It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lake Vostok Magnetic Anomaly - Secret Nazi Base?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The magnetic anomaly at the north end of Lake Vostok poses some interesting questions.

“This anomaly is so large that it cannot be the product of a daily change in the magnetic field,” stated Michael Studinger, one of the researchers involved in the mapping endeavor."

"Also significant was the sheer size of the anomaly: 65 by 46 square miles. According to the mission’s geological team, the anomaly’s size and severity pointed to the fact that geological changes had taken place under the lake, suggesting the possibility that it was a place where “the earth’s crust was thinner'"

www.s8int.com...

We have the classic NASA involvement indicative of a Nazi project.

They were going to drill down to it and then suddenly everything went dark.

You see, if you are going to locate a secret facility in antarctica you have one problem. What do you do with all that heat? If you located it on a nunatak or on the ice the heat signature would give it away immediately to any satellite.

Even if you put a facility in a mountain you still have to deal with the heat. You see, granite doesn't transfer heat very well so if you are generating electricity particularly if you engaged in manufacturing saucers you are going to be creating a lot of heat and that heat has to be exchanged somewhere.

But if you go under the ice a couple of miles then that heat just melts the ice and makes a big lake and you cannot see the heat or facility at the surface. And there seem to be several such lakes in addition to Vostok. Lake Vostok is now the sie of Lake Erie.

A similar situation existis in the Andes where it appears the cooling systems have been located underneath the water of the lakes.

creatorsdream.com...

[edit on 8-2-2010 by MrWizard]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
There are quite a few of those lakes in S. America, if you are to believe google earth and youtube.
Search " youtube google earth secret places " or somesuch, and there are a few people showing these lakes (with what I thought were cities in them).
Your idea makes more sense!

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
All those missing Nazi scientists, mechanics, high command personel had to go somewhere!

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWizard

Trippy stuff, huh..?

Here is a post by David from back in the day.

Probably the biggest mystery is evidence of a huge magnetic anomoly. Encompassing the Southwest corner of the lake, 65 X 46 miles there are indications that the geological structure changes beneath the lake. One quick theory is that this indicates a thinner crust in the surface of the continent. Another mystery is that ice core samples have proved that micro-organisms live 11,886 feet deep under the ice. That is over 2 miles down! If the ice core is drilled another 400 feet or so it will enter an pristine atmosphere sealed off for millions of years.

Regardless of the cause, this place is unique.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I would hazard a guess that the Russians have one very large nuke ready to be dropped down one of those boreholes just in case.

The threat was made and registered that if they drilled all the way through the Nazis would release a bioweapon on them and blame it on a primordial bacteria present in the lake. IMHO.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
First post on here so be gentle with me
What are peoples thoughts regarding what is going on down in the Antarctic, and the Comet Elinin. Does anyone think there is a correlation between the two, or just a coincidence?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   

But if you go under the ice a couple of miles then that heat just melts the ice and makes a big lake and you cannot see the heat or facility at the surface. And there seem to be several such lakes in addition to Vostok. Lake Vostok is now the sie of Lake Erie.

Let's walk through this.

So if you build a facility a couple miles under the ice, and that facility produces heat so it melts the ice above you creating a lake....isn't the facility now underwater?

So the "Nazis" have an underwater, UFO building, facility in antarctica.

Are you sure this is the Nazis and not Cobra??? It really sounds like something Destro and Cobra Commander would put together.

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindSpin

Let's walk through this.

So if you build a facility a couple miles under the ice, and that facility produces heat so it melts the ice above you creating a lake....isn't the facility now underwater?

Are you sure this is the Nazis and not Cobra??? It really sounds like something Destro and Cobra Commander would put together.

That is too funny... My big question is if a group of Nazis were going to build a giant base under the ice sheet how do they get under a there? Do they dig a giant hole and then crawl in and then rebury themselves? I am confused about this... If the aliens built the base why Antarctica? If they have such advanced capabilities why don't they find a nice quiet island in the pacific? So how do they get the UFOs out?

posted on Feb, 9 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheHistorian

Originally posted by MindSpin

Let's walk through this.

That is too funny... My big question is if a group of Nazis were going to build a giant base under the ice sheet how do they get under a there? Do they dig a giant hole and then crawl in and then rebury themselves? I am confused about this... If the aliens built the base why Antarctica? If they have such advanced capabilities why don't they find a nice quiet island in the pacific? So how do they get the UFOs out?

Dear Mr Historian, may I suggest reading the history of Admiral Richard Byrd and Operation Highjump.

posted on Feb, 13 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

I have an elementary knowledge of both subjects and I find both to be extremely suspect at best... I have yet to see anything that points to anything other than the mundane. This goes back to my core belief that not ever action carried out is part of some larger conspiracy. In my opinion, this is one of the big mistakes with conspiracy theorists/theories is that NOT everything can be a conspiracy.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Well, looking at the vid from the Andes, many of those seemed way to regular in pattern and soforth to be anything but a flaw in the image itself. But, some of the latter really did look like something fishy, kinda stuck on that.

As for operation Highjump and Mr.Byrd, there is alot of unanswered questions.
I do have some questions related to a "secret nazi base" under the ice tho:

How did they get all the materials needed for construction there?

It is a well documented fact that Germany was struggling economically near the end of the war. Does this mean you think they used tons of jewish loot to fund the build?

Last, how do they keep the base supplied?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Not sure about this , but I heard that after the war. Many U boats were missing. The newer diesel electric kind. Or thats what I recall hearing many years ago. I believe it was up to 100 subs? Dont know if this is true. Just some thing I recall hearing. They could have used those subs to supply materials ect to their base. If there is a base there.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
nice fresh water source...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Well, looking at the vid from the Andes, many of those seemed way to regular in pattern and soforth to be anything but a flaw in the image itself. But, some of the latter really did look like something fishy, kinda stuck on that.

As for operation Highjump and Mr.Byrd, there is alot of unanswered questions.
I do have some questions related to a "secret nazi base" under the ice tho:

How did they get all the materials needed for construction there?

It is a well documented fact that Germany was struggling economically near the end of the war. Does this mean you think they used tons of jewish loot to fund the build?

Last, how do they keep the base supplied?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
I think its safe to say that even with todays technology we would struggle to maintain a livable environment there. Isn't it more likely that its some sort of unexplained natural phenomenon?

Its still just as exciting.

The fact that the drilling had to stop because of the temperature drop makes a base very unlikely. Where in the 40's would we have found equipment to:
a) Build the base in the first place, because if you can't stay there longer than the drillers have, how the hell can you build a huge base capable of building the so called Nazi UFO's.

b) Get the base supplied.Equipment, food etc.

c) With equipment available to the Nazi's which given the time it would have been built, being very basic.

d) What the hell are they using it for?

My point is, we have had to stop drilling because we cannot survive there long enough to breach the surface. You would not be able to stay anywhere near long enough to build a house, let alone a huge Nazi base.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Well if we are being completely theoretical, i do think Germany had, sadly, a very large workforce at hand. Say, they smuggle 2500 Jewish prisoners to the arctic. That is a very small number compared to the total toll of deaths, and easily hidden in the mess the Nazi`s left behind.

So, workforce is covered.

Onwards to the drilling operation itself!
What if they found a natural "cave" in the ice, built a ramshackle shelter at the opening, and drilled from there?
Such as:

I would imagine that solution to offer some shelter?
I really do not know how one would keep drilling the ice in the magnitude described, but surely mankind has done impossible things before.

Last, if i am to be completely, and absolutely mindbogglingly open minded, the food and water supply is next.
Water can be extracted. This we already know.
For the foodstuffs, i would imagine fish to be a viable solution?

Perhaps even seaweeds and other oceanic plantlife.

And no, just to be clear, i do not think there IS a base there. Merely trying too see if i my mind can fathom if it`s even possible.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eisenhorn
Well if we are being completely theoretical, i do think Germany had, sadly, a very large workforce at hand. Say, they smuggle 2500 Jewish prisoners to the arctic. That is a very small number compared to the total toll of deaths, and easily hidden in the mess the Nazi`s left behind.

So, workforce is covered.

Onwards to the drilling operation itself!
What if they found a natural "cave" in the ice, built a ramshackle shelter at the opening, and drilled from there?
Such as:

I would imagine that solution to offer some shelter?
I really do not know how one would keep drilling the ice in the magnitude described, but surely mankind has done impossible things before.

Last, if i am to be completely, and absolutely mindbogglingly open minded, the food and water supply is next.
Water can be extracted. This we already know.
For the foodstuffs, i would imagine fish to be a viable solution?

Perhaps even seaweeds and other oceanic plantlife.

And no, just to be clear, i do not think there IS a base there. Merely trying too see if i my mind can fathom if it`s even possible.

The only problem with situation is there would be some sort of artifacts from the army of workers, tools, shelters at cave enterances. Not unless the Nazis were really good at cleaning up after themselves...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TheHistorian

Maybe there's an underwater entrance to the lake that they were aware of and they used the subs to get there..
It's quite plausiblt that there are large caves with air..
Who knows.??

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Maybe there's an underwater entrance to the lake that they were aware of and they used the subs to get there..
It's quite plausiblt that there are large caves with air..
Who knows.??

Seems like a stretch to me, but then again what do I know. The likelihood of people in the 1940s living in that extreme of a climate would be a logistical nightmare. If that was a the master escape plan for Nazis on the run was to run to one of the coldest places on earth, this was a poorly thought out plan.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

If there are large caves etc under the ice then they would be no where near as cold as on the surface..
Might even be some thermal activity down there..
No wind chill factor either..

Hey, I don't believe it all but just saying..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join