It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A lizard in my room, really.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
um i dont think lizzards eat lettuce.. try some peas and beans, cut the beans the same size as the peas. rule of thumb with feeding lizzards, the food should be no bigger than the space between there eyes. and some lizzards dont drink water unless they can see it moving/running, so make sure the peas and beans are wet.
hope this helps

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   
A cricket walked right into him and he didn't eat it. The lizard kept jumping to kick it off and adjust his position. Everytime he jumped he was so fast it made me jump. I don't know if he has already eaten or what. I was told one of those crickets would last him a week. They are tiny tiny too. There is no way to make the water run in the box and I didn't think they ate peas, but I could crack open one of my "emergency canned goods" and take one out easily. Hope it warms up soon
poor guy might have a better chance of survival in that barbecue recipe, but that's too much butter until he gets bigger.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Don't kill it! That might be David Icke in shape-shifted form.

There's no spiritual significance. He was going to die outside in the cold so he came in where it was warm. End of story. Lizards eat lots of nasty bugs including cockroaches, so they're our friends, not our enemies.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I had a lizard come out of a hole in the wall and jump on the carpet. I opened the door and the lizard went outside. It's true that lizards eat bugs. Free pest control.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
You realize a lizard in the house is as common as a mouse in the house right? Would somebody make a thread when they see a mouse in their basement? I don't think so.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Zsaqulz78th

If they thought it could be significant, yes. And it makes a good story and I wanted to see what people would say to do with it. At least the post has funny responses, some practical advice, and some spiritual advice from 1 person. There has never been one in this house before. People act like you can't go to the post office without hearing someone in line talk about a lizard in their house. Everytime something crosses your path, it reminds you of something. Lizards are supposed to remind us to remember our dreams and look inside of ourselves according to Native American medicine. From now on whenever I see one, I will be reminded of that. What a waste of time!

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Novise

No. I have never heard anybody talk about finding a mouse, lizard, insect, anything in their house before. I didn't realize people had such boring conversations like that and this surprises me a lot. You people much be much much older than myself if you find that worth your time.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
EEK... dont let the cricket near it
crickets will eat out the lizzards eyes.

[edit on 14/2/10 by Whateva69]

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Its winter there right...lizards hibernate
he could sleep for weeks at a time.

Our bearded dragon sleeps for roughly 6 weeks at a time then wakes for a quick feed the falls into slumber again,
it scares me and i if he sleeps longer than 4 weeks, I’m there patting him till he slowly opens his eyes gives me a dirty look and falls back to sleep

and he is a fussy eater, he likes woodies, melee worms , peas, beans and some fruit. and our female dragon all she wanted was mango’s and strawberry’s

they get fresh food and water everyday, bugs about every 4th day, but all lizards are diffrent eaters, depends on there personality.

goodluck with him and hopefully he will leave when the weather warms up and be back next winter

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
lol. This is a funny thread. I have lizards in my house often.

I move plants in and out, and they hitch a ride in on those. They are friends to gardeners, they eat insects, such as aphids on rose bushes, and other small insects.

I generally find a small bowl with a lid, put it over them, scoop them up and take them right back outside. They will try to come back in if they can, sometimes.

They have places to live outside you know....his family has wintered outside before or he wouldn't be around.

Let him go. He'll go home.

Signals!!!! There is no reason to ever kill a lizard. They are cute, and help in the lawn and garden. I can't believe you said that.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
This may sound silly but shoot it with a rubber band. That's how they catch them in the wild. Just snap it with a rubber band. It won't hurt it, only stun it. What you do after that is up to you. If it was me that found it, I wouldn't kill it.

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Do not shoot it with a rubber band or anything else!

Different breeds of lizards require different care. Did you find out what kind of lizard it is?

posted on Feb, 14 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crito
Don't kill it! That might be David Icke in shape-shifted form.

In that case, can I kill it?

Seriously, just let it be.....Ive lived with heaps of lizards when I was in the tropics, they get rid of spiders, flies and moths for you

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I'm glad someone said to let him go, cause I let him go yesterday when it was the most sunny. It was like 45 degrees. I could wait till it gets to 60 one lucky day then it could snow a few days later for all I know. I felt he'd be better off out there.

He let me pick up the leaf he was sitting on with him on it and set him down on the ground. He just sat in the sun for 10-15 minutes. I thought "You dummy a bird will get you!" Finally a big breeze came, that startled him a little. Then another big breeze came and he jumped up on the plants, climbing and jumping from limb to limb. Then he got further away, I got distracted and lost him.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

If you just leave it inside how does it get water? This is what I don't understand. I think it could find bugs but not sure about water. I figured it would dehydrate to death. Would have loved to do that, maybe excepting I could accidentally step on him in the dark.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Novise

lizards dont need much water, our lizard hardly ever drinks, he maily uses his fresh water suply as a toilet lol
if he gets to hot we put him under the tap. just dont wet there ears, they hate that. our lizards also like to sit on a cold wet cloth/face washer. yes he is spoilt

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I just want to know, why do lizards get such a bad rap? It seems more often than not they're associated with everything negative from the serpent in the Garden of Eden and more currently with the alleged Reptilian Aliens some Abductees have claimed to meet.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Reptilian_Queen

I guess I would have put them in that category before this happened. Once you think about it, they really don't deserve a bad rap do they? They try to stay out of the way, don't make any noise, eat and drink very little. Can't poison you or bite you the little ones at least. What they eat is usually a bug or a noisy cricket!

Some reptiles are downright nasty but I think anyone could get used to lizards.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

Oh keep it warm and safe maybe someone will return the favor to you someday.
Name it Harvey or better yet Oz.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Eat that badboy and gain its strength, most animals tend to stay away from those dark brown almost black crickets, they have a horrible taste, maybe it was a Green Anole? Green Anole

[edit on 15-2-2010 by milkmustache]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join