It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mandelbrot to Mandelbulb - 3D Infinity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by royalred

Thanks, I understand better where that's coming from now.

Like many I'm sure, I've played around with the fractal software that creates images in both 2D and 3D. I've never entirely been able to see how this would apply to nature and read opinions both ways. You gave me a better answer than I've had, thanks again.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by StaceyWilson

Oh yes... thanks. I can see how that "animated" gif on the wiki site perfectly illustrates a fully rendered and animated model.

If all people needed to fully render was a copy of Flash, just think of the amazing things we could see! I can't understand why Pixar isn't going that route.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Here is my theory of “fractal realities,” based on my current understanding of the forces:

At the center of every particle is a string of energy, vibrating at a certain frequency(or wavelength.) These particles come together through the strong force and form the nucleus of the atom. What we feel as solid is just the electromagnetic fields(look up electromagnetic force) generated by the nuclei of the atoms that form our hands, rubbing against the electromagnetic fields of the atoms that form the objects that we touch.

Now we can't see these fields either because they’re really invisible, are “black” or "colorless"(we can only detect them), or they’re too small to be reflected by visible light(we can't see anything which size is smaller than the wavelength of visible light. One can assume that everything around us is actually “black” or dark. We see it this way only because light shines upon them.) It is only when these fields(atoms) combined, that make them big enough to be reflected by visible light, and we see it as our hands(in much the same way that we can see water, but not the individual hydrogen and oxygen atom), and the objects that we touch.

Now I’m sure many of you have seen a movie where a blue field can feel like a solid. So the best way to visualize the “real” universe or the universe “underneath” is to imagine a dark place where every human being is made up of a bunch of very tiny blue fields(even though they’re really invisible or black.)

Now try to imagine the universe curled up as a tiny black sphere, formed by the last force, which is gravity. Imagine other universes as tiny black spheres. Imagine these tiny black spheres grouping together to form a “human” or “entity” in the 5th dimension. Imagine all the humans and “realities and alternate realities” in that dimension curled up in tiny black spheres and form a human or entity in the 6th dimension, and so on, up to 10 dimensions, where these tiny black spheres form a being that we call “God,” in the 11th dimension.

It stops here because, well, the math only works to here. More than likely, what happens is that all configurations of space time of EVERY universe(5th-7th represent all configurations of space-time of “our” universe, 8th-10th represent all configurations of space-time of ALL universes) have been “thought of” by the Creator. Either that or he has not “experienced” otherwise.

If my theory is true, then God is just a human who’s made up of an “almost” infinite potential configurations of space-time. One can extend that and say that every atom in our body is a potential configuration of space-time, of the 3rd dimension. Of course, I have no clues what that means, except that it fits with the clichés.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I think alot of you new-agers a making way too much of fractals again.

Always blithering on about 'higher consciousness' and 'spiritual energy'.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I have almost all the fractal programs one could have - have been into fractals for a long time - have thousands of pictures on my HD. I want this program - I NEED this program! I LOVE IT!

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Really cool
I instantly thought of that one beginning to The Simpsons.

But what I don't understand is if the Universe is really just a continuous circle or Toroidal Structure, how does the extreme small and the extreme large connect?

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Piché

In the eye of the observer?
Mebbe in the other eye...

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LuxFestinus

I believe a fractilised algorithm was used to render the landscapes in the Dynamix game Tribes2 back in what I term the golden age of online gaming - when I was a bit of a gamer.

I cannot confirm that fractals were used in tribes2 other than to say that from reading a thread that talked of fractals being part of the rendering process of tribes2 me and two others decided to check this out for ourselves.

We joined a Katabatica server (an ice world) and I took a thunder sword bomber with my two friends as crew on a short trip outside of the game zone. The short trip however ended up becoming a fast low level flight of over two hours and thoughts of nose-diving our ship into a mountain rather than consider embarking upon another two hour return journey began to be a topic of conversation over voice.

We touched down on top of a mountain to take in a view of infinity and take lots of screenshots.

It really was one of those “wow” moments that to this day still makes me wonder how dynamix”” managed to incorporate what does seem to have been fractals as an integral part of landscape generation so early in the history of game development.

By the way for those that wish to make your own fractal movies I have this link for you. It will take you to a program called fractal extreme where you can download the free version. I have the bought version because I have a thing for fractal movies and I love to watch them them often while listening to binaural beats.

FractalsExtreme

I hope you find the program enjoyable, I happen to love it just as much as I love this diamond of a thread.

By the way you can also download tribes2 for free now and the links can be found at Wikipedia FYI so if you wish to see fractals converted to an interactive never ending gaming environment then it might be worth your time but be warned it can induce much smiling and vacant eyed drooling

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Wow.. I read this thread and watched all the vids before bed and in my dream I traveled deeply through one it was soo vivid and amazing and beautiful, will never forget that dream!

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Your pic (Check out this image of a mice brain compared with a 3D render of the universe) Has given me a theory,.....
Im not a believer of God but, and I hope that you all can understand the way I explain things... Your pic of the Brain Neuron and the Universe gave me the idea that our Universe is a brain of a bigger person (who we call God) and inside each of our brain Neurons are smaller universes inside where there are tiny people who call us God, ect ect..... Just like the pattern inside a Fractral.

Im sorry if this idea has already been posted ive not had the time to look through the entire thread...

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
How is that possible though? Can a God be unaware of his own creations?

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Maybe we are aware of this creation, through thoughts and feelings of this bigger entity? The brain still has mysteries, unbeknown to us.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by zara_bow

Your idea is a bit similar to mine. It's possible that we are part of a huge cosmic individual that perceive light years as we perceive meters, the same way that the people in our brain perceive the "femtometer."

According to Einstein's length contraction, we perceive length differently when we move, so perhaps what we perceive as light years is merely a meter for that cosmic individual.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by np6888

Yes, that is the exact same idea of time preception I have.

[edit on 9/2/10 by zara_bow]

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by KyleOrtonArmy

It's not new-age. String theory is very valid. Also, according to Einstein, an observer at rest will perceive the length of an object moving near the speed of light as near zero. Since everything in the universe is moving at the speed of light, it would not be surprising if an individual outside of the universe would see it as a very small spot.

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RogerT

Here's a cool (and colorful) site with plenty of full-spectrum examples of 3D fractals:

Hypercomplex Fractals

And below is a short video I compiled using some of the animations created by Paul Nylander entitled Hypercomplex Fractal Animations:

posted on Feb, 9 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by zara_bow

Your pic (Check out this image of a mice brain compared with a 3D render of the universe) Has given me a theory,.....
Im not a believer of God but, and I hope that you all can understand the way I explain things... Your pic of the Brain Neuron and the Universe gave me the idea that our Universe is a brain of a bigger person (who we call God) and inside each of our brain Neurons are smaller universes inside where there are tiny people who call us God, ect ect..... Just like the pattern inside a Fractral.

Originally that image appeared in the NY Times in a science article, the caption read:

One is only micrometers wide. The other is billions of light years across. One shows neurons in a mouse brain. The other is a simulated image of the universe. Together they suggest the surprisingly similar patterns found in vastly different natural phenomena.

I agree with you, it's an interesting concept - minds within minds within minds. Here's another comparative image below:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2eb52d2d8fcb.jpg[/atsimg]
*Neuron/Universe Comparison (full-res version from the NY Times)

*Millennium Simulation (the project page for the creation of the universe image above)

*Simulating the joint evolution of quasars, galaxies and their large-scale distribution (the scientific paper on the project)

*Relevant Media (data & subsequent media created from the research)

This video features the 3D 'Millenium Simulation' combined with a neural net 'fly-through':

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

Evasius. You blew me away with this. This is by far the most impressive thread I have ever seen on ATS. I starred and flagged earlier, but had to come back and see it again.

Just Extraordinary!

We sure have come a long way.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/584c7667a9cd.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The universe I would say through my studies, is torroidal. Fractality is a biological concept in nature. You can't apply it to space time and planetary constructs - that is what geometry is for. Inanimate objects. But, we are nowhere close to understanding these concepts fully.

posted on Feb, 10 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
The flow of energy is quite different in Living Organisms compared to Inanimate matter and the space which we call a "vacume" but I believe dark matter inhabits all space so there would be no real "vacume."

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join