It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Media Response to the Growing Influence of the 9/11 Truth Movement.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Abstract
In the past year, in response to emerging independent science on the 9/11 attacks, nine corporate, seven public, and two independent media outlets aired analytic programs investigating the official account.
Increasingly, the issue is treated as a scientific controversy worthy of debate, rather than as a "conspiracy theory" ignoring science and common sense.
This essay presents these media analyses in the form of 18 case studies.
Eight countries – Britain, Canada, Denmark, France, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway and Russia – have allowed their publicly-owned broadcasting stations to air the full spectrum of evidence challenging the truth of the official account of 9/11.
This more open approach taken in the international media – I could also have included the Japanese media – might be a sign that worldwide public and corporate media organizations are positioning themselves, and preparing their audiences, for a possible revelation of the truth of the claim that forces within the US government were complicit in the attacks – a revelation that would call into question the publicly given rationale for the military operations in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan.
The evidence now being explored in the international media may pave the way for the US media to take an in-depth look at the implications of what is now known about 9/11, and to re-examine the country's foreign and domestic policies in the light of this knowledge.

Source

This is a well documented and fairly detailed look at the perceptions of media and audiences around the world (mainly outside the US). The trend is toward the 9/11 truth movement and the evidence they present being taken seriously. That it may pave the way for US media to take an in depth look and not play the "X-files" theme every time the subject comes up, I'm not holding my breath.
Just another small step towards a new investigation.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
i understand (and it makes sense to) that people in different countries have a very different view about "conspiracy theories" or just government conspiracies in general.

governments are conspiratorial. they just are.

nuff said?

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I hope they can explain the multiple explosions and the way all buildings free fell. That would be a news report I would watch.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Well written article. The media has changed it's handling of the "truth movement".

There was a recent thread that stated: Truth Movement Can't Be Stopped in which I asked--Can't be stopped from what?

I was taken to task by Lilydale, maybe he/she thought I was poking fun with the question.

I was not, as I too believe 911 was something other than what we were told.

My question now gains importance as we move through time. What will be the reaction when people must confront the lies in they're own minds?

Revolution? Or acceptance? Or something else in between?

The aftermath of such revelations will be quite telling to be sure.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinityoreilly

My question now gains importance as we move through time. What will be the reaction when people must confront the lies in they're own minds?

Nothing will change, regarding the General Population.

Glenn Beck will wave a flag, and tell them to go back to sleep.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
JOKING

American's will be fighting each other for the First Class seats when the

Fema Trains roll in.

[edit on 15-2-2010 by Sean48]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

The FEMA trains? Oh no. Not you, really? You believe that crap? The first time I saw those "FEMA" trains I nearly soiled myself laughing.

They're Auto Trains! And the so called "FEMA" camp was an auto unloading facility!

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

It seems more nations are growing less afraid of the paper tiger US War Machine.

Perhaps the US Government propaganda outlets here in the good ol USA will self-destruct.

The sooner the better.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/38a8487f3864.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by infinityoreilly

It will be the next generation of "shock and aaaawwwwggh!" Absorbing the new reality really hurts in so many ways.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I stopped skimming the link after I seen:

A peer-reviewed paper published in the Open Chemical Physics Journal on April 3, 2009,2 reported that a little known high-tech explosive called nano-thermite was found throughout the World Trade Center dust.

But after crucial scientific evidence emerged in April 2009 to challenge the official story of how the towers fell

Was worth a laugh. Is that the only "new evidence" you guys have? Paint chips?

+7 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

So, as usual you have nothing to offer.

Like the OS , you are amusing.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Sean48

Here is link to Glen Beck radio show last week where he "outs" Texas
nutcase (lot of them down there) candidate for governor Debra Medina
as truther...

Watch how when confronts her get the usual "just asking questions" garbage and when pressed how she evades all attempts to pin her down
on who was responsible....

www.youtube.com...

This what the media thinks of whackjobs - something to ridicule

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by thedman

Please talk about the topic of the thread, don't derail please. Whether you have good or bad feelings about the article, this thread is about the article, not "whackjobs from Texas".

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 1SawSomeThings

Your source is clearly conspiracy theory sympathetic and anti-government. The bias is so marked that I could not take seriously anything in it.

I don't believe there is a growing influence of the 9/11 Truth Movement. On the contrary I think it is moribund and petering out. After all, there are only so many times you can serve up the same old de-bunked stuff. 9th year and still no hard evidence and not a sound from any conspirator.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

The author presented an extensive bibliography for every point she made.
It is clear that she spent some time to support her thesis.

You wrote "I think" and "I believe" a few times. Where is your literary retort to the article with your references? That would help your argument.

[edit on 15-2-2010 by 1SawSomeThings]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1SawSomeThings
reply to post by Alfie1

The author presented an extensive bibliography for every point she made.
It is clear that she spent some time to support her thesis.

You wrote "I think" and "I believe" a few times. Where is your literary retort to the article with your references? That would help your argument.

[edit on 15-2-2010 by 1SawSomeThings]

I don't doubt that she spent some time on this article but it is still hopelessly biased.

Just a few examples;- she writes as though nano-thermite is a proved fact in relation to the destruction of the WTC. Jones paper is decribed as peer -reviewed. None of this is true.

Richard Gage is extensively covered, with approval. This is the man who thinks juggling with cardboard boxes is representative of the WTC towers collapsing.

Nat Geo.s documentary " purported to explore evidence ".

I am afraid an article has to be a good deal more objective than this before I want to spend time on it.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1SawSomeThings
Increasingly, the issue is treated as a scientific controversy worthy of debate, rather than as a "conspiracy theory" ignoring science and common sense.

JFK's death was/is treated as a controversy worthy of debate but it hasn't changed one thing related to it. It didn't matter then and it doesn't matter now. This will never result in anything actually being admitted or wrongdoing officially assigned.

[edit on 15/2/2010 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

JFK's death was/is treated as a controversy worthy of debate but it hasn't changed one thing related to it. It didn't matter then and it doesn't matter now. This will never result in anything actually being admitted or wrongdoing officially assigned.

I disagree. When JFK was killed, there was no internet, no independent media, and people had not awakened on a large scale to the fact that ambitious criminals with money and connections can pull off almost anything. And get into positions of temporary great power as well. As much as JFK was loved, he was one man. On 9/11 there were 3000 killed on one day, and since then an ongoing destruction of our constitution, bill of rights, and the lives of many of our well-intentioned patriotic youth.

The truth will prevail, no matter how long it takes.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
On 9/11 the seismic stations grouped around New York City recorded seismic events from the WTC site, two of which occurred immediately prior to the aircraft impacts upon the Twin Towers. Because these seismic events preceded the collisions, it is clear they were not associated with the impacts and must therefore be associated with some other occurrence. None of the authorities charged with the responsibility for the investigation of the events of 9/11 have proposed a source for these seismic events, nor have they given a valid reason for the difference in times between the seismic events and the aircraft impacts. Only by consideration of the evidence of basement explosions before the aircraft impacts, as experienced by William Rodriquez and 36 others, can an explanation be found for the fact that the seismic stations recorded seismic events originating from the WTC sites prior to the aircraft impacts. It seems unlikely that Middle Eastern terrorists could have overcome the WTC security and managed this kind of high level technological coordination. The facts presented here, simple and few, raise the possibility of inside help and involvement in 9/11/01, both before and after the attack.

www.scholarsfor911truth.org...

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Hi everybody,

Its a really interesting article that the OP has found, there does appear to be a sea-change in the way the media is presenting the story especially in non-American media sources. The truth is a bit too close to home I guess.

I really like the focus on nano-thermite and how it is a military application and can be used in a paint medium. The parallels with the anthrax attacks are blatant to those willing to look. Both invented by the US military, (high grade anthrax) both highly controlled and only accessible to high ranking officials, yet 'faithers' claim it was paint chips. However, I have seen questions raised about the peer-review process of certain articles and the criticisms by 'faithers' in this case seem valid - a case of shooting fish in a barrel I suspect. On the other hand, the NIST reports have been peer reviewed ( or at least scientists have proven many of their hypothesis incorrect) and to use another metaphor, the NIST reports are a bunch of holes tied together with string.

The links between the media, business, government and the military run so deep that they are not obvious to the casual observer, but one thing is certain, journalistic values have suffered greatly in the last 8 or so years. The BBC is still having debates about whether torture works or not... fume... it doesn't, end of argument. What hope 9/11 truth when Anglo-Saxon media memes control the range of acceptable debate, but the OP article shows the tide is turning in favor of looking at the evidence with a critical eye.

Peace

PS to Endthefed, I have heard of the seismic evidence, can we get a graphic to prove this on another thread please.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
if you dont mind id like to add a video from a thread i made a while back.

The Media And The 9/11 Truth Movement

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join