It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A lizard in my room, really.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I was just sitting on the end of my bed, sort of meditating, contemplating, sort of just sitting there. Then over a pile of clothes I see something moving. It's a green lizard! It didn't startle me when I saw it. It's still close by moving slow, I don't think I can catch it without hurting it so I'm still deciding whether to try anything or not. I tried to tempt it with a piece of lettuce and tiny piece of turkey meat, it could at least get water off of the lettuce leaf at least but didn't try.

I am in a basement and it probably came in when I left the door open, maybe because of the especially cold weather.

But I googled "Spiritual significance of Lizards" some sites say it's importance of remembering dreams, death/resurrection, search for awareness, also to be careful of trusting others and possibly a bad omen.

When I think of animal spirits I think of eagles, bears, wolves, etc. I would have never thought the lizard would be a good symbolic animal for myself a lot of us on here.

Any advice on what to do? I left the lettuce where he can get to it... Should I catch him and free him, catch him and keep him, or leave him alone? Or... slay him
any advice is welcome but I don't think I will kill him now, lol.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

Maybe it was meant to be that you saw that thing.
Ask for divine protection, nevertheless.
I always pray for my guardian angels when I'm scared, it ALWAYS works.

If there are dark forces around, then there are also light forces.
Everything must bow to Love.
Light scares the wicked.
Show him who's the boss.

[edit on 12-2-2010 by _SilentAssassin_]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Kill it.

All lizards and snakes must die.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Call your local herpetological society and ask them. They should be able to help.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Nah keep it...

Should also snap a pic of it and post it...maybe there are some fellow ATS'ers that can classify the species for you.

I say keep it because I was working in an apartment complex and happened upon an Iguana that I presume escaped from it's person. However I am in Florida and they're becoming more and more prevalent in the wild, probably from pet owners releasing them for one reason or another. The one that I found was quite a challenge to catch. Once I got it home and purchased all the necessary stuff for it, it acclimated quite nicely and was rather tame. It would high five me for Strawberries and Hibiscus Flowers (a delectable treat for Iguanas).

It was a fun pet and was quite a conversation piece. Alas, it followed through with it's initial plans of escape in the end. Came home one day and it was gone, no note or anything

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Lizards and Snakes make great pets. Post a picture of it, i might be able to ID it for you. (having owned many lizards and snakes myself) Or just take it outside and let it loose.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
They're cold blooded, dont put it outside... if anything try to find a herpatologist/zoo associate or something...

Shouldnt be hard to catch, I used to be a little Steve Irwin. Ya take a picture maybe we can identify what it is!

I doubt its your spirit guide. I would be suspicious if my spirit guide turned up under my laundry after being in a car insurance commercial.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I want to let it out but there's snow on the ground and I think it could freeze if it doesn't find somewhere warm to stay.

I do have a decision coming up that is spiritual in scope, it's crazy because according to one site I'll quote:

from www.manataka.org...

"The psychic characteristics inherent in the lizard teaches those with this medicine how to awaken their own abilities by making choices that honor every part of ones life. When lizard appears it signifies a need to go within and analyze your present reality and once done, move with confidence and conviction out into the world of new beginnings. "

"One power of the lizard is its ability to escape from danger by leaving its tail behind and growing another. When lizard slithers into your life, it may mean a need to move quickly to avoid danger and be prepared to leave something behind. "

from www.manataka.org...

I have been helping with something I am needed in at times but my heart is not fully in it, I have had a feeling I needed to pull back from it this weekend at least, and help out at other times I feel more comfortable with the situation.

Basically it's a Christian endeavor and I am helping a true Christian, I don't want the people he caters to to ask me about my beliefs (Big edit: no really I think they will ask me the story of how I was "saved" or am I and then it's ummm), they won't like them even though I don't really disagree with Christianity, they will disagree with me. I could hurt the program which I really think a lot of.

edit: sorry I also do not have a way to take a picture. It's about as bright green as a lizard or snake will ever get.

[edit on 12-2-2010 by Novise]

[edit on 12-2-2010 by Novise]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
The reptilian invasion has started.

Turn on the air conditioning, it will slow them down. I also heard that they don't like Nana Mouskouri, so find her greatest hits and put it on. I will be right over.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
If you buy into "spirit animals" or "power animals" you may want to look into the significance of Lizards. BTW I had the same thing happen to me about a week ago and had the same thoughts you did lol (almost made a thread). You might be interested in the links I attached...If not interested maybe mildly entertained.

Oh and I think you should let the little guy go.

Link
Link

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Ahhh, Lizard medicine. Powerful yet simple.

Your dreams and meditations are and are going to continue to be powerful and meaningful in the near future. Keeping a journal is a good idea during this time. You should try to be a still and quiet as you can, when your opportunity arises, jump at it without hesitation. Let all regrets about the past go, for they no longer serve you during this next cycle in your life. Be very careful who you talk about your spiritual practices to. Lizard knows not all men will give you the support you need in your spiritual evolution.

Trust your own intuition above everyone else's during this visionary phase.

[edit on 13-2-2010 by ToHoldaPigeon]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Novise

G'day Novise

Was it this guy?

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 13-2-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ToHoldaPigeon

Thanks for this advice ToHoldaPigeon: To be still and quiet as I can, and not trust others (close by) with my practices/beliefs for now. I will take it in along with what I was already going to do.

@electricveins: Glad to see you had a similar experience. It's nothing too far out but it can be enough to make you think, depending on your attitude at the time the little guy shows up.

He is gone now, probably hidden somewhere in the house. After I thought about the situation coming up I went to see him again and he was gone. I left some water for him. I have pulled back from the situation troubling me, it's not really a big deal, but yeah.

@silentAssassin: Thanks for that, it's what got me really thinking that maybe there was something specific I maybe should be paying attention to.

Lots of funny posts lol and the youtube video LOL.

As for what comes next... to be still and quiet for a while, and record my dreams, and try to see if there is any meaning in them.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
"G"Day Wies Ones,

The Lizard is some bodys pet, put it in a box set up a lamp next to the poor thing to keep it warm. Pet shops sell live crickets and meal worms for lizards, any way it should be hibernating at this time of the year over there, thats why I think it's a Pet......

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
He/She is captured and has water and tiny crickets to eat. I found him again today after that last post. He was so still, I thought he was dead. But we caught him. If he is someones pet he travelled a long way. I can let him go once it gets in the 60s with sunshine.

[edit on 13-2-2010 by Novise]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Lizards geckos, etc entering homes is very common in many parts of the US, and I assume parts of other countries as well. It doesn't mean anything more than the simple fact that the reptile discovered a way to enter your place of residence and then entered. When a fly buzzes in through an open door or window, you surely don't believe it to be an angel or a spirit I would hope. These occurrences happen to folks so often that it seems absurd to assume spirit or any supernatural activity relating to it.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I don't think it's supernatural. I said he probably came in when I left the door open. I was more or less meditating when I saw him, and when you are meditating you are open to what you notice. I was in a very patient place and decided to see what I could learn from the lizard. Come to find out like all animals the Native Americans have meanings for the lizard as well, and various dream symbols, new agey symbolism.

This isn't supernatural, but I did have something coming up, and if this didn't happen I would probably have been dragging my feet through it. Sometimes it takes the tiniest thing for some of us to make a change.

Spirituality isn't about looking for the supernatural. If a moth of some kind was noticed lazily floating out of the corner of my eye, I may have looked into it, or at least thought about it or appreciated it, I've done that once at least appreciating it. Timing is part of it too, if you feel any connection to the world and you try to listen to yourself, sometimes things that happen will make you think.

[edit on 13-2-2010 by Novise]

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

BAR-B-QUE LIZARD ON GRILL

COOKING SAUCE:

1 stick butter
1 c. vinegar
Little water
1 firm Lizard

Melt butter in small saucepan and add vinegar and water. Bring to boil. Brush on Lizard and wrap in aluminum foil. You can wrap 2 or 3 pieces together if small. Put on rack on charcoal grill and steam until tender, approximately 1 hour. Remove foil and baste wit bar-b-que sauce, leaving them on grill until browned.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
If it were me, I would keep it. Go to a reptile forum to learn all you can, proper set up, food, heat, etc.
Good luck! Get a picture!

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Leave it

Its probably inside because its warmer

Slayer, you crack me up

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join