It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shocking: New Zealand and Australia are out of their place on the map

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by HeardTheOwl

It wa never there. I lived in the North west Australia area, and if any of you people have ever been too New Zealand, you would understand the difference in climate, flora and fauna....which simply proves that New Zealand could not have been there.

Check out the Australian map in between Sydney and Brisbane. You will notice that New Zealand perfectly fits into that space as it was when pangea broke up millions of years ago.

Wow, suggestive thinking has gone crazy on ATS lately!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Wow, suggestive thinking has gone crazy on ATS lately!!!

OMG.

Welcome to the club.
Now you know how I feel half the time.

[edit on 13-2-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Well being born and put through high school in NZ then moving to Aus for the good part of my life. I'd say that your having memory failure.

Aus/NZ have always been where they are, Oh, and that point thing your talking about. Its called Queensland.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I remember there was a time that the US wasn't even on the world map!

Then I realised it was a dream and I woke up in tears.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
So New Zealand is the island on LOST!?!?! Thanks for ruining the last season....

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I'm american and I am evidently also from the timeline where NZ was NW of AUS and Aus and NZ were surrounded by large expanses of water with nothing near them. The shift had to have occurred sometime after the release of crocodile dundee as I remember it being that way at that time. Of course to those native to this timeline it has always been where it is now.

I also remember nelson mandela being assassinated in my timeline, and billy graham died and there was a big controversy as his son tried to take over his ministry, and of all people, Ernest borgnine was dead. Of course years later, mandela was alive and being released from prison, and graham and borgnine were both alive. Somehow some of us have shifted timelines or something.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   
New Zealand has not moved. It sounds like some people here are remembering the map from Risk and thinking that it was correct.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedeadtruth
I was in the N.Z. Navy in the 80s and trust me, everything is still in the same place.

But you are right to some degree, if I am not mistaken N.Z. is moving North by 4 inches a year. So if you come back on in the year 2000010, we will have shifted enough to make a new thread.

That gets a thumbs up from me.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
wait.. aren't us aussies supposed to be upside down? Maybe maps were printed with the southern hemisphere printed that way based on that theory. That would explain NZs position and the top of Australia being so far from anything else. Or if this is actually a timeline change that made these land masses move around it could possibly be that others are moving and poor Australia and NZ are getting crowded in. I like looking at all possibilities and I do come from a land downunder

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeAndAware

K- yeah I thought Billy Grahm was dead too and he son messed it all up. I just wiki'd it and I guess he is alive?
Also thought Mandella was dead, isn't that what South Africa Rallied around for open elections?

This is all too frustrating.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LastStandingMan
There are people like me that have always remembered and still think vividly that NZ is located on the left side/to the northwest of Australia. Then there is Australia, which should be in the middle of nowhere, just a lot of blue water all around it and far away from other land masses (except for NZ on its left side).

Errrrrr

New Zealand has always been where it is....I have seen a map from the 50's which shows that new Zealand is in its current position. Also last time I went to New Zealand I flew east, not north west, and Im sure being from the west coast, I wouldve realised if New Zealdn had moved

By the way, this thread is hilarious

Lmao, isnt it..
I was all about to go on a joke-rant about how Australia must have got drunk and woke up somewhere else again, etc.. but the thread itself is far more funny

Ahhh.. hear that you kiwis, get back up north!!!! and stay there!!

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LastStandingMan

Oh please can you work out the quote system, I cant tell what youre saying in reply to who you're saying it to.

Oo

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
This is where I have to thank the OP. We at ATS are forever more dumber for this thread lol. Just kiddin but really did you think the whole world just missed that movement? Did you start drinking heavily when you thought OMG the whole island is on the other side?

I thought upon seeing this thread that the monster earthquake had made them move a little bit more than we know of, not that they moved a thousand miles lol.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation:
Very interesting! S&F!

YOU DONT NEED TO EXPLAIN THAT... ARGH!!!

I live in Australia [OL is an Aussie by birth] and NZ has ALWAYS been to the SE of the EASTERN coast of Australia [and still is!] FOR ME!

But if the Timeline has changed or even MERGED with another timeline then yes what you say could be true from the POV of someone who was from another timeline where NZ was to the NW of Australia.

Most Kiwi's that I know of 1st moved from NZ to Bondi beach, which is in Sydney in NSW and on the EAST coast of Australia because it was super close to NZ. I've heard jokes about them being able to see it on the horizon when the sun rises!
:shk:

I compared Google Earth with my 1983 Britannica Atlas book and it was PERFECTLY the same as I have always known it.

This is not to say that the timeline hasn't changed and that NZ and or Australia havent moved dramatically. I'm just giving my very limited POV on this issue OK.

Stay over east, I feel more secure.. but you are right here, at least...

Why are you not some deranged nederlander with psychosis the way you post.

Personal Disclosure: I'd love to see some Atlas pictures of NZ to the NW of Australia as that would freaking blow my mind hardcore.

Just say it.. JUST SAY IT...

I have no idea why you irritate me so much... bah.. I often enjoy kooky things.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Oh, come'on I clearly knows where Canada is down there. Matter of factly I remembered that they were still trucking snow south for the olympics. Then you gots all those peoples coming downs from Mexico.

(Sorry couldn't resist)

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ha`la`tha

Originally posted by LastStandingMan
There are people like me that have always remembered and still think vividly that NZ is located on the left side/to the northwest of Australia. Then there is Australia, which should be in the middle of nowhere, just a lot of blue water all around it and far away from other land masses (except for NZ on its left side).

Errrrrr

New Zealand has always been where it is....I have seen a map from the 50's which shows that new Zealand is in its current position. Also last time I went to New Zealand I flew east, not north west, and Im sure being from the west coast, I wouldve realised if New Zealdn had moved

By the way, this thread is hilarious

Lmao, isnt it..
I was all about to go on a joke-rant about how Australia must have got drunk and woke up somewhere else again, etc.. but the thread itself is far more funny

Ahhh.. hear that you kiwis, get back up north!!!! and stay there!!

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

its the most plausable theory so far

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chance321
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Oh, come'on I clearly knows where Canada is down there. Matter of factly I remembered that they were still trucking snow south for the olympics. Then you gots all those peoples coming downs from Mexico.

(Sorry couldn't resist)

LOL

Thanks that gave me a good laugh

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by just theory

Actually there is

1. If New Zealanders were north west of WA, they would have darker skin

2. If it was there, then it wouldnt have fit perfectly into the east coast of Australia, as it did when Pangae broke up millions of years ago

3. The timeline would have had to have changed thousands of years ago for every single world map to be incorrect

4. The kiwi bird would not exist

None of that is something a time shifter could argue for or against, you're still dealing with their memories which is just as bad as their beliefs like proving god does or doesn't exist, i don't get what you mean with your 3rd point, a person shifting between time lines is different to what you're talking about.

Then what you're arguing is that the ones who "know" of this change are the ones responsible, at least in part, for it. Because, why would some people be aware of this and not others. Would it be because only those with knowledge of both, would be aware?

Far out, people just dont know where Aus/NZ is... and it's now a timeline matrix quirk..

"Excuse me sir, Can point point to New Zealand on a map?"

"Sure I can, There it is..."

"No, that's the wrong side.. try again!"

"Uhh Yeah it is, Im sure it is.. Maybe your timeline has changed now!!"

Oo

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by M3T4LH34D

I can only speak for myself!! And it is Sunday afterall

haha

new topics

top topics