It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fahrenheit & Freemasonry

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Somebody.
Talk to me about this.

This relation between 32 freezing, 96 human body, and 212 boiling is just arbitrary, yet mathematically significant? That is simply too much to fathom.

And 96 is nearly the scientifically observed 98.6 body temperature?

And Fahrenheit just picked 96 so it could be divided by 12 parts, and he ends up with the precise 32 + 180 = 212 condition?! Are you serious?!!

Also, is salt+ice really 32 degrees below freezing? What is the Universe telling us?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
And to discover this he used MERCURY?!!!!

How deep does it go?

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I think this is why Celcius went with 0 to 100.

I think Celcius was deeply disturbed by this 32-96-98.6-212 issue and had to get rational about it all with a centigrade scale.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
32 is a very old mystical number stemming from thousands of years ago, from the Hebrew and Pythagoreans. It represented the heart. 32 is the munber of the paths of the tarot, and more. Scottish rite masonry was really the first to kick it up a notch to 33 degrees, quite unfoundedly might I add.

But the Scottish Rite did not "kick it up a notch" from 32 to 33. It was always 33 degrees. The 33 degrees of the Scottish Rite came from merging the French Rite of Perfection of 25 degrees with the Philosophical Rite, which had 8 degrees. Obviously, 25 plus 8 equals 33.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire
I think this is why Celcius went with 0 to 100.

I think Celcius was deeply disturbed by this 32-96-98.6-212 issue and had to get rational about it all with a centigrade scale.
Except Celsius has to deal with negative numbers more often. And the 0 to 60 scale involved fractions, also not good.

He set 0 as the coldest thing he could reproduce in a lab... a brine solution that was colder than the freezing point of regular water. That way, in his limited exposure, there was "nothing" colder than 0. No negatives necessary.

He was already measuring length in feet, so divisions of 12 were commonplace. double 12 to 24, double 24 to 48, double 48 to 96. And yes, on a scale of brine=0 to human=96, freezing water did happen to be 32. Boiling water was a later development. When someone else realized that the difference between freezing water and boiling water was CLOSE to 180 degrees away, but not quite. When they adjusted it to be 180 even, then the measurement for body temp slid from 96 to 98.6, but that wasn't by Farenheit's original choice.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
reply to post by JoshNorton

you silly masons don't know that the original 32 came from a masonic tradition of not letting more than 32 masons enter a meeting. A keg of beer holds 160 beers. No mason shall consume more than 5 beers at any one time, hence 5 X 32 = 160. I could go into way more detail, but I fear that I have already given more masonic secrets away than I should have.

Excuse me sir, but try not to forget your obligations and oaths.

Having said that, Sir Sanford Fleming was a Freemason and you can thank him for Standard Time and Time zones.

Freemasonry helps you to get to work on time!

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Moonsouljah

Perhaps you should forget about temperature,
You may have more Joy considering degrees of arc.

PEACE,
RK

posted on Feb, 11 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabaret Voltaire
Somebody.
Talk to me about this.

This relation between 32 freezing, 96 human body, and 212 boiling is just arbitrary, yet mathematically significant? That is simply too much to fathom.

And 96 is nearly the scientifically observed 98.6 body temperature?

And Fahrenheit just picked 96 so it could be divided by 12 parts, and he ends up with the precise 32 + 180 = 212 condition?! Are you serious?!!

Also, is salt+ice really 32 degrees below freezing? What is the Universe telling us?

The trick was to make a scale that anyone could replicate. "imperial" scales are intuitive; they can be made by dividing things into 2s and 3s, which is fairly easy to arrive at.

96 is capable of more integer divisors that 100 is.

if you divide 96 in halves, you get, 48, 24, 12, 6 and 3.

if you divide 100 in halves, you get 50, 25 . . . and that's it, unless you can make decimal marks on your mercury-filled tube with a metal file....

100 cannot be divided in 3 at all.

This is a basic failing of the "rational" metric system. The numbers are easier on paper, but illogical in the field. But that's another thread.

Again, Fahrenheit was working in the days of lone scientists, who had to manufacture their own instruments, often separated by hundreds of miles, hostile governments, and sometimes working decades later than other researchers. Fahrenheit was making a scale that YOU could use to build your own weather station, regardless of whether you were a scientist in Norway or the Jamaica. You could boil water, and make that mark, then use body temp to make that mark a second mark, and have 120 degrees (in his original scale). YOU could report on weather conditions in your station, and compare them directly with Europe.

This was a huge advantage for naturalists like Darwin, who probably couldn't have kept a sealed tube of mercury intact as they went on a two-year sailing voyage to the other side of the globe.

The current advantage of the F scale is that it has smaller units than celsius. The distance between 69-72 F is only one degree difference in C, but it means the difference between a jacket and shirtsleeves for many people. And most weatjer forecasts dont give decimals for celsius predivtions

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Well alright then. There ya go.

I think it is weird that 32 and 212 are 180 degrees apart. Just coincidence.
I think it is weird that 96 is 3 times 32, but y'all don't think Fahrenheit thought about that, so it is just coincidence.
I think it is weird that the whole scheme just happened to hit upon 32 as a freezing point, but it is just coincidental.

Oh well. There is still the 32 paths of Jewish stuff prior to it all. And the other 32 thing I am aware of, prior to it all. And then the 32 degrees of Scottishness + 1. (I think the Masons are choosing the number for the same reason that the Jewish wise men chose the number, which is the reason that I am alluding to, the one Blavatsky hipped me to, from some old timey Hindu something Aryan something or other.)

I guess it ~really is~ some special Universe math deal. It is some sacred numbers of the Universe. I stand in awe of it all. Case closed.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I still think it disturbed Mr. Celcius.

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 10:22 AM
link   
98.6-32=66.6
Simple

posted on Aug, 28 2022 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cabaret Voltaire
reply to post by Moonsouljah

Royal Society. BINGO!

I've got the Robert Lomas book "Freemasonry And The Birth Of Modern Science" so this makes sense to me. It is obvious.

I didn't know there was a book published on the subject, but came to the same conclusion independently.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join