, just as the US will..

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by impressme

Prepare for the End of America

www.nationalexpositor.com

Mainstream financial news source MarketWatch is telling Americans to prepare for the worst, the end of America. In their article, "How to invest for a global-debt-bomb explosion," not only do they talk about the coming total economic collapse but they admit that there is a cabal of elite who are orchestrating it. Author of the article, Paul Farrell, extends the view as if it is widely accepted, that there is a "Happy Conspiracy" of global elitists who are operating behind the scenes to create a coming major economic disaster. The article encourages people to prepare by stockpiling necessi
(visit the link for the full news article)

This is just an ad people.

If you signup for any stocks website you'll get # like this in your inbox once a day.

I have been signed up to ADVFN (and a few others) for the last 6 years. I get this stuff constantly. So far none of it's come true.

It's their way of selling.

It's NOT NEWS.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by seethelight]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I wonder...

I wonder if the Romans thought their empire was in trouble in the weeks and months before it fell?

I wonder if any empire ever really understands or comprehends just how fragile, tenuous and ephemeral their grasp on "power" actually is??

I wonder if the people who have been responsible, throughout recorded history, for introducing pandemic misery are alert to the fact that this time is unlike all the rest; while it may be in it's proverbial infancy, the internet is making it harder and harder to pull the wool over all the peoples' eyes, all of the time. Those days are, by and large, a thing of the past.

I wonder if, given the lack of recent history in the West, people even understand just how much power they have to control their own destinies? America seems to be #1 exporter of "colour" revolutions around the globe (a la Serbia or Georgia or the Ukraine), but they seem to be oblivious to the fact that one is brewing in their own back yard - one that, by all accounts, has the potential to be quite "red".

I wonder...If you had told me 10 years ago, that I, as a Canadian, would be writing this about the West in general and the US, in particular, if I would have believed you?

I suspect the answer is no.

Crazy how much things change.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
Money is power - You want your power back, start voting with your money by not purchasing from global/international companies and supporting your local businesses, the products may cost a little more but in the long term you will surely be the beneficiary. Take your money out of the big banks and support your local banks, get off the grid as much as possible, buy local organic foods, again they cost a little more but at least you'll still have your faculties about you as you grow older and hopefully wiser...

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by impressme

Great post OP. I agree with much of what you've said, but before I delve any deeper into this thread, I'm going to ask one simple question. What makes this "prediction" any different from the previous hundreds of thousands that stated the exact same thing, yet never occurred? It's obvious that we're utilizing a broken system, but we've already been through this several times. And every time, we've managed to pull out with nothing more than a truck full of failed "collapse" predictions. Is this any different? Or is the past just repeating itself?

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Hmmm.....Real journalism.
.....in a "Read, Read All About it", kind of way.
Folks might actually start to take an 'interest'.

When there is a death, there Is a birth.
A birth could be as the Spring of a 'new' day.
Or not

Where's a 'spark' when I need one.
Oh, there It Is.....as it WAs......

Oh,

His advice: Make tons of money. Buy an isolated farm in the mountains. Protect family against the barbarians: "Your safe haven must be self-sufficient and capable of growing some kind of food ... It should be well-stocked with seed, fertilizer, canned food, wine, medicine, clothes, etc. Think Swiss Family Robinson."

That Was good advice.
Too bad there were so 'few' in the audience.
Yeah.
YAh.

At the end of the movie, some like to stick around and watch the 'credits'.
I believe Everyone deserves credit where Credit is due.
.....and You?

But don't 'kill' the messenger.
He just might have some tickets.
They don't appear to have 'any' monetary value neither.

[edit on 16-2-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Mythkiller

your right, but local things only cost a little more becuase no one really buys them.. We have a local scheme that consists of our own currency, this is to ensure everythinig we spend is invested locally..

When a coporate took over a number of local pubs (bars) and wanted to change the brew from the local one, everyone boycotted them and sales dropped 95%, so the coporate backed down.. all in all, people power does work and it need not be expensive.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by wdkirk
If the Fed collapses....the States still exist.
It would be damn near impossible to run a 50 state union with 50 different governmental bodies trying to conduct legislation for everyone. It would be a nightmare.

The states have sovereignty.

Yea, it would be just like Europe before the European Union - normal.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join