It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Many worlds, many dimensions, many time-lines, lots of versions of us..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about”

There have been a few threads as of late, regarding dimensions and time shifts, and quite a few skeptics to the idea, with little or no thought given to the possibility, let alone to the science that has already defined it. This thread is not to debate what someone has experienced relative to what they believed has happened to them, but rather the discussion of the possibility of shifting between dimensions.

I felt this topic deserved a thread by itself, which is based on "Everett's Many World Interpretation". In 2007, a team of scientists at Oxford, under the direction of physicist David Deutsch published a proof demonstrating that there is a direct continuum from the probabilistic outcomes of the quantum world to the macro world of parallel universes resulting from chance and choice.

So for those who know nothing about it, here are some short videos on the basics of the first 10 dimensions. (The third one will help solidify it, so don't worry if the first two baffle you.) These will help you comprehend the infinite amount of possibilities of our existence. The tenth dimension being the vehicle in which any and every possible version of us and our reality would exist and be accessible in any time-line, infinitely.

And here is a short video from the same producer about the 11th dimension.

Quote from video: ....If every decision I make, every decision someone else makes, and every random outcome where no one made a choice but something just happened, are all creating different versions of our universe - this seems like a mind-boggling amount of universes for us to be asked to imagine. And yet, the Many Worlds Interpretation is gaining ground amongst serious scientists because it answers so many other questions about how our universe works.

So, taking into consideration the information presented above, one must be forced to CONSIDER at least the following possibilities:

a.) our consciousness and/or bodies traverses these dimensions in direct proportion to our actions and decisions, (perhaps this is what many of our dreams are made of - connections made to our other "selves"),

b.) our government, other governments and/or privately owned firms contain the technology to travel and/or look into these other dimensions, (such as Project Looking Glass), which can ALTER the current time-line in order to avoid certain outcomes,

c.) we're evolving and will naturally develop the skills to do this unaided, (perhaps this is the native American story of the earth ushering into the new 5th world).

The possibilities are mind boggling if one sits down long enough to really digest the enormity of our existence. When you think about it, and I mean REALLY think about it, just about anything becomes possible, and that's a pretty frightening thought to swallow.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Yes we have different timelines, and dimensions. But you are one entity, one energy, in the matrix you can exist unknowingly in all dimentions and times.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Cosmicdjinn

That's exactly one theory I'm floating, given some of the other threads that are active right now. I do think it's possible that our consciousness travels into other dimensions where we can literally wake up in a slightly different, but very similar setting.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Sorry, but time is not a dimension.
It's a nice way to visualize higher dimensions though.

[edit on 15-2-2010 by polit]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by polit

Scientists have most certainly defined "time" as a dimension....the 4th dimension, to be exact. The first three dimensions are our physical world, beyond a flat plane, and the 4th dimension is a DIRECTION....a movement. I didn't make this up. It just is.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Very interesting stuff, all of it.

How do you think this can be combined with holographic universe theory? do you think it even can be?

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Good thread, in fact the wave function in quantum mechanics dictates that parallel universe MUST exist for every possibly outcome of anything. Here is an interesting thread on parallel universe:

On Parallel Universes

S/F...

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
In the third video from OP he says mentions in passing that 3D could/can(?) be contrained by a 7 brane. I am curious to know about that statement. I find this interesting. Seven seems to be a number that crops up every so often in physics/math in interesting contexts. Rene Thom s morphological Catastrophe Theory en.wikipedia.org...
postulates 7 major/main types.

I also find it very interesting that the many worlds/dimensional approaches appear to be gaining ground (as these vids seem to imply) over the years. I have read chanelled material of good quality (Sethen.wikipedia.org... , Micheal messagesfrommichael.com...) that implied this similar conclusions in many respects. It is with wonderment and awe that I see hard nosed physicists pulled around to these concepts over time. I am no wooly minded new ager but I am drawn to good information especially when it is checkable.

Also - the idea of waking up in a different timeline - it is a difficult thing to check. It would make sense to scan for persons who seemingly have no history. On a "subjective" level I think that one would have to deeply disassociate from their own dimension , perhaps due to complete anguish or disaffection of some sort - a kind of interdilmensional fugue. There are I believe records of invidividuals seemingly showing up from nowhere but to check these - by definition we could not. It is impossible to prove a negative in that sense.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidself

Well technically what happens is once you alter your original timeline, that one ceases to exist and another one, with the new information is instantly instituted into the spacetime stream.

As far as branes go, there are many competing theories, I prefer the 11d brane theory, but there are others, such as the 27d bosnic theory. Either way, timelines are a causality of individual space, and not hyperdimensional. They are likely dictated by the quantum laws of each separate physical universe.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by emeraldzeus

I'm sorry but your video is not accurate. That is not the way physics looks at higher dimensional space. For goodness sakes it even says so at the end of the video.

The dimensions described by physics are small compact and folded over themselves. All this talk of alternate timelines leaping between universes dimensions of pure probability , are all pseudo-science conjecture put together by the people at Imagining the 10th dimension.

How can you take the video series seriously when there is a blatant disclaimer at the end stating that its not the actual view of science.

Tiny and curled up. At each point in space there is a tiny twisted up 6-7 dimensional Calibi Yau manifold.

Calabi-Yau spaces are important in string theory, where one model posits the geometry of the universe to consist of a ten-dimensional space of the form , where is a four dimensional manifold (space-time) and is a six dimensional compact Calabi-Yau space. They are related to Kummer surfaces. Although the main application of Calabi-Yau spaces is in theoretical physics, they are also interesting from a purely mathematical standpoint. Consequently, they go by slightly different names, depending mostly on context, such as Calabi-Yau manifolds or Calabi-Yau varieties.

Although the definition can be generalized to any dimension, they are usually considered to have three complex dimensions. Since their complex structure may vary, it is convenient to think of them as having six real dimensions and a fixed smooth structure.

mathworld.wolfram.com...

It's incredible enough that there may be tiny extra spatial dimensions. The level of sensationalism doesn't have to include philisophical inter-dimensional travel to boggle most minds.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

While you are correct in your definition of the Calibi-Yau manifold and it's description of the microscale structure of strings, you have omitted branes, and of course the Ads/CFT Correspondence, as well the hyperdimensional brane physics. As it does appear there is a fractal "contraction-expansion" effect due to clashing P-Branes of hyperspace.

So, hyperspatial dimensions exist likely not only within strings, but outside of our world volume brane.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jkrog08

Either way, timelines are a causality of individual space, and not hyperdimensional. They are likely dictated by the quantum laws of each separate physical universe.

Perhaps I should not have said timelines - I am no expert. I was thinking more of the many worlds kind of interpretation - envisioning something like jumping tracks into a very close probability. To me a choice made instigates a new reality at every nodal choice point so the time fugue would have to jump a larger trunk of nodes such that amnesia would be the likely result - a broken trunk. Maybe these would be limited to both probable realities having to have the same intent/choice? to swap nodes?

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

As I said, the "Many Worlds" interpretation corresponds more to wave function principles than it does hyperdimensions. Spatially there is nothing different within each probability, they are only separated by phases, or string vibrations.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

As I said, the "Many Worlds" interpretation corresponds more to wave function principles than it does hyperdimensions. Spatially there is nothing different within each probability, they are only separated by phases, or string vibrations.

I think I get what you saying; that it is a kind of horizontal switch; not jumping up to dimension 6 or 7 or some such. Which (if I understand which is a big if
) I would definately agree. But precisely this area does confuse me. There is the sort of traditional science fictional movie sense of the the alternate reality/dimension, on a parrallel track as it were, and then there is the "on to the 5th dimension (not literally)" kind of confusion I get into. If you literally switched timelines, could you be making use of a higher dimension in order to give yourself the space to shift?( similar to a flatlander using 3d to shift). Does Everett s Many Worlds only occur in 1 world?

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

With in our dimensional space there is infinite possible outcomes, which is likely separated by string vibrational frequency. It has nothing to do with dimensions.

Here, this may help....

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 2/15/2010 by jkrog08]

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   

While you are correct in your definition of the Calibi-Yau manifold and it's description of the microscale structure of strings, you have omitted branes, and of course the Ads/CFT Correspondence, as well the hyperdimensional brane physics. As it does appear there is a fractal "contraction-expansion" effect due to clashing P-Branes of hyperspace.

So, hyperspatial dimensions exist likely not only within strings, but outside of our world volume brane.

Ah M-theory. Yes I understand that multiple branes could result in multiple universe. The problem though is trying to figure out the physics of branes that we do not see. We barely understand the physics of our "Brane".

As far as saying that multiple copies of us exsist or that multiple timelines running parallel to ours and splitting via quantum fluctuations is a hard to pill to swallow as fact.

I do tend to find myself championing M-theory, but only as far as the mathematics can describe it. To say that multiple branes would allow for interdimensional trave or what not is just not something im not ready to do.

We must remember that if M-theory is correct then most strings are open ended. The thing about open ended strings is that they are tetherd to our brane. The only closed loops in M-theory are reserved for gravitons. (which are still only hypothetical)

Multiverse theories are amazing and I hope that they are right simply because they're so fantastic. But for now M-theory aswell as basic String theory are merely mathematical curiosities.

Hopefully, Jkrog, the fellows at cern will crack the extra spatial dimensions soon.

I have a feeling that the boards are going to explode with info about this stuff in the next several months and next couple years. Should be an interesting ride

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Hopefully, Jkrog, the fellows at cern will crack the extra spatial dimensions soon.

I have a feeling that the boards are going to explode with info about this stuff in the next several months and next couple years. Should be an interesting ride

Indeed, I anticipate they will be too, and if we can find missing gravity in particle collisions, then we both know that will nearly solidify M-Theory.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I'm going to jump in here again if yall don't mind.

I just want to start off by saying that a timeline does not cease to exist when it is changed. In the time-space domain or inverted, the dimentions are endless as they are all on their own frequency. Just because a frequency is interrupted doesn't mean it stops traveling.

The theory of paradoxal concution, by that I mean when you change something..time splits going 2 directions. 1 direction where you have 1 outcome, and 2 where you have another. In this theory people often think that if you change a past or current event that it changes the future of that line. It in fact does not, because time-space are on the same grid, past; present; and future all exist in every dimention on every timeline.
In saying that I mean for example: You can go back in time, cut off your arm..it does not effect your timeline that you are traveling in. Once you travel back, that timeline splits and become a new dimention of that timeline. Where all past;present; and futures are seperate for that time you are traveling.
However, probability can be noted in time travel foward and predicted accurately on 1 specific timeline without a dramatic split in timelines. Meaning you can predict the future and change the future outcome while still in that timeline.
*Time-Space means you are traveling in Time, through a space.
*Space-Time means you are traveling in Space through a time.
In our normal everyday routine we travel through space on a specific time. When you use transdimentional, or a paradotical traveling system you invert the Time-Space matrix, so that you are traveling through time on a specific space. Sometimes I have a different opinion about this theory: Traveling into the past is West and in the future it is East. Although that system works on the basis that we rotate around the sun lets us know that time is passing, I find myself believing that when the earth stops spinning time does not stop.
I guess this is where transdimentional entities come in. As well as ourselves being able to use transdimentional technology or knowledge. Ghosts; Aliens; Unknowns; very often claimed that they come slipping through the cracks of dimentions. Plausable because some time lines may only have a timeline shift of very minimal inconvienence where that timeline travels so close to the other that it is easily able to conciously enter that realm. Perhaps even physically with a higher state of conciousness.
Currently the Steven Greer photo of the ET on CSETI is getting alot of negative attention because of this. The photograph is of a transdimentional being. They travel in a conciousness between dimentions and between time-space. Where they are very aware of another conciousness trying to contact it, and in defense it travels where it cannot be seen. The image depicted on CSETI shows that during a mass meditation gathering envokes a good presence among transdimentional ET's allowing them to consider coming into that dimention where they can be seen. The photograph is of one of those beings showing itself and moving through the group.

I'm not sure how far I should go with this reply so I will go ahead and stop here.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Its very true. The Stephen Greer photo is getting a great deal of negative attention. All in spite of Rees saying that invisible aliens could be right next to you.

posted on Mar, 19 2010 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I saw your thread and it got me thining about whats been going on with me for the last 2 months. This might sound a bit odd but let me explain.
Every night inthe last two months when I go to sleep and begint he dream cycle I appear what looks like my normal waking world that I exist in now.
Except there are a few things out of place. I'm always in 3rd person so I can see everything around me and even interact with others.
The thing is my dad passed away in 2008, and in several of these places hes alive, some hes the same age he was before he died. Some hes young, along with all my relatives which have also died. There all young, happy, and talking. Living there lives. Talking with me. Its all rather odd. Then I remember I'm dreaming. Or maybe its something else. First I just put it up to dreaming , but after 2 months of this every night, I'm geting the feeling that its not a dream. But possibly I'm the one which has somehow, visiting other earths, that are taking up the same place.
A few nights ago I ran into myself. Talk about a shock. I remember reading somewhere I think enstien said if you ever met yourself you have a paradox. Well not only did I meet myself and we looked the same, I went ahead and gave myself a hug. I wanted to see if we both would emplode. And well nothing happened, we talked, we laughed, it was a sunny day. Then I woke up feeling peacful.
Like I said this is a bit odd of what Ive been expriencing. If anyone has any idea if i'm visiting a parrell earth , or any other thoughts feel free you give me your insights.
Am off to bed now, being here its almost 3 am.
Thanks for the thread OP.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join