It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you prepared to even give it a go?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I would like to suggest something to you all, i dont know if i am allowed to do this but feel free to delete completely. So appologies if thats the case.
What if i used this post to gather evidence globally from......YOU?
What i am suggesting is that all the members that are interested in UFO`s try to help me here. What i am sick and tired of is trawling through photos and videos that have been edited in some way, are you?
Heres my suggestion, How about everyone who is interested at an exact time all take a picture or pictures of the sky. I know it sounds stupid but imagine if there were plenty that were interested and what we ended up with was a mass of pictures or videos all taken at more or less the same time globally?
The main advantage is that everyone one here has sense!!!! Yeah i have only been on here a short while but long enough to realise its not like most sites and doesnt seem to have the idiots.
Would it really harm anything by giving it a go?
This is just a suggestion thats all. Any takers?
It could either be a total failure or a global sky capture at a given time?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
If I'm understanding your post correctly, I believe that the problem is maybe not everyone has access to the sighting or we would not all know when it's occuring.

Of course, if there was a mass number of photographs at the same time and of the same sighting, it would be possible.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackPoison94

Sorry i didnt explain myself properly. Imagine if everyone interested was to say go outside and take a random set of photos or video at a given time (globally) and see what we can come up with?
Im tired of been fed absolute garbage, why dont we do it for ourselves?
Im not saying that we will, the chances are we wont but you cant win the lottery if you dont buy a ticket?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The problem with this I see, while its a good idea, you have to think about the numbers, take all those on ATS in the world, take all those who actually see this thread, take all those interested, take those with access to digital cameras or video equipment... once you whittle it all down youve got what a few hundred at the most id say, more likely half that in reality, spread them out around the globe and youve got minuscule coverage...

You could get lucky, but id say your luck at winning the lottery would be larger than capturing anything on film.

Good idea though, but the reality of it is little rough...the phrase 'like herding cats' comes to mind.

Not to mention the fact humanity for the most part is lumped into areas, you might get excellent overlap in cities... but everywhere else would be sorely lacking or completely missed... no to mention the oceans being a big blind spot

[edit on 10-2-2010 by BigfootNZ]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Yeah i have only been on here a short while but long enough to realise its not like most sites and doesnt seem to have the idiots.

Every site has their idots and im one of em. Ill tell y, this thread will die with only a few members reading it and nobody will want to go outside to take pictures of the sky.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
While I agree with BigfootNZ, I'm still totally prepared to give it a go. I think that any activity which is engaging people who are interested in this subject is a positive one.

I mean, why not? All I would need to do is forward an email to a bunch of people I know who are interested in this subject and ask them to do the same. As far as hobbies go, photography is as good as any, and with the potential for a growing number of people photographing all over the place, I just don't see what there is to lose, except maybe five minutes of my day. Besides, we've all heard of those people who didn't see squat in the picture until later when it was uploaded.

Organizing a particular time or day might be more trouble than it's worth. If maybe we asked for pictures within a given time frame, say a week, then each interested person would have the time to go and shoot the skies, then report back any findings. Or even just have a place to compile all of the images.

I think it's a great idea, Jazz, and I will pass it on.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Good idea. The problem though is that there WILL be the ocasional jerk who will try to paint a weird point or something so everyone gets excited about his pic... but otherwise, as someone said, any organized effort in this field is positive.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
you want pictures of the sky?

go to this website, type in any address, and arrow up

www.vpike.com...

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Well the way i look at it is this, it wont cost u anything apart from 2 mins and personally would give it a go. Im not saying that we will come up with something. One thing for sure though, if you dont try you will never know.
We`ll see how many people show an interest and then take it from there, what do you all say?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

Yes I am interested too... will keep an eye on this thread and see if this takes off or not.

Its a good idea but like others have said, I dont think many would actually make the effort to go out at a set time and take a photo/video...

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Its a great idea in theory, however, its not going to work. You see you could post a photo of a UFO that you witnessed up close, on to this site, it could be 100% genuine, but your still going to get the same people saying its a fake, that it was down by cgi or something else.

The truth is the people that don't believe in life outside our plant, will never accept the truth until they are forced to. People are scared of this truth period.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

Yes you are right but at the end of the day is it not up to ouselves to decide what you believe?
People believe in god for example, but have they actually seen him?her whatever?

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
This question belongs in yahoo answers, where you'd get equally appropriate answers, including none.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
People bang on about wanting disclosure etc but they arent prepared to make any sort of input of their own. Someone has to make the first move. It was the same with flight for example, what sort of crazy minded person would think we would be flying round in planes etc? The answer is a person that is that convinced that its possible.
How many times has people been let down regarding disclosure? Oh disclosure by xmas, theres a 2 hour booked slot on tv, or its gonna happen at the state of union address?
Im sick and tired of waiting around to find out one way or the other, i want an answer, either way.
Im not saying that this thread is going to give us that, what i do hope for is a group of people willing to just give it a go thats all.
Theres people that state that they have the information yet continue to take money off people to attend their meetings etc, that aint right at all, but imagine if here on ATS we actually captured something on tape or on a camera? and not on the likes of you tube etc? Then to have everyone trying to debunk the whole thing.
Yes i understand that some may edit pics etc but if we keep this on ATS where only members would be commenting etc, who in their right mind is going to make themselves look a right tool by doing so?
Im sure i wont be doing it and i cant imagine anyone else to be honest, they will be slated big time.
I would rather try and fail than to never had tried at all.
Anyway we`ll see what happens.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazz10
reply to post by franspeakfree

Yes you are right but at the end of the day is it not up to ouselves to decide what you believe?
People believe in god for example, but have they actually seen him?her whatever?

The problem when you get on to religion is that its faith you are talking about, not modern day video footage or eye witness accounts of the big man himself. The truth is its not about people believing what I say its about looking and researching the facts the more you look the more you find. The problem is though in order to look means to admit you may find something you don't like. This is why people stay clear of this subject, out of sight out of mind.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I will try to help u out here

Haters are going to hate, thats what they do; a lot of people here are paid to post; a lot of people here have a closed mind, so, I dont really know why they come here, I mean, its stupid, they must have some serious problem

What I am trying to say is that, no matter what proofs you get, it will never be enough, because if you show a statement by an army official, they will say wheres the video, if you post a video, they will say so what, it could be anything ... so really, if you want to do something, you need to realize that you may help some people to investigate, but a lot of people will talk trash, since, as I said above, haters are going to hate

but in my opinion, you just cant use any picture, video of UFO as some kind of proof, since computing is so advanced that anything can be created and a lot of these objects could be experimental crafts

so, the best thing would be for you to get statements from people with inside knowledge, there are a lot of good information out there ...

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Agree, those that choose to run around with their eyes shut can carry on doing so as far as i am concerned. I totally understand your point. Thanks

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I'm interested on the idea.

About people who might find it fake: ignore them. Don't take me wrong, avoiding critics goes directly in the opposite way of how I think, but people who comes here are people that wants to know the truth. If we, as a group of ATS members that only want that, catch an UFO, it will be fine for me. In this case I wouldn't need anymore than the word from honest people. If it results to be fake, then I think I'd lose the hope on this forum. But I don't think it would happen.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Spinotoror

I totally agree but i think this idea has went down like a lead balloon not many are actually interested. Wether its due to the fact people dont want to have their input taken into account or they simply cant be bothered? Who knows?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

i thinks its becuase they are scared of failure. Failure to capture anything interesting, failure to validate their belief system. Can't be giving those pesky skeptics any ammunition.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join