It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crimes Against Humanity Forum

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I have just been watching a program and some of the things discussed and shown made me consider all of the crimes against humanity.

It then dawned on me that we have so many threads here on ATS that include these crimes, yet each crime is included in news topics or in relation to a particular part of our history.

For example there are many threads about WW2 and 911 which include said crimes but are all over the place in ATS itself due to topic nature/content.

This program made me realise that we have not discovered, or have not heard of, many other crimes against humanity. There is a mass of untapped history available out there that I feel many ATS members would just love to write about. Obviously, there is always some new crime committed or discovered every day in the news or other places. Many of these stories go unheard or discarded or swept under the carpet.

One such story I have only just heard about today and I am horrified by it.. and yes, it took place in the USA, was uncoverd by a reporter in the 60's yet it was not stopped until the 80's.

Therefore, I ask for a forum that will allow these crimes against humanity to be put in one place. I already have a few stories with which to begin such a forum, all I need is somewhere to put them.

Thank you for your time and consideration of my request.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I have a few posts i can put up also.

I agree with the OP.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Extralien

There are so many avenues where that might lead.

Crime Against Humanity

Quote from : Wikipedia : Crime Against Humanity

Crimes against humanity, as defined by the Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court Explanatory Memorandum, "are particularly odious offences in that they constitute a serious attack on human dignity or grave humiliation or a degradation of one or more human beings.

They are not isolated or sporadic events, but are part either of a government policy (although the perpetrators need not identify themselves with this policy) or of a wide practice of atrocities tolerated or condoned by a government or a de facto authority.

Murder; extermination; torture; rape and political, racial, or religious persecution and other inhumane acts reach the threshold of crimes against humanity only if they are part of a widespread or systematic practice.

Isolated inhumane acts of this nature may constitute grave infringements of human rights, or depending on the circumstances, war crimes, but may fall short of falling into the category of crimes under discussion."

A forum on it might work.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 02:20 AM
link   

G'day Extralien

That would be a cheerful thread.

......so the next day......

Maybe...maybe not sits down to enjoy ATS after a hard day getting beaten up at work, beaten up by the Mrs, beaten up by the kids.....

"I know, I'll look at the Crimes Against Humanity Forum! That'll cheer me up!"

Regards
Maybe.....maybe not

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

It may or may not be a cheerful thread...depends on your point of view really.

The initial idea came to me as quite an important issue. It's something we skirt around in a lot of threads, yet never really tackle as an individual topic.

Making others aware of any such criminal activity might actually ring some bells and something might just get done about it... you nevr can tell.

One example I am wanting to write about shocked me quite deeply. As it will others. And, as I have said, happened quite recently in the USA.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

G'day Extralien

I do understand your point regarding such a forum

But gee.....

It certainly would be an intense forum & not for the "feint hearted"!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 10-2-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:33 AM
link   

That's correct.

It would certainly be a place where real, horrific events need to be aired and discussed.

We talk about, see pictures of and are generally aware of the holocaust and various other similar attrocities, but there are many more that go on in our daily lives that we just simply don't hear about, don't investigate and do nothing about... allowing these crimes to continue in some cases.

For example, there was a news report just the other day on how burglaries have dropped because of globalisation, yet the methods to get these prices so low are mostly ignored or unheard of by many of us whilst thousands of people suffer torment, slavery, preventable diseases and terrible deaths;
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This, in my mind, is a crime against humanity. The way we are allowing this pollution to continue, our own parts in supporting these 'cheap goods'. We're all guilty in one form or another yet nothing is done about it, and as you can see by the thread i've posted as an example, I'm either over reaching my step or people just don't care.

Too comfy watching their cheap DVD's whilst safe in the knowledge they wont get burgled... Being burgled is a small price to pay in comparison to what some people go through in order for you to have your 'luxuries'.

Many of the people who contribute towards making such items never get to own something like a DVD player.
But then, they don't need a dvd player..they just simply want a roof over their heads, food on the table and a good healthy family, and they are struggling, and dying, to do those basic things because of the greed of others.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Is there a crime which is in favor of humanity?
Not for my definition of crime anyway.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

G'day Extralien

I am aware of the report to which you allude & I clearly understand & agree with the point you are making in your reply.

As I think about it.....

You would need strict moderation in such a forum...... otherwise, the "crazies" will get in & derail things.

You know.....the kind of "crazies" who will get in & say.....

"Such & such a race of people are a plague upon humanity, etc...."

You would also need to ensure the "big corporate" & "big pharma" bash-ups stayed at least a little bit balanced.....all is not completely evil in there

It could get a bit rough.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I like the idea, I cover a lot of reports and have numerous friends in Zimbabwe-a Crimes Against Humanity section is something I fully endorse and hope to see created.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Hiya

If I, or you, or anyone else for that matter, was to say that "such and such a race of people are a plague upon Humanity", then that is discrimination. That is only a crime in certain countries.

If we were to act upon those people, say by killing them all, then that is a crime against humanity.

Being sure of defining the differences is about the only trouble mods would have with such a forum.

the "big corporate" & "big pharma" bash-ups, as you so eloquently put it, are just that...bash ups.. it is not until a particular type of crime has been performed against humanity that anything can be done about them. They can keep on poisoning us slowly with all the junk they want to pump into us, but proving they are doing that and proving people are being harmed from it would make it a crime against humanity...otherwise it's just a 'conspiracy theory'

Yeah it could get a bit rough.. but you gotta take the rough with the smooth. If everything was plain sailing, the horizon would always look the same and you'd feel you're not getting anywhere.

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Thank you very much for your support, infinite.
Strong words from someone as well respected as you are.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Japans "Unit 731"

Ever hear of it???

I hadn't...until three minutes ago..

I had just done a tweet and refreshed my page when another tweet appeared..
Curiosity struck and what I found was a bit of a surprise.

They did a very good job in covering this up.. This is the first time that I have heard of it.. I'm almost 100% positive I have not read about it before...

Unit 731

Have a read.. there's some video at the bottom too...
Just goes to show how things like this can pop out of the woodwork.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Indeed i have, a very nasty bunch of psychotic individuals.

posted on Feb, 16 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
The only problem isee with a new crimes against humanity board is that it would just turn into another soap box for the preacher types, "crimes against hummanity" would become a mash up uf all the other boards this is what would come out of it
UFOs-"By not disclosing UFOs the government is commiting crimes against humanity"
Politics-"Electing ________ is commiting a crime against humanity"
Religion-"Religion is a crime against humanity"/"Not loving jesus is commiting a crime against humanity"
Global warming-"Driving a car is commiting a crime against humanity"
Alternative substances "weed is illegal and that is like a crime against humanity d00d"
Everything really fits into its own board if it is about conspiracy all the bases are covered but if it is not about conspiracy and just about a crime then it does not belong on ATS

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
IMO it'll be hard to distinguish Crimes against Humanity from other other Crimes. There are people who do not consider any other law except their nation's law likewise there are some who opt for Geneva Conventions and U.N.S.C laws more than their own nation's law. It will be difficult to ascertain which topics should be moved to a Crimes against Humanity section. My suggestion go for Global Conflict or something similar.

top topics

join