It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Climate Change: Satellite To Observe Earth's Ice Cover

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Climate Change is science. We have SO much data. Yet we still argue.

"Is global warming real?"

"It's all just a cycle of the earth"

"The Data was corrupted!"

"They LIED about it all!!"

Where is the SCIENCE?

Using a sophisticated radar altimeter called SIRAL (Synthetic Aperture Radar Interferometric Radar Altimetry), CryoSat-2 will make accurate measurements of the thickness of floating sea-ice so that seasonal to inter-annual variations can be detected. It will also survey the surface of continental ice sheets to detect small elevation changes. Credits: ESA - AOES Medialab

Hopefully, this will give us some more concrete data. I dont believe Al Gore. I Dont believe NASA. I dont believe "Climategate" I dont really know what to think at this point.

The threat of global warming may be real. Maybe not. I DO know why it is such an issue though.....

I bet you do too, ATS'ers. Because you are all so very bright!

Because you can make money off of the subject. Whether it is real or not. The subject is now a leverage tool. This situation will only get worse. Buying "green" has a market. Using fossil fuels does too. You do the math. It's no wonder we get so many opinions, and skews of the facts.

Isnt this supposed to be science? Why dont we have a solid concensus?

Where are the people who honestly want to make the world a better place, and not profit from it?!!!

Whew..sorry....I slipped into lala-idealist land there for a second. But really, this SAT is really cool. I want to see these issues put to rest.

The 700 kg CryoSat spacecraft - whose name comes from the Greek kruos meaning icy cold - carries the first all-weather microwave radar altimeter. The instrument has been optimised for determining changes in the thickness of both floating sea ice, which can be up to several metres, and polar land ice sheets, which in Antarctica can be up to five kilometres. The mission will deliver data on the rate of change of the ice thickness accurate to within one centimetre.

Do you think this will be aid in our claims? Maybe get some facts over time?

What do you think ATS'ers?
Please click here for the article, and to watch the cool video!

[edit on 15-2-2010 by InertiaZero]

new topics

join