It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shuttle launch yes or no?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Well I have seen every launch and the Challenger was my first to witness. I have ALWAYS loved the space program so for people like me and the MANY that travel here to see it, it's bothersome. Everyone has their thing and for me I like space program. It may be a "waste" of money to you but it isnt to me.

You shouldnt really put down other peoples passions.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Well I have seen every launch and the Challenger was my first to witness. I have ALWAYS loved the space program so for people like me and the MANY that travel here to see it, it's bothersome. Everyone has their thing and for me I like space program. It may be a "waste" of money to you but it isnt to me.

You shouldnt really put down other peoples passions.

I think you've misinterpreted what I said as I never put down anyone's passion.

I see my tax money being wasted.

If you do not, fine.

I was twelve when the Challenger blew up and the Head and Shoulders jokes started within minutes of the explosion, and were all across the school.

I do not like seeing my money being wasted.

If you're passionate about it, great, I'm happy for you, I'm not.

I was told at thirteen I was as cynical as a thirty year old.

I'm now thirty-six and proportionately, I must be as cynical as a seventy year old.

[edit on 7-2-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
OK new dawn new day! - Fingers crossed, watching NASA tv now and they are packing the crew into the shuttle right now - I'll be watching in about 3 hours to see if they can go today.

Fingers crossed!

[edit on 7/2/2010 by Now_Then]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 01:56 AM
link   
All looking good so far... Pretty much like yesterday, it's all down to the cloud cover during the launch window... Could go either way.

Are they being too careful?

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
he said 2 minutes remaining on the 20 minute hold time. What does that mean? I mean I think I know, but want to be sure.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
nvm counting down from 20

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by A-E-I-Owned-You

They have built in holds in the countdown - that's where they sort of hold a briefing, double check lists etc.

The next built in hold is at T-9 mins I think, and that is about a 40 min hold.

they are planned - if they ever have to have an un planned hold then doo doo and fan are in alignment.

[edit on 8/2/2010 by Now_Then]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I am in Vermont. I am going to try to see it, but I do not hold much hope. That would just be way to badass! How long after it launches do I have till I should see it do you think?

[edit on 8-2-2010 by A-E-I-Owned-You]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
You want to look south west then
- well more WSW... In about 45 mins (14 mins past the hour)

I got no hope! - On the other side of the atlantic and it's day here now any way

[edit on 8/2/2010 by Now_Then]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Aw. Well, I am in a valley so little chance I will see it. But, any idea of how long after it laucnhes I should be able to see it? I am streaming it now and plan to carry my beast of a laptop out with me. Also, how long do you think it will last if I am able to see it? I want to try to avoid missing it.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Not more than a few mins I would of thought

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
38 minutes 'till launch according to the current schedule...

Let's hope the skies stay clear. Fingers crossed.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Skies are clear over most of Florida.. I'm in central Florida, and its nice and clear.. It IS cold.. But nothing like it was when Challenger exploded due to cold weather expanding the o-rings... plus, they have corrected that issue. about 43F here.. 80 miles from the shuttle.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
43f pfft. Here it has to be negative or close!

I dont know why, but I must go out and see this beast in action if I can.

[edit on 8-2-2010 by A-E-I-Owned-You]

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
YAY!!!

Go's all across the board!

Weather came together Endeavour will be flying!

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   
CNN will be showing the launch. Better quality that the online nasa stream.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Its going up! I am sitting on my balcony waiting with my camcorder. It's cold out her on the 6th floor! I will upload the video tomorrow after I figure out how. I have never had a camcorder nor have I ever uploaded a video.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Yeah, I remember seeing the shuttle go up (80 miles away) at night before--in the 90's, and it became DAY for a few moments!

BTW---the NASA Internet stream is delayed sometimes--so watch the TV to know when to run outside

4 mins left!

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Yeah! It went up now I am going to figure out how to upload it to my laptop. I have never done this before. I will post it as soon as I get it up.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:30 AM
link   
I saw it I saw it! To me it was just a tiny blue and red flashing light in the sky, but the flashes on my lappy of the cams matched the dot in the sky 100%. Obviously they didnt 100% line up.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join