It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP-Shows Confidence-Tear Up ObamaCare- Start Over!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Well done. Set the tone.
Tear up the Senate and House ObamaCare bills and start over.
Concentrate on Jobs!
GOP demands ObamaCare Torn Up !

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
What happens to Pelosi pole vaulting or parachuting in over that fence?

I'd love to pack that parachute for her. One Wiley Coyote special coming up!

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Just so she is wearing pants while pole vaulting.

The dress would more than likely fly up.

Ooohhh my eyes!

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
What happens to Pelosi pole vaulting or parachuting in over that fence?

I'd love to pack that parachute for her. One Wiley Coyote special coming up!

They will try to ram it through with - reconciliation bill-.
Obama is not listening to anyone. Just push it through anyway.
When will the election take place to replace Murtha???

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
That's just what the right wants a weak useless form of Healthcare Reform. They would rather push this off for 3 more years, that way they can point to it as a failed piece of legislation against Obama. They don't want anything that Obama proposes to work, just because Obama proposed it.

Yes this is a scary bill. But it has more usefulness than a GOP plan. The GOP plan still would allow insurance companies to deny you coverage because of a Pre Existing condition. It would also make it so that insurance companies could create national monopolies.

Yes the "Obama-Care" bill isn't great, but it's much better than what the Right would put up.

Edit to add: There is no way in hell that you can say this legislation was ramrodded through, it was supposed to have been done last summer. The GOP has done a great job in slowing the process down and making damn sure that the public had plenty of time to see both versions of the bill.

What reconciled bill that the house and senate get to vote on is still up in the air, but you can't say that this thing has sped through at all. Any news show that tells you that this thing flew through the house and senate should loose credibility for saying so.

[edit on 2/10/2010 by whatukno]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012
When will the election take place to replace Murtha???

The Governor hasn't announced the date yet, but, knowing Ed Rendell you can bet that he'll try to give the Democrats every advantage possible.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Mmmmm. They want to toss out their very own provisions?

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Typical right wing tactics. Obama must fail no matter the price.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I know this is probably going to be a really unpopular point of view, but exactly why is it that I need the GD government involved in this process? I don't want a plan from either side. What I want is for them to LET IT GO.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by justinsweatt
I know this is probably going to be a really unpopular point of view, but exactly why is it that I need the GD government involved in this process? I don't want a plan from either side. What I want is for them to LET IT GO.

You must be young, have cheap premiums or no insurance at all.

Am I even close?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
My Doctor is in a practice with five other doctors. Each doctor has a receptionst and a nurse. This accounts for fifteen people. There is another fifteen people there who's entire job is to file the paperwork for all of the insurance claims. Medicare and Welfare have the most paperwork, but, they only pay about 55% of the stated costs that the patient incurrs. The other 45% and that overhead has to be paid for somehow, so it is just tacked on to the other people's insurance in the form of higher costs. This isn't a slight on people who are on Medicare and Welfare.

Some of the information that has to be reported is outrageous. They have to break down the number of patients that are seen by age, race, sex and type of condition. If they don't comply with these requests for information they are not reimbursed by the Government. Compiling all of this information and submitting the paperwork costs MONEY!

Does anybody know what the first rule of business is? All costs are passed on to the consumer. Guess who the consumer is?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Thanks. You just made a strong case for why the Healthcare system needs to be reformed.

It's broke, let's fix it.

Regards.

[edit on 10-2-2010 by kinda kurious]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

ObamaCare would be a nightmare.
Can you blame the large number of doctors who would quit
or retire early if ObamCare arrives?
Ross Perot had it right. Government should be small.

new topics

top topics

join