It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christian Sacked(fired) For Wearing Cross Loses Appeal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed
On monday I'm gonna turn up to work wearing a hijab covered in crosses, a phylactery on my head, some Stars of David, gotta fit a turban in there somewhere, a sahri and some henna tattoos.... That will show the boss!! Screw the dress code!! But seeing as I am my own boss, then my protest will be a bit mute.. However anyone who wants to work for me, no matter what ethnicity or religion you come from you can wear what you bloody like!! I don't care..
But if you dont get your work done I shall kick your ass!! Thats all any employer should care about!

Luv yer style & attitude !! That's cool and hot and that's how it should be

Second line.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

I even have a couple of star of david piercings in special places and if people get offended if they see those then they can get the hell out of my bedroom

Any chance of deciding for myself if it's offensive to me or not, in the interest of religious study of course ?

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

If that avatar pic is of you...then frankly you can come to work for me in goatsblood and carrying a literal cross and your job would be secure...

you know...you look like you would be a good typist..or something...erm..hmm *cough*

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

LOL
I doubt very much if that is her, surely no one that good looking would put their pic up and run the risk of endless meaningless responses from men (or women) with tongues to their knees ?

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
So it is offensive to wear a cross on christmas day as it offends muslims,jews,pagans,hindus, athiests ect.
Catch a Taxi in any country and sooner or later you will be driven by a person wearing a turbin.
Look up the cab companies dress code and you will see only approved hats with the company logo should be worn.
But if this rule is enforced , the cabbies of the non christian faiths cry persecution.
The reason this person wearing a cross was persecuted was because no one gives a fig about their history or own culture, we in the West have been dictated to by others for decades,these rulers are not elected nor identified, but Gold has always been the God of Lawmakers.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
She’s has the right to were that cross, it is a freedom of expression. Everyone here pat yourself on the back you are advocating someone losing their rights, because it doesn’t fit into your beliefs system....

Last time I checked this was still America and you could pretty much do what you want as long as you were not hurting anyone. And her wearing a cross does not hurt anyone. If that’s the case all Jewelry needs to be banned.

You most certainly do not have freedom of expression at the workplace, anywhere. As soon as you clock out, you can wear or say anything you please, but until then, you conform.

It doesn't matter of you're expressing yourself through religion, what you wear or how you act; when you're at work you're expected to wear what you're employer wants, act how they want and engage others in the manner they see fit. If you don't like it don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

It doesn't really sound to me like many of you have a real job or you'd know this by now. Maybe they don't care at the grocery store or at McDonalds but in a business environment, no dice.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

I will have you know that I am a very good typist lol.. But you can come work for me instead.... I could do with a guy around the office...

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by moocowman

Im sure your missus would love THAT!! Lol..

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Its me, and yes I am used to you guys..... I kinda like the attention actually.. I am agirl after all... Guys hardly ever approach me in real life.. They think i'm a bit scary... Pussies!!!!

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

it's amazing what a couple of intersecting lines can do to a person's
perspective, isn't it? i remember thinking that people put entirely too much
focus on symbols and that they are merely geometric patterns. but i think where this entire thing grows legs is what it means to the viewer.
lady knows if she can touch yeshua's cloak, she'll be healed.
guy knows the water when mixed with mud and spit, will cure his blindness. lol it's not thing that has power, it's the viewer that gives it power.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I will have you know that I am a very good typist lol.. But you can come work for me instead.... I could do with a guy around the office...

I prefer slacking off while I am boss verses slacking off while someone else is boss...mostly because I only threaten to fire myself once a week max...however, if you can offer more vacation days than I offer myself, then I might consider slacking off for you part time...but I want vacation days up front!

(pretty sure this thread is over btw...erm....who won?)

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Its me, and yes I am used to you guys..... I kinda like the attention actually.. I am agirl after all... Guys hardly ever approach me in real life.. They think i'm a bit scary... Pussies!!!!

DIBS!

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by kawacat

No, because she refused to adhere to the company dress code and kept trying to breach her contract.

I wish people would pay attention.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by ZombieOctopus

it's amazing what a couple of intersecting lines can do to a person's
perspective, isn't it? i remember thinking that people put entirely too much
focus on symbols and that they are merely geometric patterns. but i think where this entire thing grows legs is what it means to the viewer.
lady knows if she can touch yeshua's cloak, she'll be healed.
guy knows the water when mixed with mud and spit, will cure his blindness. lol it's not thing that has power, it's the viewer that gives it power.

It doesn't matter what the symbol means, it can be an ampersand on the chain, if your employer says no, then no.

The point is that the lady suing here, and a lot of the posters here, are missing is that you surrender many of your rights when you clock into work, that's just the way it is. Whether you're expressing yourself through the cross, a neon purple mow-hawk, or a tattoo that says "mom" on your neck, work isn't the place for it. You go to work to work, not express your inner most feelings and beliefs.

If you're employer says you wear a suit, tie, no visible tattoos or jewelery in the workplace, you do it, or you get fired.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Too bad for the dumboz
Maybe you need to relocate (to a diff country perhaps)

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

Trouble is with a lot of christians is that they do not realise that they are disobeying G-d when wearing a cross.. Or Crosses in church or especially the catholic church with its many icons and idols because HaShem forbid us to have engraven images... They become a lucky charm that takes away our focus from Him to a trinket... We are to "wear G-d" in other words just love on folks.. As Yeshua commanded.. Just simply to love and "they will know you" by it.... My Lord is no longer on the cross.. However I do wear them not because they define me.. But to be as un PC as I can at every opportunity

G-d knows I love Him... Even when I'm naughty...

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kawacat

Only in America ....what?

The lady is from Twickenham, southwest London and she worked at Heathrow Airport, for British Airways.
The whole song and dance happened in the UK.

Edited to modify the tense of the verb "to work".

[edit on 12-2-2010 by jeanvaljean]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jeanvaljean

Glad you said that... I didnt have the heart too

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jeanvaljean

Bugger... Double post ..... Blame the wine xx

[edit on 042828p://f19Friday by Selahobed]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
I am really torn on this one. I guess my problem is not with the cross but that the cross by itself is being used as a determination of a person’s Christianity. I do not believe that just the wearing of a cross is enough to qualify as a Christian.

A belief is having confidence, faith and trust in an idea or a being to the degree that you are willing to commit your loyalty and for some their life to the belief. I cannot see how a piece of jewelry or an item of clothing is a requirement in believing. The right to practice a particular religion is supposed to be protected under the law. Most religions have restrictions and prohibitions. I think that anyone seeking a job where those requirements of the religion conflict with the requirements of the job, and they can not be negotiated, then I do not believe the employer is at fault if the person takes the job knowing that the company is at odds with their religion.

IMHO it is not what a Christian wears on the outside that identifies them as a Christian. It is what they wear on the inside.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join