It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Young woman ghost caught on camera

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic RNA

Originally posted by RMFX1
I thought that it looked like there was glass in it in the close-up shot of the girl standing in the window.

I know that it's supposed to be a 1st floor window but the photo doesn't look as if it was taken from ground level so I was thinking that maybe there was some sort of verge or something similar that was level with the first floor.

As far as debunking it goes, I'm not trying to piss on anyone parade but I don't believe in ghosts, so if there is no glass in the windows then I would say that it's likely to have been digitally altered. Either that or some kind of double exposure if that would be the correct term for it.

[edit on 15-2-2010 by RMFX1]

Hi RMFX1 if you look at the third picture in the link in the OP you’ll see that there is a type of mound or hill beyond the fence to the right of the window, I’ll hazard a guess the Photographer took the photo from the mound, that would account for the picture not looking like it was taken from level ground, and your certainly not pissing on anyones parade, I’ve said from the start I’m unsure if this is real, if it is a hoax I’d go for photo-shopped or digitally altered rather than a reflection, doubt very much it’s a reflection to be honest, the windows don’t exist…

Have a look at my last post and the image. I'm convinced that this is just a bad photoshop.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RMFX1
Also, what's wrong with this ghosts left arm and shoulder? I'm no expert but it looks to me like whoever photoshopped this image didn't compensate for the window frame properly when they inserted the image. It looks as if the image was cut where the girl joins the windowframe and then the remaining part of the girls left side was just overlayed into the image on the other side of the frame making the shoulder and body appear to be too wide and out of proportion.

I'm convinced that this is a poorly faked hoax.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1382f1ff10ee.jpg[/atsimg]

EDIT: Picture came out a bit squished. Here's one in the proper aspect ratio.

[edit on 15-2-2010 by RMFX1]

Yeah I see where your coming from, it does look a bit like she's elongated a wee bit in body to the right as we look at it... duno what ghosts looks like so maybe their fatter than the average living human??

It wouldn't surprise me if this was a hoax, especially as the source was the Sun, I can't find any info on the photographer, so without that it's hard to know what motivation he would have other than getting in the Sun and a few quid... if he's a company owner I doubt he needs money so that would only leave a bit of ego stroking by getting in the #e tabloid that is the Sun..

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Considering that the source is The Sun, I have to say this is a photoshopped hoax.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Reptilian_Queen

Hi Reptilian_Queen, I have pointed out a few times the Sun is less than reputable as a source of information, but come on, you can’t debunk the photo’s on this reason alone, as I see it ATS tends to use good debunking tactics, i.e. proof the photo was messed with or the photographer is a known hoaxer ect, Ill state again…. I don’t know if it’s for real or not, I just really don’t know?, RMFX1 has put a good point forward concerning the miss match of the young woman in the photo, your probably right, but to just say it’s a hoax without proof or some sort of point is stretching it a bit

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I saw this on the Sun' site earlier today and knew it would be posted here, but fully expected most - if not all - of the replies to say something along the lines of "obvious photoshop". As it turns out, that didnt happen, some are claiming reflection, others think it looks good.

For me, its an obvious photoshop. Its not even a "good" photoshop as it doesnt look "realistic". Even the comments on the Sun's site are calling fake, and their reader usually believe most things. The bod is out of proportion and just overall looks fake, and I fully believe thats what this is.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The 'Doorway' might be this fallen down bit of roof or whatever it is :

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
That picture above looks like it is of the 3 windows above where she is standing . The window she is at , is slightly forward than the 3 above (from pic 3 in the sun ). In the bottom left corner, you can see it looks like maybe there is a floor there . If this next picture is of that same window, then there definitely is floor :

[edit on 15-2-2010 by Gun Totin Gerbil]

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gun Totin Gerbil
That picture above looks like it is of the 3 windows above where she is standing . The window she is at , is slightly forward than the 3 above (from pic 3 in the sun ). In the bottom left corner, you can see it looks like maybe there is a floor there . If this next picture is of that same window, then there definitely is floor :

Hi Gun Totin Gerbil, you may be right with that observation, the windows certainly seem to match up, if you look at the four arched windows above, the wire mesh has the same pattern of holes, where did you get the photo from and what date was it taken?? the other picture you posted shows just how derelict the place is, it's hard to tell if it's the area the women in the photo was standing..

Heh, it seems the Sun has got the ghost bug at the moment, they've put up a series of pictures with ghosts in today, some they claim are fake and some not...

Sun ghosts

[edit on 17-2-2010 by Majestic RNA]

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gun Totin Gerbil

There's no question about it. This is definetely the same window. Good find.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Hi Guys

I personally think that its a fake as well , you are right about the left arm and shoulder, looks as though it's alot longer than the other , wasn't concentrating when using photoshop , but look carefully the person in the picture looks alot like emma thompson who played Hermine in the Harry potter movies and the name sounds like the game that they play as well quidditch/ Gwrych.

Kind of strange if you ask me

regards
ian

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 1972ian

Emma Watson is the actor your talking about, yeah she does look like her, I think most of us have come round to the idea it's a fake, when I first saw the picture I thought it was quite a good fake, but looking at it blown up you can tell it's been messed with...

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf 
To me the second image on the image scroller looks photo shopped!

But I guess it is possible, as I have seen better genuine photos before!

The distance from her left shoulder (right side on pic) to her neck looks a bit too long. But I think anyone doing a photoshop job would have done this a bit better to be honest.

If this photo is real (which I believe it is), I believe that the girl may be actually on the outside looking in, and the camera has captured her reflection on the glass. The two different panels of glass may not be quite square with each other. Reflections captured in mirrors are common with spirits, while the spirit itself is not captured.

As said, there is no floor in the area. So if she can levitate on the inside, she shouldn't have a problem on the outside.

Just a wild guess I'd thought I'd throw in here.

[edit on 21/2/10 by NuclearPaul]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

There is no glass to reflect from, the windows are all broken, and I don't think this is real at all....

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Fake. The guy needs publicity and money for an upcoming buisness opportunity.

www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by remymartin

Great find remymartin!

I was looking about on the net for a day trying to find out what Kevin Horkin did, I couldn't find anything on him, I see that's been published on the net only today, so I wouldn't have seen this.

Mr Horkin, who owns psychic management company Parallel, wants to spend 'several millions' renovating the 19th century castle,

Say's it all really....owns psychic management company,wants to buy the castle, the guy faked it!!!!

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Darn. Well I am gonna say what I was gonna say anyway
. There's something very.....video gamish looking about her.

But good job on finding out is a hoax!

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I kinda like this girl. Ghost or not. There's a type of apparition that has been proven to exist, and is actually quite common. In fact, they may constitute well over 90% of sighted apparitions. They are called residual anomalies, and aren't true "spirits" in the sense of what paranormal researchers (or even New Age spiritualists) consider spirits to be. They're environmental holographic imprints of emotion-centric intellect energy. This "woman" - if the photo is authentic - would seem to be an good example of such an anomaly. They exist as "video tape clips" of a sort, and simply play through repeating vignettes, as if there were a holographic projector nearby placing them in the space provided. A good place to witness this is Gettysburg PA.

These manifestations aren't conscious, are not the spirits of the corporeal being they represent, and appear as a result of environmental factors, such as barometric pressure, the presence of large amounts of limestone, intense humidity and/or a large body of water, excessive amounts of environmental magnetic field presence, and other natural factors coming together in a fairly specific blend.

Yes, it could be a photoshop marketing scheme, but these manifestations have been proven to exist, and have been well documented. They don't prove, or have anything at all to do with, the existence of conscious life after death, or the existence of intelligent spiritual activity, but they do indicate that 21st century humanity is still a bit shy of knowing every aspect of the natural world and the variety of physics that may yet be hiding from our instruments.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by remymartin
Fake. The guy needs publicity and money for an upcoming buisness opportunity.

www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...

If you notice, this guy announced this after taking the photo. I have a friend who is a raging entrepreneur who would've reacted in the exact same manner if he'd taken this photo. And within hours of discovering it in the photo. Including contacting the Sun to get it published. This guy took two days before making his mind up to bid on the place.

What I'm saying is that announcing plans to buy a castle is not the same as having bought a castle. Planning to buy a castle, for some businessmen, can happen in minutes after getting a wild hair up his ass that there may be money to be made. After all, the paranormal is big money these days. Really big money.

That said, of course the photo could be a fake. This announcement doesn't prove that it's a fake, but it still could be a fake. With the announcement following the photo's being published, assuming that one story proves the falsehood of the other is a logical fallacy, and that's all I'm pointing out. Americans fall victim to that fallacy a lot because of all the grease salesmen we have in our society.

[edit on 23-2-2010 by NorEaster]

posted on Mar, 7 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It is in the Sun, that is all that I need to know.
Not even a good shop job to be honest.

posted on Mar, 10 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by redeyedwonder

I call fake, since when do ghosts have a healthy pink glow to their faces???

What exactly do you think 'ghosts' should look like? Should they look like a sheet draped over someone with eye holes cut out? Should they be mostly transparent? Should they be wisps of vapour? Perhaps covered in chains and headless like in a Scooby Doo cartoon?

Have you ever seen spirit?

I'm not taking sides on the picture in the OP, but comments like the above do make me laugh. You're calling fake based on a preconceived notion that 'ghosts' only appear in certain forms.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join