It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God is good, Jesus is good!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I would like to start off saying that God is not this magical being that goes around waving a magical wand so that your life is perfect in your eyes. That nothing bad can ever happen to you or anyone...first of all God is a Father, our Father. So lets take a natural dad here on earth...you have a
child and the child falls down... do you fix the child's legs so child can never
ever walk again?, I mean child got hurt so we must be a bad parent, right? ...or do we (a) pick
child up kiss the tear away and let the child continue to walk?....(b) depending on
how bad the fall was the parent may just let child get up and walk...but we let the child
walk on his or her own...doing whatever....playing, setting, walking, running, just
whatever...always there watching our child but not always interfering in what our child does....

later our children grow up and we don't interfere at all....till they come to us and ask
us for help or advice. So it is with our Father....He is there when we seek Him...

Matthew 7:7 Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock,
and it shall be opened unto you:

so it is with God...He is not there to see that no one is going to get hurt...we all
get hurt....both Gods people and not Gods people...that is a given. So if its this way in the beginning with heaven and earth and hell how come people expects it to be different now?

Matthew 5:45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

People wants to say if God is good why did my child die? Why is this person born blind, or no limb, etc…
Well if no one ever died then we would be so crowded that we wouldn’t be able to move, would we? Gods world was perfect until imperfection came to it. As you will read, and he did number our days to 120 years.

Genesis 6: 3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

When God created man, He created all.

Genesis 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:
and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air,
and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth
upon the earth. ...

Genesis 2:5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth,
and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth,
and there was not a man to till the ground.
Gen 2:6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.
Genesis 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
Genesis 2:8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
Genesis 2:9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Now when lucifer saw this and was anger that Adam and Eve was worshipping God
he just had to change this.....wanted to angry God for not allowing him and the
other falling ones back into Heaven.....

Genesis 3:5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.

Lucifer left on his own...knowing not too do what he did....and then expected God
to say ah its okay that you turn my creation upside down , destroyed what I did...mate
with all the women, impregnate them with your seed...
come on in take a seat....

No God didn't say that...instead He said....get out...I don't want you here...you destroyed everything...you are a destroyer....get out....so out they went and came back here to continue their destruction...
now those exact words are not in the Bible. I’m just saying that we all know that God didn't allow them to continue as if nothing ever happen.

so they are mad and now they want revenge.....so they start doing manipulation of
Gods world messing with DNA changing things around you have heard of the minotaur ( a half human half bull.) Centaurs (half horse half human) mermaids (half human half fish) etc.....this is not mythology but very important history in my opinion.

And from the falling angels giants were born to the women from the falling ones.

when lucifer and the falling ones came down mated with the women, taught us things
of impureness, things our Father didn't want us to know...same with us now....
a lot of us don't want to teach our children sex or drugs or witchcraft etc...sex we tell them at a certain age...etc....

well lucifer and the rest of the falling angles taught us things our Father was not
ready for us to have...

why? cause it brought war on earth, fighting, killing, raping, witchcraft, drugs,
DNA manipulation, adultery, fornication, etc....things our Father didn't think we needed....

Genesis 6:2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

when the sons of God (falling angels) mated with our human woman...their power was so great that it formed giants in the land...

Genesis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Now the Book of Enoch is even talked about by Jude 1:14 so it is a part of great history that had been left out of our KJV>...however it and tells a lot of missing history or history that is also spoken about in the book of Genesis, but in my opinion goes into greater detail.

Enoch chapter 7
10 Then they took wives, each choosing for himself; whom they began to approach, and with whom they cohabited; teaching them sorcery, incantations, and the dividing of roots and trees.

11 And the women conceiving brought forth giants,

12 Whose stature was each three hundred cubits. These devoured all which the labor of men produced; until it became impossible to feed them;

13 When they turned themselves against men, in order to devour them;

14 And began to injure birds, beasts, reptiles, and fishes, to eat their flesh one after another, and to drink their blood.
15 Then the earth reproved the unrighteous.
Chapter 8

1 Moreover Azazyel taught men to make swords, knives, shields, breastplates, the fabrication of mirrors, and the workmanship of bracelets and ornaments, the use of paint, the beautifying of the eyebrows, the use of stones of every valuable and select kind, and all sorts of dyes, so that the world became altered.

2 Impiety increased; fornication multiplied; and they transgressed and corrupted all their ways.

3 Amazarak taught all the sorcerers, and dividers of roots:

4 Armers taught the solution of sorcery;

5 Barkayal taught the observers of the stars,
6 Akibeel taught signs;

7 Tamiel taught astronomy;

8 And Asaradel taught the motion of the moon,

9 And men, being destroyed, cried out; and their voice reached to heaven.

Chapter 9

1 Then Michael and Gabriel, Raphael, Suryal, and Uriel, looked down from heaven, and saw the quantity of blood which was shed on earth, and all the iniquity which was done upon it, and said one to another, It is the voice of their cries;

2 The earth deprived of her children has cried even to the gate of heaven.

3 And now to you, O you holy one of heaven, the souls of men complain, saying, Obtain Justice for us with the Most High. Then they said to their Lord, the King, You are Lord of lords, God of gods, King of kings. The throne of your glory is for ever and ever, and for ever and ever is your name sanctified and glorified. You are blessed and glorified.

So we humans of the time was crying to God for help...so He did he caused the Great flood of the time.

so where do the evil spirits come from that we have today?

chapter 15 8 Now the giants, who have been born of spirit and of flesh, shall be called upon earth evil spirits, and on earth shall be their habitation. Evil spirits shall proceed from their flesh, because they were created from above; from the holy Watchers was their beginning and primary foundation. Evil spirits shall they be upon earth, and the spirits of the wicked shall they be called. The habitation of the spirits of heaven shall be in heaven; but upon earth shall be the habitation of terrestrial spirits, who are born on earth.

Because of our cries to the Lord He came down to destroy the evil that was upon His land...

Genesis 6:7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

However, Noah and his family had found grace with God and He let His life continue in them.

Genesis 6:8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

Genesis 7: 17 And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth.
18 And the waters prevailed, and were increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark went upon the face of the waters.
19 And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered.
20 Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.
21 And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man
22 All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.
23 And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.
24 And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.

God loved us his children and didn't want to kill us all just cause lucifer brought all this knowledge and sin to us.....because Noah was a just man and yes there are more Noah's in our world. People whom is just and love the Lord and try and do right by Him. Which is why He said this.

Genesis 8:21 And the LORD smelled a sweet savour; and the LORD said in his heart, I will not again curse the ground any more for man's sake; for the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; neither will I again smite any more every thing living, as I have done.

So the Lord made a promise to all mankind that He will never flood our earth again. And put His own bow in the clouds as a remembrance for us all.

Genesis 9 : 13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth.
14 And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud:

So now life continues and time moves on. So God gives a man named Moses only 10 basic laws for to follow.

Exodus 20
3 Thou shalt have no other gods before me.
4 Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
7 Thou shalt not take the name of the LORD thy God in vain; for the LORD will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
8 Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
12 Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
13 Thou shalt not kill.
14 Thou shalt not commit adultery.
15 Thou shalt not steal.
16 Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour.
17 Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's.

Okay now no one can think like God or know His thoughts.

Isaiah 55

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

So none of us can really say why its these ten laws but it is. And if people would think about it they would know that these are very good laws to follow.
I’m sure we all have are own ideas to these laws but here is some of my thinking.
(verse 3) since we do seem to have other gods this is and has been causes of war upon war upon war.
(Verse 4) none of us has seen God so why try and make an image of what you do not know.
(verse7) same with us we do not really care when someone slams our name or put us down constantly.
(verse8) we all need rest, God is saying its okay to rest, so take that one day off and rest and remember me on that day.
(verse 12) we should honour our parents and do our best by them, one day we too just may be a parent and would like for our children to do as we ask.
(verse 13) not good to kill, its simple, don’t lay in wait to murder someone.
(verse 14) adultery brakes up marriages, hurts people extremely bad. And killings have taken place over a jealous husband or wife. Diseases can easily be spread more. Goes on and on with this one.
(verse15) so you own a store trying to make a living but instead everyone comes in and steals off your shelves and not pays you for it. So much for you making your living. Stealing is robbing someone who is trying to make a living.
(verse 16) lies hurts and can harm someone so badly that they move from the town or go to prison or be put to death because someone said a lie about them.
(verse 17) covet = jealously not good to look upon others and start becoming jealous of them this can easily lead to hatred, bitterness, murder, etc.

So now time moves on and towns have been built back up and people are plentiful. And they are all of one language and what happens?
they tried to build a gateway (tower of Babel) to get back into Heaven to take over there.

Now when God saw this he tore it all up and separated them....so they could no longer
continue to build this structure to try and come into His home and cause more havoc....

Genesis 11:1 And the whole earth was of one language, and of one speech.

Genesis 11:2 And it came to pass, as they journeyed from the east, that they found a plain in the land of Shinar; and they dwelt there.

Genesis 11:3 And they said one to another, Go to, let us make brick, and burn them throughly. And they had brick for stone, and slime had they for morter.

Genesis 11:4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven;
and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.

that verse right there tells me they knew that God would scatter them for what they were about to do.

Genesis 11:5 And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.

Genesis 11:6 And the LORD said, Behold, the people is one, and they have all one language;
and this they begin to do: and now nothing will be restrained from them, which they have imagined to do.

Genesis 11:7 Go to, let us go down, and there confound their language, that they may not understand one
another's speech.

Genesis 11:8 So the LORD scattered them abroad from thence upon the face of all the earth:
and they left off to build the city.

Genesis 11:9 Therefore is the name of it called Babel; because the LORD did there confound
the language of all the earth: and from thence did the LORD scatter them abroad upon the face
of all the earth.

okay now why all the wars in the Bible etc...well it seems to me that most all the wars was God helping us rid the land of the Giants the sons of the Giants and the half human half animal.

We cried to Him for his help, and indeed He helped us. How can that be bad? It's not! We should be thankful that we don't have to put up with the giants today. This was not a one time war or David killing one of the last giants...The kings of those days constantly were battling the giants in those days.

Numbers 13:33 And there we saw the giants, the sons of Anak, which come of the giants: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

so you can see how big they were and the people were very afraid..

Numbers 14:1 And all the congregation lifted up their voice, and cried; and the people wept that night.

Numbers 14:2 And all the children of Israel murmured against Moses and against Aaron: and the whole congregation said unto them, Would God that we had died in the land of Egypt! or would God we had died in this wilderness!.....

so after some complaining here we get to God saying how come you don't have the faith after everything i have brought you through....He was trying to tell them it will be okay, but they continue in their disbeliefs and angering God the Father, not listening like most kids do today and you too get upset.

Numbers 14:11 And the LORD said unto Moses, How long will this people provoke me? and how long will it be ere they believe me, for all the signs which I have shewed among them?

Signs He did give and show. Delivering them out of the land of Egypt at the time and making sure they had plenty to eat on their way, etc…but because of their questionings and murmurings in this battle there was some losses...they did not win every battle because they argued with Him instead of having faith. So the battles did continue for a very very long time. King after King had to deal with the giants and the sons of the giants.
Time moved on battles and wars were won and lost but the giants were finally gone. So God wants everyone to know Him, not just the Jews. So He sent the word (Jesus) to us to teach us who He is and what He expects. In hopes to be able to save our souls from what lucifer is doing to them.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

John 1:2 The same was in the beginning with God.

John 1:3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that
whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

John 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world;
but that the world through him might be saved.

John 3:18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth
not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only
begotten Son of God.

we first hear about the Word in the Old Testament... example of bringing the Old Testament and New Testament together...

1 Kings 19:9 And he came thither unto a cave, and lodged there; and, behold, the word of the LORD came to him, and he said unto him, What doest thou here, Elijah?

not only did the Word of the Lord come but also the Spirit and God.

1 Kings 19:11 And he said, Go forth, and stand upon the mount before the LORD. And, behold, the LORD passed by, and a great and strong wind rent the mountains, and brake in pieces the rocks before the LORD; but the LORD was not in the wind: and after the wind an earthquake; but the LORD was not in the earthquake:

and not only did the word come that day and the Lord but also the spirit or Holy Ghost.

1 Kings 19:12 And after the earthquake a fire; but the LORD was not in the fire: and after the fire a still small voice.

John 14:16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

and indeed He has, hasn't He? For its been well over 2000 years and we still are talking about it and remembering it all.

Now Jesus was a just man whom ate and talked to the sinners. Who went around teaching and healing. Jesus was a good man He didn’t harm anyone. So this hatred people still has to this day makes no since at all.

Matthew 4

23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.
24 And his fame went throughout all Syria: and they brought unto him all sick people that were taken with divers diseases and torments, and those which were possessed with devils, and those which were lunatick, and those that had the palsy; and he healed them.
25 And there followed him great multitudes of people from Galilee, and from Decapolis, and from Jerusalem, and from Judaea, and from beyond Jordan.

His news traveled fast and people knew what He could do.
Matthew 8
1 When he was come down from the mountain, great multitudes followed him.
2 And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean.
3 And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed.

And people knew He didn’t even need to be present to do the healing.

5 And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him,
6 And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented.
7 And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him.
8 The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.
9 For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.
10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel……

13 And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour

Matthew 9

10 And it came to pass, as Jesus sat at meat in the house, behold, many publicans and sinners came and sat down with him and his disciples.

Matthew 9 11 And when the Pharisees saw it, they said unto his disciples, Why eateth your Master with publicans and sinners?
Matthew 9 12 But when Jesus heard that, he said unto them, They that be whole need not a physician, but they that are sick.

Jesus healed and raised people from the dead and came to those in need. Yet for this people hates Him! Still to this very day!

Matthew 9 18 While he spake these things unto them, behold, there came a certain ruler, and worshipped him, saying, My daughter is even now dead: but come and lay thy hand upon her, and she shall live.
Matthew 9 19 And Jesus arose, and followed him, and so did his disciples

So as He was walking and on His way to this mans home. A women in the crowd knew if she could only touch His garment she would be healed.

Matthew 9 20 And, behold, a woman, which was diseased with an issue of blood twelve years, came behind him, and touched the hem of his garment:
Matthew 9 21 For she said within herself, If I may but touch his garment, I shall be whole.
Matthew 9 22 But Jesus turned him about, and when he saw her, he said, Daughter, be of good comfort; thy faith hath made thee whole. And the woman was made whole from that hour.

So Jesus arrives after this to the home He was going too and he sees and hears a lot of
Noise and crying, etc…

Matthew 9 23 And when Jesus came into the ruler's house, and saw the minstrels and the people making a noise,

So Jesus tells them she fine she is only asleep. They laugh at Him and mock Him even more, this after the request for Him to come there and save her. How sad is that.

Matthew 9 24 He said unto them, Give place: for the maid is not dead, but sleepeth. And they laughed him to scorn.

Matthew 9 25 But when the people were put forth, he went in, and took her by the hand, and the maid arose.

Matthew 9 26 And the fame hereof went abroad into all that land.

And we know that the wasn’t the only one Jesus rose from the dead. John 11 talks about Lazarus and how he was already dead and buried for four days and Jesus raises him up.

John 11: 17 Then when Jesus came, he found that he had lain in the grave four days already.
Jesus was hurt and yes He wept (cried) because of their murmurings and unbelief’s, it hurt Him to hear what they were saying and thinking.

33 When Jesus therefore saw her weeping, and the Jews also weeping which came with her, he groaned in the spirit, and was troubled.
34 And said, Where have ye laid him? They said unto him, Lord, come and see.
35 Jesus wept.
36 Then said the Jews, Behold how he loved him!
37 And some of them said, Could not this man, which opened the eyes of the blind, have caused that even this man should not have died?
38 Jesus therefore again groaning in himself cometh to the grave. It was a cave, and a stone lay upon it.
39 Jesus said, Take ye away the stone. Martha, the sister of him that was dead, saith unto him, Lord, by this time he stinketh: for he hath been dead four days.
40 Jesus saith unto her, Said I not unto thee, that, if thou wouldest believe, thou shouldest see the glory of God?
41 Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me.
42 And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.
43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.
44 And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.
45 Then many of the Jews which came to Mary, and had seen the things which Jesus did, believed on him.
46 But some of them went their ways to the Pharisees, and told them what things Jesus had done.

And here is still yet more trouble for Jesus.

47 Then gathered the chief priests and the Pharisees a council, and said, What do we? for this man doeth many miracles.
48 If we let him thus alone, all men will believe on him: and the Romans shall come and take away both our place and nation.
49 And one of them, named Caiaphas, being the high priest that same year, said unto them, Ye know nothing at all,
50 Nor consider that it is expedient for us, that one man should die for the people, and that the whole nation perish not.
51 And this spake he not of himself: but being high priest that year, he prophesied that Jesus should die for that nation;
52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.
53 Then from that day forth they took counsel together for to put him to death.
54 Jesus therefore walked no more openly among the Jews; but went thence unto a country near to the wilderness, into a city called Ephraim, and there continued with his disciples.
55 And the Jews' passover was nigh at hand: and many went out of the country up to Jerusalem before the passover, to purify themselves.
56 Then sought they for Jesus, and spake among themselves, as they stood in the temple, What think ye, that he will not come to the feast?
57 Now both the chief priests and the Pharisees had given a commandment, that, if any man knew where he were, he should shew it, that they might take him.

Here He is healing two blind men. But notice He didn’t just heal them to be healing them, He first asked do you believe I can do this… They were healed because they had the faith they needed.

Matthew 9 27 And when Jesus departed thence, two blind men followed him, crying, and saying, Thou Son of David, have mercy on us.
Matthew 9 28 And when he was come into the house, the blind men came to him: and Jesus saith unto them, Believe ye that I am able to do this? They said unto him, Yea, Lord.
Matthew 9 29 Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you.

Jesus cast out devils.

Matthew 9 32 As they went out, behold, they brought to him a dumb man possessed with a devil.

Matthew 9 33 And when the devil was cast out, the dumb spake: and the multitudes marvelled, saying, It was never so seen in Israel

Jesus went to all the cities to heal and to preach.

Matthew 9 35 And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.

Now you will find that His healing and casting out demons and teaching didn’t always go over very well with the people of the towns or the leaders of the towns. In this next example the town people cared more about the swine than they did the man possessed with demons. So they asked Jesus to leave before He even got started. Which is why Jesus told the man to stay there and not follow Him so that He could be the witness the town needed.

Mark 5
1 And they came over unto the other side of the sea, into the country of the Gadarenes.
2 And when he was come out of the ship, immediately there met him out of the tombs a man with an unclean spirit,
3 Who had his dwelling among the tombs; and no man could bind him, no, not with chains:
4 Because that he had been often bound with fetters and chains, and the chains had been plucked asunder by him, and the fetters broken in pieces: neither could any man tame him.
5 And always, night and day, he was in the mountains, and in the tombs, crying, and cutting himself with stones.
6 But when he saw Jesus afar off, he ran and worshipped him,
7 And cried with a loud voice, and said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.
8 For he said unto him, Come out of the man, thou unclean spirit.
9 And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.
10 And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country.
11 Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding.
12 And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them.
13 And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, they were about two thousand and were choked in the sea.
14 And they that fed the swine fled, and told it in the city, and in the country. And they went out to see what it was that was done.
15 And they come to Jesus, and see him that was possessed with the devil, and had the legion, sitting, and clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid.
16 And they that saw it told them how it befell to him that was possessed with the devil, and also concerning the swine.
17 And they began to pray him to depart out of their coasts.
18 And when he was come into the ship, he that had been possessed with the devil prayed him that he might be with him.
19 Howbeit Jesus suffered him not, but saith unto him, Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee.

Now Jesus did so many healings and miracles that all you need to do is read any one of the four gospels Matthew, Mark, Luke, or John to know that he preformed hundreds of miracles. And that the multitude that follow Him was so great that He would often go into a ship to teach to all of them.

Matthew 13 1 The same day went Jesus out of the house, and sat by the sea side.
2 And great multitudes were gathered together unto him, so that he went into a ship, and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore.

3 And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;
4 And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:
5 Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:
6 And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.
7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:
8 But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.
9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

That is talking about us today even. When we hear the word and know it, what happens to us from there?

Jesus explaining that the kingdom of Heaven is for all, not just for the Jews.

Matthew 21

42 Jesus saith unto them, Did ye never read in the scriptures, The stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the head of the corner: this is the Lord's doing, and it is marvellous in our eyes?
43 Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken from you, and given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof….

45 And when the chief priests and Pharisees had heard his parables, they perceived that he spake of them

46 But when they sought to lay hands on him, they feared the multitude, because they took him for a prophet.

But we do know that they did lay hands on Him and came in the middle of the night to arrest Him. Yet even at the time of the arrest Jesus still does healing.

Luke 22

47 And while he yet spake, behold a multitude, and he that was called Judas, one of the twelve, went before them, and drew near unto Jesus to kiss him.
48 But Jesus said unto him, Judas, betrayest thou the Son of man with a kiss?
49 When they which were about him saw what would follow, they said unto him, Lord, shall we smite with the sword?
50 And one of them smote the servant of the high priest, and cut off his right ear.
51 And Jesus answered and said, Suffer ye thus far. And he touched his ear, and healed him.
52 Then Jesus said unto the chief priests, and captains of the temple, and the elders, which were come to him, Be ye come out, as against a thief, with swords and staves?
53 When I was daily with you in the temple, ye stretched forth no hands against me: but this is your hour, and the power of darkness….

63 And the men that held Jesus mocked him, and smote him.
64 And when they had blindfolded him, they struck him on the face, and asked him, saying, Prophesy, who is it that smote thee?
65 And many other things blasphemously spake they against him.
66 And as soon as it was day, the elders of the people and the chief priests and the scribes came together, and led him into their council, saying,
67 Art thou the Christ? tell us. And he said unto them, If I tell you, ye will not believe:

And so after this Pilate found no fault with Jesus and didn’t want to have anything to do with Him. So he turns Jesus over to Herod letting him deal with Him.

Luke 23
4 Then said Pilate to the chief priests and to the people, I find no fault in this man…

7 And as soon as he knew that he belonged unto Herod's jurisdiction, he sent him to Herod, who himself also was at Jerusalem at that time.

And even though Jesus didn’t talk to Herod or show him miracles, Herod even found no fault with Jesus.

8 And when Herod saw Jesus, he was exceeding glad: for he was desirous to see him of a long season, because he had heard many things of him; and he hoped to have seen some miracle done by him.
9 Then he questioned with him in many words; but he answered him nothing.
10 And the chief priests and scribes stood and vehemently accused him.
11 And Herod with his men of war set him at nought, and mocked him, and arrayed him in a gorgeous robe, and sent him again to Pilate.
12 And the same day Pilate and Herod were made friends together: for before they were at enmity between themselves.
13 And Pilate, when he had called together the chief priests and the rulers and the people,
14 Said unto them, Ye have brought this man unto me, as one that perverteth the people: and, behold, I, having examined him before you, have found no fault in this man touching those things whereof ye accuse him:
15 No, nor yet Herod: for I sent you to him; and, lo, nothing worthy of death is done unto him.
16 I will therefore chastise him, and release him.
17 For of necessity he must release one unto them at the feast.
18 And they cried out all at once, saying, Away with this man, and release unto us Barabbas:
19 Who for a certain sedition made in the city, and for murder, was cast into prison.
20 Pilate therefore, willing to release Jesus, spake again to them.
21 But they cried, saying, Crucify him, crucify him.
22 And he said unto them the third time, Why, what evil hath he done? I have found no cause of death in him: I will therefore chastise him, and let him go.
23 And they were instant with loud voices, requiring that he might be crucified. And the voices of them and of the chief priests prevailed.
24 And Pilate gave sentence that it should be as they required.
25 And he released unto them him that for sedition and murder was cast into prison, whom they had desired; but he delivered Jesus to their will.

And so they do crucify Him.

33 And when they were come to the place, which is called Calvary, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left.

And yet while being on the cross, Jesus still saved a man..

42 And he said unto Jesus, Lord, remember me when thou comest into thy kingdom.
43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Later Jesus shows Himself to the disciples.
Luke 24
36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.
38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Still after everything the people did to Him, His only concern was for us. His children.

Matthew 28
18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

For now though we have both the tares and the wheat among us....

Matthew 13:36 Then Jesus sent the multitude away, and went into the house: and his disciples came unto him, saying, Declare unto us the parable of the tares of the field.
Matthew 13:37 He answered and said unto them, He that soweth the good seed is the Son of man;
Matthew 13:38 The field is the world; the good seed are the children of the kingdom; but the tares are
the children of the wicked one;
Matthew 13:39 The enemy that sowed them is the devil; the harvest is the end of the world; and the reapers are the angels.

and all of this will continue until this happens:

Revelation 19:11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him
was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Revelation 19:12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns;
and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
Revelation 19:13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
Revelation 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
Revelation 19:15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations:
and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
Revelation 19:16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

so for now we all still have our free wills to chose whom our soul will go-to when
our flesh dies....

[edit on 11-2-2010 by Shar]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
'Good Rebbe, what must I do to be worthy of the Life?'
'Why do you call me Good ? There is only One who is 'good.'

Sound familiar?

So...are you really trying to say, 'YHWH the clan-god of post-exilic Yisro'el is good' and "R. Yehoshua bar Yosef the Galilean Nazir is good.' ?

If so, YHWH is good because...he likes to exterminate Amalekites? Makes David run a census then causes a plague to punish him for it?

R.Yehoshua bar Yosef is 'good' because... he tends to start riots in temples with whips and cords causing fires screaming 'I will burn down this Shrine made with hands and raise another one in its place in 3 Days NOT made with hands !'

Or it is because he sometimes likes to arm his disciples (Luke 22:36-50) with swords on hills on Passovers during 100th Year Anniversaries of the Invasion of the Roman General Pompey into Jerusalem -- and has a distinct Tendenz to cut people's ears cut off in scuffles in the dark?

So...why exactly ARE these two individual entities to be considererd 'good' do you think?

They sound distincly mean to me !

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

Please always give your book, chapters and verse that you are talking about. As far as a census goes...my Bible tells me that God told Him not to take one.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar

The argument you use. The bible has become somewhat of a unreliable source for me.

Perhaps you can prove it's reliability ?

I have more then enough very good reasons why I think it is.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Sigismundus

Or it is because he sometimes likes to arm his disciples (Luke 22:36-50) with swords on hills on Passovers during 100th Year Anniversaries of the Invasion of the Roman General Pompey into Jerusalem -- and has a distinct Tendenz to cut people's ears cut off in scuffles in the dark?

Before you quote something you should keep reading. Jesus never asked them to kill nor attack. If that was the case, the scuffle should have been much worse. According to you, Jesus armed an armada of guys to take over forcefully.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2ff5f7efa4ed.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
A few questions, please.

1. Which Bible are you referring to...by this I mean not only what translation but also which canon.

2. Who do you believe wrote the Bible, and during what time periods? Also, how does the Bible fit as the word of God? By this I mean, divine inspiration or dictation theory?

3. Do you interpret the Bible as literal, or figurative? And if figurative, how do you decide which parts are based on culture and which parts are actually God's word?

Kudos for what you are attempting....I've noticed there aren't too many on ATS who take any religion kindly....

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I believe.

I think religion is evil.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
reply to post by Shar

The argument you use. The bible has become somewhat of a unreliable source for me.

Perhaps you can prove it's reliability ?

I have more then enough very good reasons why I think it is.

1 Chronicles 21
1 Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.
2 And David said to Joab and to the rulers of the people, Go, number Israel from Beersheba even to Dan; and bring the number of them to me, that I may know it. ….

5 And Joab gave the sum of the number of the people unto David. And all they of Israel were a thousand thousand and an hundred thousand men that drew sword: and Judah was four hundred threescore and ten thousand men that drew sword.
6 But Levi and Benjamin counted he not among them: for the king's word was abominable to Joab.
7 And God was displeased with this thing; therefore he smote Israel.
8 And David said unto God, I have sinned greatly, because I have done this thing: but now, I beseech thee, do away the iniquity of thy servant; for I have done very foolishly.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

I use the King James Version of the Bible. The Bible is the gospel to me.
I do not take away from it.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar

You aren't even kidding are you ?

Do you even understand what I asked for and why ?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
To quote Gandi:

"I like your Jesus...its your Christians that I cannot stand."

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   

I believe.

I think religion is evil.
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

I'm sorry, what are you referring to? You believe what?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar

Why the King James version?

You stated that the Bible is gospel to you, and that you do not take away from it. I am assuming that you are referring to a literal interpratation, then. Therefore, a few more questions (since you so completely answered my previous ones):

1. Would you state that the Apocrypha is also the world of God? If not, then why not?

2. Considering that the stories in the OT were first passed down through centuries of oral tradition before being written down, do you consider the OT as a reliable source of information about God?

3. Do you allow for cultural bias when reading the Bible? In other words, recognizing that the various scribes who wrote it did so from their own personal views?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by happygolucky
reply to post by Shar

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2ff5f7efa4ed.jpg[/atsimg]

Yeah it sure did get crowded.
So much that Jesus himself went into the ships to teach

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar

So God isn't a magical being? What is God then? By definition what we see in the beginning of Genesis is magical creation. The Universe is being spoken into creation, ie Magic Words.

So if God has the power to do all this through spoken words and chooses to allow children to suffer and die and starve daily I think its fair to say He's entirely heartless.

If God created a perfect world where did the imperfections come from? The world wasn't perfect, because Adam and Eve were capable of Sin therefore the potential for disaster and evil existed. Also, after the eating of the apple it is God who curses his creations. God gets real mad and decides that just for eating some fruit he stupidly planted right there in the garden (at the advice of a snake he let in) that Adam and Eve and all their descendants will be born damned. Then after cursing them and damning their descendants he wants them to be fruitful and multiply but then gets mad when they are fruitful and decides to drown every single living thing in a horrific genocidal flood (in Enoch this is because of the Nephilim but in the actual Bible there is no explanation aside from people being evil. In the Gilgamesh version its because we humans are noisy)

Kills first born of Egypt.

Slaughters Jobs kids to settle bet with Satan.

Sends his only son to die violently instead of using his ALL POWERFULNESS to save everyone.

Minotaurs, Centaurs and Mermaids do not exist, sorry to say. Book of Enoch, while fascinating, is not part of Biblical Canon but it raises more questions than it answers, what with angels being able to procreate with humans and all.

Conclusion: If there's anything I learned from the Bible its that the God depicted is an angry, wrathful genocidal child murderer. The Bible characterizes God as both merciful and wrathful, as both good and evil (I'd say killing kids is as evil as it gets), as both patient and jealous. Its almost as if the multiple authors all had different ideas of what God should be and... oh, there you go, that's it, multiple authors, multiple points of view and a very wishy-washy God.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Is there a conspiracy hidden within all that text or is it just a bible lesson?

Can you summarize?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Hi Shar

Here are some verses to look up. Don’t tell me you’re NOT familiar with these..but here goes anyway.

ON WHY HE IS NOT GOOD

Luke 18:18 = 'Good Rebbe, what must I do to be worthy of the Life?'
'Why do you call me Good ? There is only One who is 'good.'

ON THE JEWISH TORAH'S PENCHANT FOR GENOCIDE & EXTERMINATION

"Exodus 17:14 And YHWH said to Mosheh, “Write this as a Memorial in a Scroll and recite it in the ears of Joshua, that, lo, I shall utterly genocide every single one of the Amalekites from under heaven !.”

So Mosheh built an altar and called the name of it, YHWH is my Ensign, 16 saying, “A hand upon the Throne of YHWH! For YHWH will wage his war against Amalek, continually ."

I Sam 15:2

2 Thus says YHWH of Armies, ‘I have noted how Amalek opposed Yisro’el on their way out of Egypt. 3 Now go and completely genocide the Amalekites !

Yea, I say, utterly exterminate them all - show no mercy to any of them, but holocaust every single one of them -- male and female including all their babies : and genocide also their oxen and sheep and camels and donkey and every single thing they own.”.

ON R. YEHOSHUA BAR YOSEF AND HIS SEDITIONIST TENDENZ TO RIOT

John 2:15 = see also: Mark 11:15–19 (adds at v. 16 ‘ and he blocked people from carrying any of the holy vessels thorugh the precincts’), 11:27–33, Matthew 21:12–17, 21:23–27 and Luke 19:45–48, 20:1–8

"And Iesous came up to Yerushalayim for the Jewish Pesach and in the Court of the Gentiles he found those busy selling cattle, sheep and doves, and also those sitting at tables exchanging money.

So he made whips out of cords, and drove all from the temple preciicts, including all the sheep and cattle; and he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. To those who sold the sacrificial doves he said, "Get these things out of here!

2 Samuel 24 - ON YHWH MAKING DAVID DO THE CENSUS
THEN KILLING HIS OWN FOR DOING IT

Again the anger of YHWH was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them.

For YHWH was the one who caused David to say to them, "Go, number all the fighting men of the sons of both Israel and Judah."

So (David) the king said to Joab the commander of the Army who was with him,

"Now go throughout all the tribes of Israel, from Dan to Beersheba, and count the people, that I may know the number of the people." 9 Joab reported the number of the fighting men to the king…

David felt guilt-ridden after counting his fighting men, and he said to YHWH "I have sinned in doing this: so YHWH I beg you, take away the guilt of your slave: I have acted foolishly.

Before David got up the next morning, the word of YHWH came to the Prophet Gad David's personal-seer: 12 "Go and tell David, 'This is what YHWH says: I am giving 3 options. Choose one of them for me to strike you with.

So Gad went to David and said to him, "Shall there come upon you 3 years of famine in your land? 3 months of fleeing from your enemies while they pursue you? Or 3 days of plague in your land? Now then, think it over and decide how I should answer the one who sent me."

14 David said to Gad, "I am in deep distress. Let us fall into the hands of YHWH, for his mercy is great; but do not let me fall into the hands of men."

15 So YHWH sent a plague on Israel from that morning until the end of the time designated, and seventy thousand of the people from Dan to Beersheba died.

ON SETTING FIRE TO THE COURT OF THE GOYIM

From The Gospel of Peter v. 27 (based on an Aramaic source now lost)

Then the Judaeans and the elders and the priests, realizing their error in condemning him, began to beat their breats saying, 'Woe Woe ! The Judgment of Israel has come and lo, the end of Jerusalem is nigh!'

But I Peter was with the other disciples sat very sorrowful; wounded in our spirits still in hiding, for we were sought after by the authorities as seditionists who were involved in setting fire to the Sanctuary of the Temple. [27] In addition to all these things we were fasting; and we were sitting mourning and weeping continually until the Sabbath"

ON ARMING HIS DISCIPLES WITH SWORDS (no, they were NOT butter-knives left over from the last supper, either) DURING THE INSURRECTION (at the 100th ANNIVERSARY (AD 36) OF THE INVASION OF TEH ROMAN GENERAL POMPEY in JERUSALEM in BCE 63)

Cf: THE TIMES OF THE GENTILES ARE FULFILLED (can you say, He's watching the Calendar to 'retake the Promise Land' by SWORDS from the Roman Occupiers? But then again, look how THAT turned out...)

Luke chapter 22: 35ff

Then Iesous asked them, "When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals, did you lack for anything?" And they said, Nothing, Rabbi.

Then he said to them, "But now if you have a purse, go get it and fetch also your begging-bag; and if you don't have a Sword, sell your outer cloak and immediately go out and buy one tonight…”

The disciples [came back and] said to him, "See, my lord [the King], here are two swords." And Ieosus said, Do you [really[ think 2 are enough?

LATER that night....

And Jesus' followers saw what was going to happen they said to him , "M’lord, should we strike with our swords?" [and he answered, You have spoken well] 0And one of them struck the slave of the high priest, and cut off his right ear.

Mark14:58 ON TEMPLES MADE WITH HANDS (i.e. idolatrous buildings)

And a witness testified saying, we heard the Liar say, 'I will Destroy this temple made with hands and in three days will build another, not made with hands !”

John 2:19

And Iesous said to them “[I shall] Destroy this Temple and in 3 days raise it up again !”

Christians should do a little research into 1st century Occupied Palestine if they want to understand the first thing about thier so-called Founder of their Religion - CRUCIFIXION was the SPECIFIC penalty for ARMED SEDITION AGAINST ROME (technically 'Breach of Lex Maiestatis' the NO KING BUT CAESAR LAW) -

CRUCIFIXION was a POLITICIAL REVOLUTIONARY's DEATH - something that DOES NOT HAPPEN to harmless little Rebbes telling harmless little stories....but INSURRECTIONISTS like that OTHER Jesus (Whom shall I give to you: Iesous who is called Christ or Jesus who is called Bar-Abbas [Son of God] from Matt 27:17 in the earliest Greek MSS.

See Mark 15:7 'and Bar-Abbas was arrested for Sedition during THE INSURRECTION' (i.e. of AD 36) !!!

[edit on 11-2-2010 by Sigismundus]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

it don't sound like you read my post at all! Most everything you asked is already in my post

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Shar

The answer to all of them is that the Bible makes no sense. Logically an all-powerful all-good being who loves us all, whether a father figure or not, would not allow the atrocities we see in the world today if it was within his power to stop it and would certainly not do any of the horrific things we see God do in the Bible...

To be honest I only read about half the post because I skimmed most of the versus...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join