It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Khamenei: Iran Set to Deliver 'Punch' to Stun West on Anniversary

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Perhaps it means they will test their first nuclear device all the while thumbing their nose at us and the rest of the world who clearly know this regime is insane. Even though GWB was 2 tacos short of a full combo himself. They say punch....WE say you open a can of WHOOP A$$ for yourself.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I dont know. I dont think China or Russia would even be happy with an Iranian test...that would be suicide.

These folks are dramatic...they like to talk things up then introduce a new helicopter or something LOL.

Originally posted by CaptGizmo
Perhaps it means they will test their first nuclear device all the while thumbing their nose at us and the rest of the world who clearly know this regime is insane. Even though GWB was 2 tacos short of a full combo himself. They say punch....WE say you open a can of WHOOP A$$ for yourself.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
already posted earlier thread

Iran's leader say's Feb. 11th punch will stun west 20 minutes ago

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Disabling all western and Israeli defenses and all global communications and electronic would be impressive, then they could annihilate us all.

Anything less than that, and Iran gets a major FAIL.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenBicMan
reply to post by Walkswithfish

Who knows if this is even real.

Well the Israelis may think it's a real threat. Remember two Israeli missile boats past through the canal a couple of days ago. I'm pretty sure the Brass at the Pentagon are watching closley as well. Most likely just Rhetoric. But one just never knows. Also they are going to have a few thousand people or more in the streets protesting their Government that very day.

IRAN: Opposition and hard-liners get ready for 22 Bahman confrontations

Iran's hard-line government and the green-themed opposition are gearing up for another confrontation Thursday, this time on the 22nd day of the Persian calendar month of Bahman, the 31st anniversary of the Islamic Revolution.

This weekend the Coordinating Council of Reform Front, a coalition that brings together 17 moderate political groups, called on supporters to head to the streets Thursday, traditionally a time of pro-government rallies.

"We’ll come on 22 Bahman to show that the green movement is intertwined with national and religious values and it insists on its rightful demands stipulated in the constitution," said a notice in Persian posted to several websites.

"We’ll come to make our voices heard by our comrades, friends, rivals and enemies -- to tell them that the green movement is independent, and it will spare no efforts to revive and protect the values, implement the law, ensure liberty for the nation and save the society. ... We’ll call for return to ideals and principles instead of jail, violence and confrontation with the nation."

[edit on 8-2-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Where? Must be in another forum i dont see it on the front page here.

Originally posted by freetree64
already posted earlier thread

Iran's leader say's Feb. 11th punch will stun west 20 minutes ago

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

It is in another forum, didn't get source posted successfully, so it went to middle east issues...no worrie's

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Just spit-ballin here but what about a political curve ball aimed at the west?

www.presstv.com...

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Perhaps they're opening their first nuclear power plant, with an open invitation for inspectors and a message to the world that the West and Israel are war-lovin', propaganda spewin' aggressors?

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by The Undertaker

That... if what your implying is factual and come's to pass would sure save a lot of time, and cause shock waves around the globe.... Good god, I hope your spitball misses the strike zone... S&f for you though

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Explanation: This is my minds, off the cuff, knee jerk musings....

Didn't Iran test some hyper speed torpedo a few yrs back?

If the Iranians somehow destroyed a US or US allies submarine it would send a massive message!

So deep beneath the waves a Russian supllied cavetating hyperspeed torpedo pops and bursts a US sub etc and meanwhile above the waves we are all none the wiser!

Personal Disclosure:
Can the economically weakened US really afford for the Gulf of Oman to be closed and world oil prices to spike due to oil shortages. Venezuela definately won't help the US protect its oil reserves which might just get harshly depleted if the US has to open another front in the war on terror.

P.S. What the hell happens if North Korea has traded a nuke or two + missiles in return for say a massive influx of Irans Oil. Say that was endorsed by the Chinese and or Russians. What happens then?

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
So deep beneath the waves a Russian supllied cavetating hyperspeed torpedo pops and bursts a US sub etc and meanwhile above the waves we are all none the wiser!

The US wouldn't bother invading Iran. They would just start pounding everything in sight from the air. [I'm not Advocating an Attack] WAR? No war, just a complete overwhelming response.

Sits and waits for the "China and Russia" would attack the US in response Crowd to show up.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Explanation:
Fair enough! I was just musing off the cuff and in a knee jerk way!

Personal Disclosure: I hope the US doesn't do the same as me with its response to whatever happens on the 11th of Feb 2010!

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Maybe the opening of a crude oil bourse with a non-dollar standard? Other then the Kish bourse for only oil-derived products..a new benchmark on the crude oilmarket and an attack on the Dollar..[backed by all OPEC nations?]

[edit on 8-2-2010 by Foppezao]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

The US wouldn't bother invading Iran. They would just start pounding everything in sight from the air. [I'm not Advocating an Attack] WAR? No war, just a complete overwhelming response.

Sits and waits for the "China and Russia" would attack the US in response Crowd to show up.

Don't be too sure of yourself Slayer, there's a lot more occuring than anyone of use really know.

All we can do is wait.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Ummmm stuff like that is when the US sits back and presses a button.

Iranian leadership is off, but they arent that dumb.

As far as Iran using this date to initiate an attack when everyone is looking for it? No freaking way. Iran doesnt want to attack anyone other than Israel and they wont want to do that uintil they think they can actually pull it off. And they wont do that by announcing it before hand!!

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Since Khamanei was speaking to his air force staff when this announcement was made, he is probably speaking of the new drone or "stealth" fighter they supposedly have.

Folks have to put this into perspective, when Iran says they will stun the West with their "new stuff" we must remember that it is just new to them.

Okay Iran...you have a stealth fighter? The US had them since the 1970's. Blah, blah, blah.

Surprise us and the world with something NEW that ONLY you have and then we will all be impressed.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
there's a lot more occuring than anyone of use really know.

All we can do is wait.

Just giving a very real possible response to a hypothetical scenario. We will just have to sit and wait for sure.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
What would stun the west but appease the middle east? Attack Isreal. I do hope that such a move does not ever take place, but, it is the first scenario that came to mind.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The regime, will make a declaration..

Whatever that declaration will be is the stunning part..

A declaration is the only thing you would issue a warning shot over..

Perhaps they signed a defense pact with someone, or started an alliance. Who knows..

I am quiting smoking so I am not going to really care to much about this Nutjob.. I really do not think it will be that significant.. Yet hey man, this nutIamanutjob, is crazy and kinda crazy smart..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join