It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Jailed For Cartoons Of Children

page: 23
<< 20  21  22   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Its a thread necro that is 5 years old, but after reading through most of the ignorance here styled along the lines of "Allowing children to be used for sexual gratification in any form, or condoning it in any way is the one greatest offense mankind can perpetuate against it's own species", i just felt the need to reply.

There is one single thing you need to understand. Not more and not less: The story is about a victim-less crime and is the very definition of thought crimes.
Every each con comment i have read on these pages repeats the same thing: I find it gross, i have a bad opinion of it, it "glorifies the actual deed" (what the hell that even means i have absolutely no idea).
Point being: On the con side, there was, is and never will be any feasible argument against these kind of things.
What you think of other people's thoughts is your business, nobody should be held accountable because of your opinion about thoughts and fantasies whether they are about sexual preferences, religion, cupcake baking or pants sewing.

The justice system is there to punish crimes, not your taste, preference and imagination. If you cant grasp this much, you do not belong in any kind of rational conversation or society. Please take a ticket to North Korea and enjoy a justice system based almost solely on thought crimes, where having a different type of hair cut recommended by the system (not a joke) is viewed as an attack against the system.

Finally: Cartoons and/or media about violence do not make violence more likely to happen. Dot. Pedophile cartoons wont create pedophiles and do not glorify real world child molestation which IS and SHOULD BE a crime.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Atma123
Its a thread necro that is 5 years old, but after reading through most of the ignorance here styled along the lines of "Allowing children to be used for sexual gratification in any form, or condoning it in any way is the one greatest offense mankind can perpetuate against it's own species", i just felt the need to reply.

There is one single thing you need to understand. Not more and not less: The story is about a victim-less crime and is the very definition of thought crimes.
Every each con comment i have read on these pages repeats the same thing: I find it gross, i have a bad opinion of it, it "glorifies the actual deed" (what the hell that even means i have absolutely no idea).
Point being: On the con side, there was, is and never will be any feasible argument against these kind of things.
What you think of other people's thoughts is your business, nobody should be held accountable because of your opinion about thoughts and fantasies whether they are about sexual preferences, religion, cupcake baking or pants sewing.

The justice system is there to punish crimes, not your taste, preference and imagination. If you cant grasp this much, you do not belong in any kind of rational conversation or society. Please take a ticket to North Korea and enjoy a justice system based almost solely on thought crimes, where having a different type of hair cut recommended by the system (not a joke) is viewed as an attack against the system.

Finally: Cartoons and/or media about violence do not make violence more likely to happen. Dot. Pedophile cartoons wont create pedophiles and do not glorify real world child molestation which IS and SHOULD BE a crime.

It's degenerate.

I don't think these people should be sent to prison but the "Artwork" should definitely be destroyed at every opportunity.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I didn't see this thread originally and feel compelled to reply now.

It is always dangerous to limit speech, and people will always disagree on where the lines should be drawn. We have many conflicts around sex and gender that will only be worked out by facing them and talking about them. We are a somewhat intelligent species living in a modern society that is also effected by millenniums of evolution. That has left us with ghosts of the past that we will be dealing with for probably many more generations.

My ex-wife was abused by her step father in her mid teens and was very (i would claim hyper) sensitive to the issue. My relationship with our daughter was always scrutinized, and our relationship is permanently effected. I am nearly 60 she almost 30. I am not much of a touching person anyway and hugs between us are usually uncomfortable. She has no relationship with her mother.

I see our relationship reflected in society as a whole. Men are often suspect and it drives a wedge between us all. This is the harm that comes from going to far in the other direction.

I don't claim to know the answers or where the line should be drawn but I strongly caution against over reactions that cause harm of their own.

posted on Dec, 5 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: OhOkYeahIt's degenerate.

Yes, and thats an opinion, which is entirely my point: You can be as offended as you want to, in any sane society this shouldnt amount to people being imprisoned.
Just realize the nature of the question.
Crime should be punished, a child molester/rapist should be punished, people who view cartoons however no matter how much you dislike them, are outraged by them, find them disgusting, seven colours of degenerate or what the **** ever: It should not carry any consequence because there is no crime, no victim, no nothing. Only a bunch of people who are outraged aka: offended.

Being offended should not grant anyone special rights or privileges. Its a "grow the **** up issue".
Pedophilia is just one of those words which makes people go medieval, seek out the nearest window and throw their brains out of it full force.
Rather than these cartoons, im disgusted by how humanity and society is still the same 20'000 year old pile of dung: Never thinking, only a lynching mob.

new topics

top topics

<< 20  21  22   >>

join