It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspended animation coming to life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Suspended animation coming to life

news.yahoo.com

A gas proven deadly in chemical weapons could one day be used to put people into life-saving suspended animation.

Biochemist Mark Roth found that hydrogen sulfide in bonds in spots in bodies that would usually be occupied by oxygen, ostensibly becoming a sort of dimmer switch for metabolism.

"We did it with a mouse; this was cosmic," Roth said. "We found a way to do this with a mammal. All you had to do was put it in room temperature and it was no worse for the wear. Roth's lab has completed early phase human trials but hasn't actually tried the process in a person.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.wired.com

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Just a snippet of an article really but the implications are, to me, astounding. Suspended animation could be a gateway to the stars and its uses in emergency life saving procedures could save countless lives.

It often strikes me that the most important of discoveries are revealed in a most unassuming manor. Time will tell.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I am not sure if I am right but havent they shown that H2S damages the human brain?? Anyone know if this is true?

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
All I know is that I work around Hydrogen Sulfide and let me tell you all something, It WILL kill you.

It is odorless when pure, and smells like rotten eggs when introduced to oxygen. I have smelled it a few times, and ran like a bat out of **&*.
From what I know, inhalation for more than 10 seconds will end your life.

Don't want to mess with that stuff.

top topics

join