It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A wall between the Western/non-Western - global apartheid or liberation?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
As a skunk work, I must say, I've seen the following argument on right-wing sites from all persuations.
The argument goes as follows: the white majority countries must biuld a wall between the Western and post-colonial worlds. The EU, the US and Canada, and perhaps part of Australia must divide the world with physical walls.
Of course this will mean that oil will be repalced with local produce.
Illegal immigrants will be given one year to repatriate, and a lump sum for slavery reperations will be paid.
Next the walls will come up - no more exploitation either way - no more contact period.
If one peers over the "Western wall" ten years later, I wonder what one will find?

[edit on 7-2-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

According to liberal views the peer over the wall should be a ecological garden.
For others it would be a Chinese Stalinist dictatorship, and according to racists it would look like a wall around Africa will be like a nuclear bomb just went off in suburbia.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

But ahh - can suburbia exist without its "shadow" shanty towns?
Can branded consumerism exist without uneducated sweat-shops?
Can capitalism keep going without cheap labor?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   

A lot of people would say, wheresoever you go and you find blacks it looks dirty and shocking.
Others argue it is a class, not a race issue.
Several upper-income blacks now live here - and even they want to avoid a "black" neighborhood.
So what actually lies behind urban or rural decay?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Your post reminds me of Nicholas DeGenovas "the deportation regime"...

The wall in the minds that runs along the lines you described are already pretty firmly established; probably have been for a very long them.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by NichirasuKenshin

How is this wall already made? I get some points here, but I'm not convinced it is there.
Yeah, a lot of Muslim countries make that wall conceptually - but otherwise, how is it made?

new topics

top topics

join