It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Modern Art Idiocy

page: 54
<< 51  52  53   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot
I firmly believe that some modern art is sold for huge amounts for the purpose of money-laundering.

I also believe that something that is called "art" that needs an explanation is not art but the interpretation of thoughts through that explanation and the artwork in question is irrelevant.

People who "rave" about modern art and go to great lengths to intellectualise it are usually living in self made bubbles where ignorance is bliss and snobbery usually rules the day.

Here's some modern art for you:
----------------------
----------------------
I call this piece "thumb up snobs ass" and it represents the ignorant opinions of a dillusioned mind (20 grand ono)

[edit on 14/2/2010 by nerbot]

that is one of the funniest comments I have seen on this website. Thanks! be my friend.
I'll buy that piece.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Skyfloating

Couldn't agree more...

Take for example this garbage from this Picasso character. It's Obvious the man has no talent and probably wont go anywhere with his doodling and scratchings Sheeeesh!
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dcf972b9b2a9.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e6b885f49bb2.jpg[/atsimg]

I know what I like.
It's not always whats popular or perceived as "cultured"

I'm not a big fan of most Modern Art, Picasso included, but at least he has something there to look at rather than paint samples that you could see at the mecca of modern art Home Depot that some "artists" do.

you're effin stupid if you think Picasso didn't have some talent. look at his early paintings, pre blue period. be amazed

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Holy # the equals sign was amazing.

What a load of horse cock. These people are #ing stupid. This is why the world is complete and utter bull#.

Forget my language but its appropriate.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
Holy # the equals sign was amazing.

What a load of horse cock. These people are #ing stupid. This is why the world is complete and utter bull#.

Forget my language but its appropriate.

But how can I ever forget the ferocious impact of your post? Its passion is amplified by a powerful triad of horse genitalia, fornication and bovine excrement.

Installation art; wherever one finds it.

posted on Aug, 13 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2c18e64f08ea.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/383bc3d5494c.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/829c9482edc1.jpg[/atsimg]

Or am I missing something? Am I ignorant? Do I "not have the eye for fine art"?

...So because someone paints "bold stripes" in bright colours he is an important painter? I did those paintings in Kindergarden....

....To me these paintings are so obviously nothing special that I have speculated as to whether there is some kind of Conspiracy to make a Mockery of the populace by paying reverence and mind-bogglingly large sums of money to mundane smears of paint.

Please, could someone out there help me and show me what exactly Im missing?

Forgive my saying so... but since you asked: I would not exactly call you ignorant about this, but I would agree with the other statement-- you don't have an eye for fine art. At least, not the way I see it.

And to be fair, I kind of see your point. I always have. Though I probably thought more like you when I was younger, it is still somewhat amazing that people will rant and rave over and pay millions of dollars for some abstract "blobs of color," that seemingly a kindergartener could have painted. However:

1- Notice the highlighted word above. I have seen young children paint blobs of color. None of them have ever looked quite like the above. These may look like almost minimalistic splotches of paint, however, I can tell those colors were blended and textured very carefully. Skillfully.

2- While I'm not always a big fan of abstract art like this, these pieces immediately evoked an emotional response from me, and the response that resonated was something dark, sad. I knew those "smears of paint" were made by a very depressed individual. All of that came across to me instantly-- in a few "smears of paint."

3- To convey that kind of emotion with a few colors and minimalist shapes, alone, is a somewhat impressive feat, IMHO. I'd like to see you try it.

4- Also, and this is important: Art, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Hmmm...where to put this, where to put this...

Italian cleaning woman throws away modern art she believed to be biscuit crumbs

For you Sky - a gift

Validation?

:-)

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53   >>

join