It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Media Response to the Growing Influence of the 9/11 Truth Movement.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by EndtheFed
On 9/11 the seismic stations grouped around New York City recorded seismic events from the WTC site, two of which occurred immediately prior to the aircraft impacts upon the Twin Towers. Because these seismic events preceded the collisions

another truther lie
www.911myths.com...

nor have they given a valid reason for the difference in times between the seismic events and the aircraft impacts.

Yes they have actually www.dnr.state.md.us...

Only by consideration of the evidence of basement explosions before the aircraft impacts, as experienced by William Rodriquez

Except Rodriguez has changed his story, and there were no basement 'explosions"....

fact that the seismic stations recorded seismic events originating from the WTC sites prior to the aircraft impacts.

except that is not a fact at all!

Just more "truther" quality research! - visit a conspiracy theory site, and ignore the facts

[edit on 15/2/10 by dereks]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Yeah, who is this guy?

The truth, thanks to TRUTHERS, is already out there now, and TPTB have to deal with it. What is the truth? We have criminals at the highest levels of government. Is that enough for you?
My question is, why are we looking to THEM for another b.s. investigation? Isn't that sorta like asking an insufferable liar for the truth?
Why do we look to the federal government for ANYTHING at all? Why do we have this inexplicable faith that the federal government cares one little bit about honesty, decency, truth, justice, integrity, honor, accountability...?
Other than the fairy tale that corporate media programs the naive and thoroughly brainwashed American mind with, where is the evidence we should trust ANYTHING these criminals say?

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

TI don't believe there is a growing influence of the 9/11 Truth Movement. On the contrary I think it is moribund and petering out. After all, there are only so many times you can serve up the same old de-bunked stuff. 9th year and still no hard evidence and not a sound from any conspirator.ext

Alfie1, I'm curious...

For those of you who like to say, "There's no hard evidence," what the hell is your idea of "hard evidence," then? Do you want a photograph of Cheney detonating explosives outside the WTC? Do you want a taped conversation between Bush and bin Laden talking over the details of the WTC attack?

Will it take the Bush administration, the CIA, and whomever else in our govt. played a part coming out and publicly admitting guilt for you people to accept it? You probably would find a way to debunk even the things I just mentioned, so there's likely no "hard evidence" that would pass your test anyway. Why don't you just say it, "I won't accept any evidence as valid, no matter what it is."

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Excellent video, I had not seen that before. Although I've seen all the MSM behaviors discussed therein, and find them reprehensible.
Thanks for adding that.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
More people are coming around to the real physics behind 9/11, though still too slowly. It seems most people who are not too blind faith-oriented ("certainly my beloved government couldn't do THAT"), for example, can look at photographic evidence of the most massive possible damage to WTC 6 and one or two other (nearest the twin towers) buildings that were STILL STANDING and make the very easy and honest mental connection of the physical impossibility, under normal enough conditions, of the complete demolition of WTC 7, which was farther away from the towers than WTC 6. And there's way too much else that stinks to all Hell about 9/11 for the overall OS to contain anywhere near enough truth. Again, always better a truther than faither.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sean48

American's will be fighting each other for the First Class seats when the

Fema Trains roll in.

[edit on 15-2-2010 by Sean48]

Thanks for the laugh 'Roland'!

Which seats are first class?

I can laugh now, but 3 years ago when I found I couldn't delude myself anymore about 911 I was in a heap of hurt.

This 'hurt', if experienced on a large scale might just be the tipping point.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The next best thing for the government next to people buying the official story hook line and sinker is having people engaged in a public yet eternal debate about what really happened.

The more possible scenarios and the more divided over what really happened and who really carried it out the easier it becomes to maintain the official story as the default fall back position.

The truth is a lot of people know we aren’t being told the whole truth about 9-11 but those same people differ so radically as to theories as to what did happen that as long as debate is permitted and even encouraged it will never move beyond debate.

What’s more as many additional people reach the conclusion that there is more to the story than the government has told, it becomes easier for the government to sell them an additional element that only serves to then more or less reinforce the original story with things like yes Bush was aware that the attack was going to take place and didn’t stop to act it, but it still sells the original official story, and simply reinforces it with an added twist.

One thing is for certain with each passing day the actual trail grows a little colder and little more covered and like the Kennedy assassination its all simply about putting time and space between the actual event and the actual players and the present.

We can talk about the truth of 9-11 but it’s highly doubtful that the truth of 9-11 will ever end up being fully known or acted upon at this rate.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Certainly one of the best examples of "Good Science" is in the 9/11 truth movement. I would credit the physics people as being the first to raise a serious red flag. Avoiding "Conspiracy" is a good way to keep the audience open to just learning.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ugie1028

Thank ugie, hadn't seen that one before. I had seen all the attacks in the media towards anyone and anything that did not tow the 911 OS line. Amazing really, how brainwashing it was.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

I happen to agree with you but, I take it a step further. Those who are actually interested in 9/11, no matter what side they choose to take, constitute a minority of our population. I'm 28, most women my age are busy talking about who was fat last night at whatever award show, premiere or party. Who happens to be porking who, talking trash about other women etc. Most of the guys seem to talk about sports,video games, farting pranks on youtube,etc. 9/11 is not on their mind at all. Just as Kennedy is not on their mind. It isn't until the bread and circus become unaffordable that the masses may actually take some interest in the issue. I think the media will cut them off at the pass though but just scapegoating someone else. Preferably non-white and of some strange faith Americans have never heard of.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Well I would wager growing up and being in a military family exposed you a lot more to politics and world events.

After all when the dust settles from something like 9-11 it is the military that we typically then call upon, and it’s the family and loved ones of those in the military who are most affected by it.

Yet the truth is that most people spend about 80% of their waking hours just trying to eek out a living and sustenance, to maintain a roof over their head and some food on the table and when they aren’t focused on that increasingly more difficult task they do love to escape the more unpleasant demands of the world through some type of relatively mindless pursuit and folly.

It’s very much a Catch-22 type situation where people spend so much time trying to survive they can’t afford to talk about let alone become involved with politics, yet because they don’t talk about or become involved with politics they are hostage to and a victim of the corporate status quo that pays substandard wages and maintains a perverse level of profitability by keeping the cost of living so high that people do have to devote the bulk of their to just getting by from day to day.

In my own humble opinion the powers that be are adept at finding where that line is that would have the people’s quality of life so low that they would find it necessary to not just talk but become politically active and rebel. I think the government and the corporations will always keep a fine eye to that line in making sure that enough people are employed, and are taking home just enough and spending enough time in the pursuit of it so that there will never be a critical mass type of moment where the people do become committed to actively making a change.

During the late sixties and early seventies the Government was truly worried that the hippie counter culture really would turn into a genuine revolution against the government. The government and the corporations have since then but real and concerted effort into making sure that no large group of Americans would ever have both the leisure time and the money together at the same time to create that kind of threat again.

As long as the bare necessities are available to people and plentiful and distracting sources of entertainment I fear we are stuck with the status quo. In a way conspiracies like 9-11 have become one of those inexpensive and distracting forms of entertainment.

We sure do need more young intelligent inquisitive and concerned Americans like you if we are ever going to restore the promise of American ideals and the Constitution.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I always thought that if someone could actually water board cheney that he may actually spill the beans,
He himself has said it isn't torture, just enhanced enterigation techniques.

A little like a lie detector for politicians when they come out of office

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

Your bias is clearly government sympathetic and anti-conspiracy theory. The bias is so marked that I could not take seriously anything you said.

I don't believe that the 9/11 Truth Movement is moribund and petering out. On the contrary I think it's influence is growing. After all, there are only so many times you can serve up the same old de-bunked official story. 9th year and still no hard evidence and not a sound from any credible source.

That having been said:

I am continually amazed by those who insist on accepting whatever they are told by the government/media even when it flies in the face of logic, physics and plain old common sense. No amount of "hard evidence" will ever convince one whos mind is imprisoned by rigid dogma.

To disregard a source because of an obvious bias is intellectually dishonest - unless you are willing to dismiss ALL sources, as every source is biased in one direction of another.
Statements of belief, while useful for displaying ones own bias, are hardly a basis for a reasoned discussion of the original topic.

(Star and Flag) for the OP for a job well done.

[edit on 15-2-2010 by Tholidor]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Does anyone still actually believe the OS? Nano-thermite was found in the dust and has been confirmed by Steven Jones and Danish Scientists. There have been MANY credible people within the military, intelligence, and government around the world who have critisized the OS. The Pentagon released a tape at the Pentagon in I believe it was 2005 that clearly did not show a plane crash into the Pentagon. It looked more like a cruise missle.

And what about the hole where the plane supposedly completely disentigrated into. What a load of bull. Why can't people see that this is another false flag terror attack perpetrated by the US Military/Industrial Complex? Just to name a few in the past: The Gulf of Tonkin, JFK assasination, the U.S.S. Liberty, and the Oklahoma City Bombings. Not to mention the atrocities associated with the Gulf War Syndrome or MKULTRA. When we people relieze that when you try to put a mass murderer like Henry Kissinger in charge of a 911 investigation, that this means they don't care about us.

And lastly, must we not forget about Larry Silverstein saying on a PBS documentary that he gave the orders to bring down the building. The explosions that took place in WT7 Building BEFORE a plane even hit WT1 or WT2 buildings. The people who run this country and the Western World have been perpetrating false flag terror attacks throughout history to create wars. The same families that financed Lenin and Bolshevick Movement as well as Hitler are still in control of the world. Until these banksters and murderers are removed from power they will continue with bioattacks (Swine Flu) and terror attacks to keep the sheep scared.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
My only fear is every other country hating us after they figure out the real truth.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by keeblerelf
My only fear is every other country hating us after they figure out the real truth.

Trust me they already hate us and started a long time before 9-11.

Our dictatorial and hypocritical dual standards gunboat diplomacy foreign policy has made the United States a laughing stock for decades. The only reason more nations don’t laugh out loud at us and publicly confront us about it is because we are too well armed and control too much of the world’s distribution of oil.

If anything us finally being honest as a nation about 9-11 might cause some nations and people to rethink the low esteem they currently hold us in.

The world doesn’t look to us for a leadership role because of a superior morality or our tragically warped version of democracy and capitalism, it’s because we have the most powerful military in the world and the gasoline and munitions to run it anywhere and everywhere without let up, and because our military sits on top of about 70% of the world’s known oil reserves.

Americans believe that the rest of the world looks to us for leadership because of moral superiority and our democratic values, the rest of the world simply can’t afford to ignore us or defy us.

Our reputation couldn’t get worse at this point!

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1SawSomeThings

Eight countries – Britain, Canada, Denmark, France, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway and Russia – have allowed their publicly-owned broadcasting stations to air the full spectrum of evidence challenging the truth of the official account of 9/11.:

Denmark here, you can count for sure that every September there is a demo here.
Meet Danish scientist Niels Harrit.

Numbers are growing for every day.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedman
Here is link to Glen Beck radio show last week where he "outs" Texas
nutcase (lot of them down there) candidate for governor Debra Medina
as truther... This what the media thinks of whackjobs - something to ridicule

Compare that hysterical ambush from Fox's Glenn Beck to a later interview with ABC's Ted Oberg in which Debra Medina was given a fair hearing. The difference supports the point that there is a shift in the MSM's approach to those who question the OS.

thedman - this woman doesn't sound like a nutcase to me. Afraid to speak candidly about her 9/11 doubts perhaps, but she argues quite eloquently that asking questions is healthy and responsible, and no question should be out of bounds. It's clear from both Beck's hatchet job, and even the tone of the ABC interview, how the MSM marginalises anything outside official groupthink.

I think the questions that I've heard asked are how those buildings fell. Um, and I'm not the engineer to know that and I think those are good relevant questions to ask....

I am not going to, I hope, ever say to any American or Texan - 'don't ask questions' and I'm going to champion people's ability to ask those questions - doesn't mean I agree with the question or that I even agree with the... or, or suspect the line of questioning that it's coming from, but er, a bit of a dichotomy I think for me today where, er, Glenn, is someone who has championed asking questions and then seems to try to say 'well no - not that question - you can't let people ask that question'. Well of course people can ask the question. They deserve answers. Americans deserve answers.

The "truther" witch-hunt is starting to backfire as people realize how much government deception they've already been served courtesy of the MSM.

[edit on 15-2-2010 by EvilAxis]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooper
The FEMA trains? Oh no. Not you, really? You believe that crap? The first time I saw those "FEMA" trains I nearly soiled myself laughing.

What about REX-84? Does the idea of admitted prison camps all over the country, for the excuse of the emergency round-up illegal aliens, make you soil yourself too? Maybe you just soil yourself anyway and need to keep someone close at hand for that?

You know what's especially hilarious about these detainment camps is that, besides being here since the 1980's, the Halliburton subsidiary KBR was contracted to build more of them in recent years. The same subsidiary (KBR) which was involved in sex-slave trafficking in East Europe. This is like Seinfeld material huh?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join