It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Understanding the Creators of the “Dream Machine”

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
What the true purpose of this unique device was, only the creators of the device will ever know. I found this Documentary about the Creators of the “Dream Machine” and would like to share it with other ATS members that are interested in Alpha Wave Technologies. The unique nature of the effects on the individual’s perception of colors, shapes, images, and of course hallucinations’; I find to be very intriguing.
Perhaps you may be interested in building one of these devices for yourself. In any case enjoy the program; I am also attaching a link to the Alpha Wave sound program in my opinion that gives the greatest results. Utilizing the two in conjunction with each other you will find is quit disturbing to say the least, in my experience of testing this type of technology.

Warning: 1 in 4000 people experience an epileptic seizure while testing these two devices. The Alpha Sound Wave program also causes nausea, and in some instances can cause migraine headaches even if you are not prone to them. To properly experience both Alpha Technologies it is important to keep your eyes closed while testing the technologies. As always you experience these two technologies at your own risk.

Sincerely

MolecularPhD

www.solfeggiotones.com... Alpha Sound Wave Download

megavideo.com... Doc on Creators of the “Dream Machine”

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Hallucinations, nausea, migraines? Sounds like fun!!!

I'll check them out and report back to let y'all know how/if it works. Could be interesting.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by MolecularPhD
What the true purpose of this unique device was, only the creators of the device will ever know.

Without a doubt, you are correct there "since using said device" does nothing, and the "device itself" is not a device at all.

I found this Documentary about the Creators of the “Dream Machine” and would like to share it with other ATS members that are interested in Alpha Wave Technologies.

Oh...you mean the users here who blindly adopt any fantasy-tech that sounds like it "may work" but in the end is just a bunch of garbage best reserved for a youtube account?

The unique nature of the effects on the individual’s perception of colors, shapes, images, and of course hallucinations’; I find to be very intriguing.

Yet, you have not shared any of these effects with us. Hmmmm....could it be that this device doesn't do anything but serve to make "certain types" of people "think" they are "growing spiritually" or gaining "easy enlightenment" by clicking a button?

Perhaps you may be interested in building one of these devices for yourself.

Yeah...that is what I want to do...waste my time with a sound generator and begin calling it a "device".

In any case enjoy the program; I am also attaching a link to the Alpha Wave sound program in my opinion that gives the greatest results.

Again, you fail to share ANY results, but you still give it your loud-and-clear endorsement.

Imagine anyone endorsing any technology and then failing to even "say" what it does for them. No...it should go like this-

I like forks....why? Because I can pick up food without getting my fingers dirty.

I like cars....why? Because I can drive around and get places faster.

I like Air Conditioners...why? Because they keep a household cool.

See what I am saying? I had no problems sharing the effects of these technologies (and mind you I have not officially researched them)

Utilizing the two in conjunction with each other you will find is quit disturbing to say the least, in my experience of testing this type of technology.

Wow...what a way to clear things up...you seem like a real scientist performing real tests on a real technology.

No...just joking...you sound like someone who found a link, clicked it, listened to some pitch of noise and then fell, hook-line-and-sinker, for this sham tech.

Warning: 1 in 4000 people experience an epileptic seizure while testing these two devices.

You can't even "explain" what this device (that you have tested) does, but you sure in hell know that 1-out-of-4000 people have seizures using it?

Please...tell me how you know this and please show me the "controlled experiments" that produced this information.

Unless of course, this information is useless and made-up....like the device itself.

The Alpha Sound Wave program also causes nausea, and in some instances can cause migraine headaches even if you are not prone to them.

Sometimes posts that are based in fantasy but written as if they are true, have the same effect on me.

Seriously...you know this how? Did the site you found this garbage on place that warning there?

Do they also give other warnings like-

You may become invisible.

You may explode and candy may come pouring from you.

You may get super powers and begin to see the future.

Really...what a bunch of bunk.

To properly experience both Alpha Technologies it is important to keep your eyes closed while testing the technologies.

Sounds like rock solid scientific method to me!

They should also add-

If you want this to "appear" real, please drink a lot of liquor, do your best to stay away from true sciences (they may cloud your reality with actual physics), and throw away all common sense before using.

As always you experience these two technologies at your own risk.

Sigh...thanks for the warning. I'll be brave.

Heck, I get in a car 2-3 times a day, and I do THAT knowing the risks at hand.

Of course, cars really work and actually perform real tasks.

Sincerely

If your sincerity is as real as your "research" into these "so-called technologies", you can keep it to yourself.

MolecularPhD

I am now making a note to never take any information you share on ATS as "serious" or "researched". Thank you for showing me how "far" you will go to bring a "hard hitting story" to ATS.

Heck, you even will go so far as to "give your endorsement" to laughable ideas that are not only impractical (and probably impossible), but you even jump on the scam-wagon and try to back up this garbage by saying "you have researched and tested this technology".

Gee...I bet science would have a great time validating your research.

I can't wait for you to publish your journals on your rigorous testings.

I would like to end my "wonderfully witty and informative post" by saying-

I can never understand what drives so many ATS users to throw all rationality out the window in exchange for magic-beans.

[edit on 11-2-2010 by Mr Mask]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Well, I tried it out. The Solfeggio tones. No hallucinations, but yes to nausea and vertigo. Still feeling a little dizzy and its been about 10 minutes since I stopped listening to it.

Other than that, I can't say I feel any different. The site did say to give it about six weeks and use every day. I'll continue just to see what happens, if nothing else I am getting a free carnival ride every morning. Nothing like a cup of hot green tea and a spin on an auditory tilt-a-whirl to get your morning started right.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   
kurt cobain supposedly experimented with the dream machine a few months before courtney killed him - think i'll check it out too.....

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
*Bleh* Its been an hour now since I listened to than dang thing, and I still feel like crap. Stay away from it! I feel like I've had about 3 shots of Military Special brand Vodka. No fun at all....

*Note* This is my 20th post! Yea me!!!!!

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonick621
*Bleh* Its been an hour now since I listened to than dang thing, and I still feel like crap. Stay away from it! I feel like I've had about 3 shots of Military Special brand Vodka. No fun at all....

I wonder if this means that the "device" has an actual function or if you are just susceptible to suggestion.

Noise can bother someone. You don't need a magic device to show you that.

I am more interested in the real scientific data obtained from all the research done on this device by creditable men/women of science.

Or is it 100% in the form of anonymous forum chat?

*Note* This is my 20th post! Yea me!!!!!

WHOOOOHOOO! Wow, has it been that long already!? I remember back when you were just a new poster delivering a first reply.

My how time flies.

Well, now it is time for you to get out there and wow them with your very first thread!

Welcome to the big leagues.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I think some people may be a little confused. The link for the solfeggiotones audio is not the dream machine. The dream machine is a visual device. The principle behind it is actually pretty solid. It essentially creates a blinking light effect. The interval between each flash is set to a certain frequency. The frequency that it is set to corresponds to a specific alpha brainwave frequency. By experiencing these flashes the frequency is sent to your brain, your brain then tunes itself to the frequency thus, tuning your brain to a specific alpha wave-length.

There is no hogwash.

A dreamachine is "viewed" with the eyes closed: the pulsating light stimulates the optical nerve and alters the brain's electrical oscillations. The "viewer" experiences increasingly bright, complex patterns of color behind their closed eyelids. The patterns become shapes and symbols, swirling around, until the "viewer" feels surrounded by colors. It is claimed that viewing a dreamachine allows one to enter a hypnagogic state.[3] This experience may sometimes be quite intense, but to escape from it, one needs only to open one's eyes.

en.wikipedia.org...

This experience in conjunction with brain entrainment audio tuned to the same wave length can produce some incredible results....It is also entirely possible that you may be one of those few people who do not experience any effect.
Here is a link to an online Dream Machine simulator. You can tune this to whatever frequency you like. I suggest tuning it until you find what works best for you.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Well it is fairly apparent that some people did not watch the video link attached to the post. This was a very early version of "Flicker Technology" which these two men where the pioneers of. I have done many studies on Alpha Wave Frequencies on different materials with a focus in the 8.2Hz to 13.5 Hz ranges. If Mr. Mask had bothered to watch the Video Link it would have been very clear what the post was about. And I am just pointing this out but, you seem like a very angry person; maybe it is just the way you write. I would like to make one more point to Mr. Mask; in no way did I endorse this technology; I believe I used the phrase “I found it interesting and thought so would others on ATS”.
Anyway, for those of you who did watch the Video Link; I thought it was rather interesting the number of celebrities that have played with these types of devices. As for the sound file, it tunes your brain waves through the series of 8.2Hz to 13.5Hz; and yes there has been many studies done on these brain patterns and they do seem to cause the systems suggested; that was the reason for posting the warnings. In any case enjoy both and maybe you to will find this of interest.

Sincerely

MolecularPhD

P.S. I hope you become a happier person Mr. Mask. And yes Brahmanite I believe some people are confused.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Well it is fairly apparent that some people did not watch the video link attached to the post. This was a very early version of "Flicker Technology" which these two men where the pioneers of.

Guilty here...I didn't watch the clip...but then again, I am well aware of this "dream machine" and its popular use in lucid-dreaming circles. Sorry, I didn't watch it because I already find it silly and from a first hand stance.

Long story short, a friend's father was obsessed with "said machine" and swore by it.

You will find no "real" evidence of any real function behind this "dream machine", but you are very likely to find evidence of many "wishful" types swearing by them.

I have done many studies on Alpha Wave Frequencies on different materials with a focus in the 8.2Hz to 13.5 Hz ranges.

Third time making reference to your researching of "said technology" and still no mentioning of any "factual findings" or even "perceived effects".

Funny how that seems to run in the long history of this machine's past.

If Mr. Mask had bothered to watch the Video Link it would have been very clear what the post was about.

So...haveing used one, and having known others who have used one is not enough to know what this is all about.

I see...I need to watch a youtube clip to "get my info straight". Makes total sense.

Sorry, I thought watching my friend's father ultimately lose his house, wife and kids in pursuit of his "enlightened higher being" through dream-circles and secret-meetings was enough to enter this thread with an opinion.

I guess I was wrong...to be "informed here" you need to watch a clip on youtube.

You young people are so smart with your computers.

And I am just pointing this out but, you seem like a very angry person; maybe it is just the way you write.

Yknow, I get that a lot...and it can't just be how I write, I also hear it in real life a lot as well. Funny thing is, I am a very happy person...sure I have this huge chip on my shoulder due to the fact that the entire society around me is sinking into a stupor-of-no-return, and I tend to get a little weary of the mindless chatter of blind chattel-cattle. But ,all and all, I am not an angry person.

Heck I am even laughing right now.

I would like to make one more point to Mr. Mask; in no way did I endorse this technology; I believe I used the phrase “I found it interesting and thought so would others on ATS”.

I see...and you also made factual references to "how many people it effects negatively" and how to proceed with getting "positive effects" that you base on your personal use in your "research" of said technology.

I would call that an endorsement.

Anyway, for those of you who did watch the Video Link; I thought it was rather interesting the number of celebrities that have played with these types of devices.

Yknow how many movie stars were part of Levay's Church of Satan? Point being, yeah- movie stars use and do wacky things.

I do not find watching what movie stars do/use as interesting, but I guess if you are into the "media" and the faces they put on it, yeah you may find celebrity use of the dream machine to be fascinating.

As for the sound file, it tunes your brain waves through the series of 8.2Hz to 13.5Hz; and yes there has been many studies done on these brain patterns and they do seem to cause the systems suggested; that was the reason for posting the warnings. In any case enjoy both and maybe you to will find this of interest.

I keep hearing about all these studies, and I don't mean from you, but from others. Yknow the type- those crystal-worshiping-faith-healer types.

Funny how I never seem to find a single serious bit of research that proves this machine does anything but beep and flash and possibly annoy the crap out of you.

Oh well...I guess flashing lights have a history of doing that.

Any proof of it doing anything else? Like something positive or functional?

Sincerely

Oh, same here!

P.S. I hope you become a happier person Mr. Mask.

If you ever reach my level of "happy" pat yourself on the back and smile.

I believe some people are confused.

I KNOW most people are...

Some far more then others.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

There is no hogwash.

Best quote on ATS yet!

Thank you for that chance to smirk and enjoy a quick chuckle.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Well it is fairly apparent that some people did not watch the video link attached to the post. This was a very early version of "Flicker Technology" which these two men where the pioneers of. I have done many studies on Alpha Wave Frequencies on different materials with a focus in the 8.2Hz to 13.5 Hz ranges. If Mr. Mask had bothered to watch the Video Link it would have been very clear what the post was about. And I am just pointing this out but, you seem like a very angry person; maybe it is just the way you write. I would like to make one more point to Mr. Mask; in no way did I endorse this technology; I believe I used the phrase “I found it interesting and thought so would others on ATS”.
Anyway, for those of you who did watch the Video Link; I thought it was rather interesting the number of celebrities that have played with these types of devices. As for the sound file, it tunes your brain waves through the series of 8.2Hz to 13.5Hz; and yes there has been many studies done on these brain patterns and they do seem to cause the systems suggested; that was the reason for posting the warnings. In any case enjoy both and maybe you to will find this of interest.

Sincerely

MolecularPhD

P.S. I hope you become a happier person Mr. Mask. And yes Brahmanite I believe some people are confused.

The audio is like Binaural beats. Its been proven that manipulating your brainwaves can cause left/right synchronization. Its been used for a while now for meditation purposes.

The effect of the lights i believe is the Ganzfeld Effect and it to has been substansiated. It has been employed for millenia. . .

The Ganzfeld effect has been reported since ancient times. The adepts of Pythagoras retreated to pitch black caves to receive wisdom through their visions. Miners trapped by accidents in mines frequently reported hallucinations, visions and seeing ghosts when they were in the pitch dark for days. Arctic explorers seeing nothing but featureless landscape of white snow for a long time also reported hallucinations and an altered state of mind.

en.wikipedia.org...

While I don't know much about the actual "dream machine" I do know that the priniples both are based on are quite similar. Binaural beats and the Ganzfeld effect are effective.

Perhaps before you go making a a fuss over someones OP mask you should try and look for counter evidence that isn't anecdotal.

There is an abundance of threads and articles on the web for you to digest. Unless that is you feel satisfied with only offering pointless musings as aposed to evidence. . . .

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I see...another guy sharing false information. Ok...I had to bring out a new avatar for this one. So here goes.

The audio is like Binaural beats.

Similar but less trendy and not as new.

But totally as silly.

Its been proven that manipulating your brainwaves can cause left/right synchronization.

This is where we start to point out your lack of facts...no such thing has been "proven", just suggested...and suggested mostly by "meditation folks" all busy opening their third eye and finding la-la land.

Hardly science...and never proven.

But you will go swinging the "false fact stick" and feel darn good while doing it as long as you "back it up with links/quotes" to other nonsensical people's findings.

Its been used for a while now for meditation purposes.

Yup...not landing on the moon, or for weighing pounds of cucumbers. Nope, both those duties would call for factual devices that actually do something in a provable manner.

The effect of the lights i believe is the Ganzfeld Effect and it to has been substansiated. It has been employed for millenia. . .

Yes, also know as "the mind hack" or just "seeing stuff when you look at colors (or the lack of) too long"

Great, we are on the same page of science now...so glad someone is paying attention.

[The Ganzfeld effect has been reported since ancient times.

Yup, even cave men saw swirly colors when they closed their eyes, and to this very day people still report such a thing...lets go deeper.

The adepts of Pythagoras retreated to pitch black caves to receive wisdom through their visions.

Ah...so now we are drifting from the realms of science and going to the lands of fantasy. Yes, I know you plucked this gem from a website, and you are not the author, but I think this sentence does a damn good job at "pointing towards what I am getting at here".

Miners trapped by accidents in mines frequently reported hallucinations, visions and seeing ghosts when they were in the pitch dark for days.

So wait...perhaps we should all start going into caves for days...perhaps THAT in itself is a technology that is ALSO proven to deliver "interesting effects"?

Arctic explorers seeing nothing but featureless landscape of white snow for a long time also reported hallucinations and an altered state of mind.

And SNOW! Move over dream machine, snow is way cheaper and doesn't beep and flash in my face! Maybe snow is ALSO technology that is proven to synchronize the left-right brain hemispheres and stuff!

This is totally legit science here!

While I don't know much about the actual "dream machine" I do know that the priniples both are based on are quite similar. Binaural beats and the Ganzfeld effect are effective.

Indeed...as is snow and caves. I think this is a sure "proven fact" in the making-

Caves, beats, snow and dream machines are valid technologies for opening our minds.

Perhaps before you go making a a fuss over someones OP mask you should try and look for counter evidence that isn't anecdotal.

Or maybe I will just keep doing what I do, not using links that discredit the very thread I am defending all the while throwing around words like "Ganzfeld effect" and then assuming I made a winning point.

There is an abundance of threads and articles on the web for you to digest. Unless that is you feel satisfied with only offering pointless musings as aposed to evidence. . . .

I see...thanks....I rather read books, and plenty of them, that way I do not look silly showing people wiki information that basically points to nothing but proving "snow and caves" mess with eye sight.

In fact, I think I will also continue "not saying things are proven" when in all reality they are "speculations and reports" not facts and data.

I will leave those things to you...that way I don't come off quoting an unproven technology as something "proven" just because a wiki link told me eskimos and cave dwellers "had hallucinations" when forced to deal with intense environments.

In other words...I know what the Ganzfeld effect is, and posting the definition of it doesn't prove that this "dream machine" does anything.

And that was my point in the first place.

There is no proof or reason to take this machine seriously.

It is a novelty item with no real function or use.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

It was in his recording that Singer noticed that, for short periods of less than half a second, the field potential was oscillating--alternately rising and dipping--with a frequency of 40 hertz. Those oscillations reflected a synchronous, repeating pattern of current flow into the neurons in the vicinity of the electrode. And since such an ion flow often triggers an action potential, that meant that many of those neurons must be firing action potentials together, in brief phase-locked synchrony.

www.brainsync.com...

Once the assessment is complete and treatment goals have been established, we usually place two electrodes on the scalp and one or more on the earlobes during neurotherapy training sessions. The trainee then watches a display on the computer screen and listens to audio tones, sometimes while doing a task such as reading. These training sessions are designed to teach the person to slowly change and retrain their brainwave pattern.

www.sinhaclinic.com...

www.brainsync.com...

Science ushered in a new era in our capacity to learn, be creative, memorize, be in charge of our moods, lower stress, resolve unwanted behaviour patterns, and a multitude of other advantages, with the publishing of this remarkable paper in which Dr. Gerald Oster’s report discovered a technique called "entrainment" of brain wave patterns.

At the same time, Robert Monroe of the Monroe Institute of Applied Sciences was also studying binaural beats. In countless experiments, using an EEG machine to observe the subject's electrical brain wave patterns, Robert Monroe confirmed that he could without a doubt entrain brain wave patterns using binaural beats.

He also noted that the response did not only occur in the area of the brain accountable for hearing, or only in one or the other of the hemispheres, but rather the whole brain resonated, the wave forms of both hemispheres becoming identical in frequency, amplitude, phase, and coherence. Many other researchers have also verified this phenomenon.

Language and speech pathologist Dr. Suzanne Evans Morris, Ph.D., says:

"Research supports the theory that different frequencies presented to each ear through stereo headphones...create a difference tone (or binaural beat) as the brain puts together the two tones it actually hears. Through EEG monitoring the different tone is identified by a change in the electrical pattern produced by the brain.

For example, frequencies of 500 Hz and 510 Hz produce a binaural beat frequency of 10 Hz. Monitoring of the brain's electricity (EEG) shows that the brain produces increased 10 Hz activity with equal frequency and amplitude of the wave form in both hemispheres."

www.project-meditation.org...

Binaural beats can easily be heard at the low frequencies (< 30 Hz) that are characteristic of the EEG spectrum (Oster, 1973). This perceptual phenomenon of binaural beating and the objective measurement of the frequency-following response (Hink, Kodera, Yamada, Kaga, & Suzuki, 1980) suggest conditions which facilitate entrainment of brain waves and altered states of consciousness

www.web-us.com...

Yes there's no evidence it's all a fraud and a hoax. . .

And no your point was not just to point out that the dream machine has no supporting evidence you also completely dismissed the principles behind it.

[edit on 12-2-2010 by constantwonder]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Atleast skyfloating hasnt resorted to constantly saying that your projecting. Isnt it funny how when you tell people the truth thats against their spiritual or religious asperations they begin hiding behind psych babble? This guy has something to gain from endorsing this product... this is an advertisment NOT a harmless discussion.

I have my moments where i wish there was a large cliff for them to run off of and be done with it quickly.

[edit on 12-2-2010 by Wertdagf]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
edit: nevermind

[edit on 12-2-2010 by dodgygeeza]

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 03:47 AM
link   
In order to have alpha waves all you have to do is be awake, and close your eyes. In sleep EEG, alpha drop-out is used as an indicator of when someone goes from awake, with their eyes closed, into stage one sleep. When calibrating a polygraph machine, you even ask a patient to lay still for 30 second with their eyes open, then closed, to check their alpha waves. You certainly do not need a machine to help generate additional alpha. Alpha has nothing to do with dreaming either, dreams occur in stage REM, and there should be no alpha waves present in REM. REM brainwaves are low amplitude, mixed frequency waves.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MolecularPhD

The video link didn't work for me and I didn'y try the sound, but...

When I was young I made a device that played binaural sounds into both ears via closed headphones in sync with some safety goggles that flashed bright LEDs into your eyes at a fraction of the sounds frequency. The frequencies were adjustable. I was trying to see if I could improve the speed of my brain.

Most people that tried it on took it straight off becuase of the strange feelings it gave. It gave various hallucinations and even involuntarily twitched muscles. It could make you feel tired or very alert, depending on the frequency.

Anyway, one day I was playing with it and the last thing I remember is saying 'look at my arm moving' (my left arm was flailing around out of my control). The next thing I was being carried into an ambulance, having suffered a grand mal seizure and swallowing my tongue.

The hospital asked to keep the device to demonstrate to students what stupid things people do to themselves and I obliged.

I didn't build the next model which was going to use electricity and magnetic fields direct!

new topics

top topics

join