It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indian man's internal organs all back-to-front

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
WOW!

if creation from a perfect source is true... how did this happen?

Indian man's internal organs all back-to-front

my questions on this item are abounding!

Is this proof of an alien genetic intrusion?

Could this man be an alien?

What's really going on in India?

Quote from the Daily Telegraph:

An Indian man has ben told by doctors that all his internal organs are back-to-front in what is thought to be the only living case of "situs inversus". By Dean Nelson in New Delhi Published: 1:58PM GMT 09 Feb 2010 Doctors believe that the 64-year-old could be the only man in the world whose internal organs are in the mirror opposite position of where they should be. Ashok Shivnani was about to have surgery to remove a tumour on his kidney in Mumbai when doctors realised most of his chest and abdominal organs and many blood vessels were on the opposite side of his body. The condition is known as "situs inversus". In Mr Shivnani's case, they discovered the aorta and inferior vena cava, which pump clean blood in and impure blood from the heart were reversed. He also has two livers. "While operating we were supposed to know the exact location of everything that we are going to touch. But in this case we were not sure which veins were entering where," Dr Prakash Sanzgiri told the Times of India. Surgeons also found he had no small intestine and three vessels supplying blood to his infected kidney. More surprising is the fact that Mr Shivnani had survived two hernia operations and been examined for chronic lung disease without learning of his unique anatomy. "Never in my life did I know that my body was different," he said.

what's even more strange - if this man has this condition, and is thought to be the only human on Earth with it, how is it they have a name for it?

"situs inversus"

I begin to wonder if this man ever wondered about his condition - I mean, at 64 years of age - something must have given him a clue, right?

and NO SMALL INTESTINE?....

ok, I'm stumped. What do you folks think about this?

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
He's got 2 livers!!!!

Man I wish I had 2 livers!!

I'd put 'em to real good use!

2 livers!! awesome!

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
He is the only living person with it because 99.9% of people who have ever been born with it were stillborn, or died shortly afterwards. No small intestine? The part of the body which intakes water and nutrients from our food into the bloodstream, he must have had diarrhea his whole life, but living in India, I guess thats not that out of the ordinary.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
My understatnding about situs inversus was that it referred to left-right mirroring of organs or dextrocardia, not "front to back" inversions. That or I missed important info.

Because of its uniqueness, his condition doesn't sound like situs inversus, or at least not situs inversus totalis which has a prevalence of less than 1 in 10000. Additionally, I'm not aware of it producing missing or multiple organs.

Perhaps it's a bit of humor about why a mirror reverses left and right...A: it doesn't it reverses front and back.

[edit on 2/9/2010 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Just because someone is born different doesn't instantly mean alien geneticists are running around manipulating DNA.
Sometimes things just happen.
Tis a curious thing though that we see many instances coming from the same parts of the world when we see birth deformities.
I don't know how to explain that.
Considering he is 64 years old though..who knows what his mothers state of health was 65 years ago while pregnant that may or may not have contributed to this.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkspARCS

Is this proof of an alien genetic intrusion?

Could this man be an alien?

What's really going on in India?

Quote from the Daily Telegraph:

what's even more strange - if this man has this condition, and is thought to be the only human on Earth with it, how is it they have a name for it?

"situs inversus"

I begin to wonder if this man ever wondered about his condition - I mean, at 64 years of age - something must have given him a clue, right?

and NO SMALL INTESTINE?....

ok, I'm stumped. What do you folks think about this?

Genetics don't need aliens too mutate. No doubt he's lucky to live aslong as he has, but stranger stuff has happend in India.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Ever wondered how many of us are walking genetic mutant freaks?

I mean, its not like we test for that stuff without a good reason. Case in point, doctors thought my son might have a genetic condition and recommended genetic testing. Went to see the genetist, who basically said, "Yeah, he's got some characteristics but is missing others, nothing major is effected, if you just want to know his DNA profile that test is $4000 bucks."

They never would have discovered this man's unique physique otherwise....interesting.

Great read!

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

But no small intestine. I dunno about you, but I'm kind of fond of my small intestine.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I have a theory, it has been studied, that human beings instinctively size up genetics based on built in "animal" attraction i.e. facial symmetry, hip size, etc. Thus allowing for a natural ability to "sniff out" (if you will) a mate with good genetics. India, is widely known for arranging marriages based on religious beliefs. Therefore eliminating the possibility for instinctive selection. Which in turn could be leading to the wide array of physical birth defects among that population. Just a theory.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

It's more than a theory, my friend.

anthropology.net...Link to anthropological study of beauty

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
If a person was to be pulled in the 4th spacial dimension and be reversed, this is what would happen, a reversing of all of the internal organs. There are some other ways this could happen that don't require being flipped in the fourth dimension... but they are highly complicated.

This isn't some New Age stuff I'm talking about, it is an actual theory of what could happen to a human being pulled into the fourth spacial dimension and reversed. Do some research on it.

Star and flag for the thread.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

I thought that left-right switches like this were known to occur occasionally...for example in my copy of Gould + Pyle's Anomalies And Curiosities Of Medicine (what a fun book!) we find on page 291 under "complete transposition of the viscera" three paragraphs of examples.

There are several cases of complete transposition of the viscera on record.This bizarre anomaly was probably observed first in 1650 by Riolanus, but the most celebrated case was that of Morand in 1660...

...Albert, Baron, Béclard, Boyer, Bull, Mackensie, Hutchinson, Hunt, Murray, Dareste, Curran, Musser, Sabatier, Shrady, Vulpian, Wilson, and Wehn are among others reporting instances of transposition and inversion of the viscera.

It is an interesting subject, though, and the no-small-intestine bit of the Indian patient calls out to my curiosity, in particular...

[edit on 9-2-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Great theory, this should bee looked in to more. I don't understand how arranged marriage could ever been considered a logical part of a culture.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
you see all the smoke that comes out of chimneys, all that pollution is bad for us... if you think this is weird you should go look at the mutations and diseases in china due to pollution

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Have you read the latest Guiness Book of records yet? India just seems to have more " freaks of nature " per capita than any other country IMO.

I don't know about India too much, but I don't think I'll ever vacation there.

Peace

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by DarkspARCS

Medical mysteries are amazing. Clearly this isn't really a problem, two livers? Sounds like a step up from what I have.

However it makes you think, if the west was catapulted into the industrial revolution like China and India were/are what would we have ended up with?

[edit on 10-2-2010 by JohnBadger]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
There are a lot of mutations in India. My guess is there is a guy some where in India that has two penis heads. LMAO!

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   
His organs are front to back? Does this mean he takes a piss out his ass?

join