It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Cameron vows to tackle 'secret corporate lobbying'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   

David Cameron vows to tackle 'secret corporate lobbying'

www.guardian.co.uk

Cameron said lobbying was an issue that "has tainted our politics for too long".

He went on: "We all know how it works. The lunches, the hospitality, the quiet word in your ear, the ex-ministers and ex-advisers for hire, helping big business find the right way to get its way. In this party, we believe in competition, not cronyism.

"So we must be the party that sorts all this out. Today it is a £2bn industry that has a huge presence in parliament. The Hansard Society has estimated that some MPs are approached over 100 times a week by lobbyists.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
So anyone that thinks that the power elite do not control the worlds governments .. here it is in black and white from the leader of the opposition party in the U.K.

2 Billion industry?

some MP's approached 100 times a week .... ONE HUNDRED! from big business with there own agenda.

LOL @ DEMOCRACY ... what democracy?

Quiet words in ears. secret meetings , palms greased i bet.
Stupid thing is the conservative party is just as guilty as anyone else .. i only hope that with the mass awakening to what is really going on. that this is the start of at least some people trying to change this ..

I fear that he might be just trying to score points with the people as a general election is due this year .. do as i say and not as i do .. time will tell i guess..

www.guardian.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

Wow, 2 billion? I wonder what the cost of clandestine lobbying worldwide amounts to?

Globalization happened along time ago, but it was behind closed doors.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
He is just saying that so that he can garner a following.. Like Bono.. There are all out for public image of themselves only. Some good might come of it, but in the end they do it for personal gain, Pure and simple.

This world is going down in flames. Its in flames all around us, but I find no one sees the flames.. no one feels the heat.. F*ing sad

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Le Colonel
He is just saying that so that he can garner a following.. Like Bono.. There are all out for public image of themselves only. Some good might come of it, but in the end they do it for personal gain, Pure and simple.

^^

this.

That man will say anything to make himself look good. It's all an act, trying to dupe people in to voting, then it'll be back to busines as usual.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Fight the good fight Cameron. The principle is sound. You got my support...now go attack.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Makes me think "why oh why did I not become a politian?"

Might have something to do with having morals, I am sure there are a couple of good politians out there but they are certainly not the majority of them.

I can't see Cameron fighting this how many of these corperate types do you think he went to school with hell most of the top part of our politians went to the same schools.

Cameron has no clue how poor or even middle class live and he never will. He will not be getting my vote even if it would get rid of Labour as I fail to see a difference between the 2 parties

[edit on 8-2-2010 by jpmail]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpmail
Makes me think "why oh why did I not become a politian?"

Might have something to do with having morals, I am sure there are a couple of good politians out there but they are certainly not the majority of them.

I can't see Cameron fighting this how many of these corperate types do you think he went to school with hell most of the top part of our politians went to the same schools.

Cameron has no clue how poor or even middle class live and he never will. He will not be getting my vote even if it would get rid of Labour as I fail to see a difference between the 2 parties

[edit on 8-2-2010 by jpmail]

Has there ever really been a difference between the two parties? its mostly all old boys network and big business linked people .. there is the odd one with morals i am sure just like in the local nuthouse there is one guy that is not really insane .. unfortunately he is surrounded by the masses of lunatics.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
David Cameron cannot possibly preach at us about this since he is a conservative, and in the UK its the conservative party and that god awful cow Thatcher who ruined this nations currency, ruined this nations education, and tried to kill the unions off and hack off thier nuts.
His party has benifited greatly from the attentions of lobbyists, and no doubt he has already had a quick word with them , something along the lines of "Yeah I know I said all that stuff in parliment about you all, but thats just so we can get in and make the changes you wanted, trust me, when Im PM you can count on me, I'll see you right."
I wouldnt trust a single one of the bottom feeding crooks we call MPs in this country. They all have alterior motives. Theres not an ounce of decency in the entire parliment. If there was, they would all have killed themselves in shame when the expenses scandal hit, rather than whining when they get caught and actualy daring to refuse to repay us , the taxpayer, the money they took from us.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Cameron saying he is going to sort this out is like Blair's mantra in 1997 about how his government was going to be 'Whiter than white'

In essence, a load of horse manure.

I don't trust any of them, regardless of what party they belong to. They are all cut from the same pathetic, self-serving, lying, hypocritical cloth.

We really are at the same point as the US in our politics... we are all out of choices. Both main political parties are just different sides of the same corrupt coin, yet you can almost be certain that one of them will be in power at the end of the year... and nothing will change.

We are so royally screwed!

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
it just blows me away , here we are with a major political figure stating this (what many of us already know). and things carry on as usual?

The article is saying that on average all MP's are approached by lobbyist's from big business 100 times a day. to push there own agenda .. what happened to the peoples agenda?

I thought i voted to have a person represent the majority's view in certain situations?

This makes me sick.. what can we do ? vote elsewhere? that won't work .. even though the mp's are 'Broken' it is the system that is fundamentally broken allowing all this to happen.

i have a feeling that the next big change in our politics (or even world politics) might need to be bloody. we need a complete overhaul.

Big business and people who are pushing agenda's for there (or there company's) personal gain can have NO place in our politics.

Not wait for 2 years and then its ok ... if they are not a voted in representative, they should not be allowed to influence the political process in any way shape or form PERIOD. after all the mp is not supposed to bring HIS/HERS view to any given situation. they are supposed to represent the feelings of the majority of there constituents in the area of the country they represent.

If it does get bloody ( although i fear a 'big distraction' from the elite is overdue to deflect our concerns)

i volunteer to be on the front line .. for the sake of my children. i can no longer sleep comfortably knowing what i know.

[edit to remove redundant text]

[edit on 8/2/10 by Quantum_Squirrel]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Ahh yes david cameron, another MP born with a silver spoon lodged up his ass. What a wonderful place britain is. Is there anything here that even works anymore?

top topics

join