It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Like that'll ever happen! Alex Jones says boycott the Super Bowl

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   
"And guess what, all these people, you included can watch this big game knowing that every single one of those men on that field, even the kicker who is in the game a couple times, will get more money in a single year then you will ever see in your lifetime."

What exactly is your point here? Would it be okay to watch these athletes if they were making less money than us? What does their salary have to do with anything? Why should I give a flying fudge how much money they're making?

"And for what? For tossing a ball around. Alex Jones and Mark Dice aren't forcing you to watch them instead of the Super Bowl, they are simply proving a point, a point that they obviously prove loud and clear."

Maybe that fat piece of s%&* Alex Jones should toss a ball around and lose some weight, instead of sticking his nose in other people's business and telling them what to do. As for Mark Dice, sorry, never heard of him.

"If given the choice between education and preparation versus self indulgence, Americans would much rather choose self indulgence. And people wonder why this damn country is the way it is. You can make all the half arsed excuses you want but nothing is going to justify it."

Most Americans work just as hard or harder than any other nation in the world. What exactly is it that you want them to do with the little free time they have on their hands? You know, it's good for your mental state of mind to let off some steam while watching a game.

And what is this education and preparation you speak of? In case you didn't notice, this is the United States of America - where money talks and BS walks.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

I'm no sports fan, never have been, and never will be.

I'm not watching the Super Bowl.

But that's regardless of Alex Jones thoughts on it.

Personally, Alex Jones is nothing more than a Government shill.

I prefer watching the bastards in power over the bread and circuses.

And there never was a "New World Order" as it is nothing but Government.

Distractions, distractions, distractions, nothing more than distractions.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Society should be based on enjoying ourselves and BEING ourselves. Unfortunately it is based on work and greed and jealousy. If you had an ideal world, would sports exist in it? I would like to think so.

I think he is attacking the wrong things. Sports are a kindergarten form of divide and conquer yes, but they are not evil. War and economic slavery go much higher on the list. You have to fix the original, serious problems before you start tackling the minor ones. Otherwise you are being petty.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
For one thing, MY team ain't in it!
So who the frell cares!

Actually, this year I only watched about a quarter of my team's games, I found it to be worthless.

As for AJ, Mr. Puppet himself. I find his information about as important as the info I glean from Rachel Maddow. Just another shill in the bigger scheme of things.

As for the SB itself, who is in it again? If it ain't the Dems fighting the Repubs to the death, what the frell do I care?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
[yvid]

[edit on 6-2-2010 by tensetek]

[edit on 6-2-2010 by tensetek]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tensetek

Our founding fathers were genius at winning over the hearts and minds of the american masses for freedom. What they did was one in a million and will probably never happen again. All the Thomas Paine pamplets and public relation stunts by Sam Adams... They would know much better than to interrupt the SuperBowl parties with an act of principle that doesn't even begin attack the real problems of our world.

At some point people just disagree with things because they think that makes them principled, be careful, He is wrong on this one. But he is right on a lot of things, his latest stunts though, have been awful.. have we already forgotten the charlie sheen incident? I almost did.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tensetek
Wow all I see coming from this forum, even the mod is AJ hate. You all must be football fans..... How is this not his own attempt at "sitting at the back of the bus" or "at the lunch counter" or boycott non-"green" this or that........ Boycott goods from china... W/E. As I see it he was trying to get it out there that America cares more about real issues, then a stupid football game. I'm sure not going to watch it, not because AJ said not to.... but because I DO NOT CARE, THERE ARE MANY, MANY MORE IMPORTANT THINGS. Hell even planting a garden, or even "planning" a garden is more important IMO then something that has no barring on my life like the Superbowl. Grow up and stop "caring" about some stupid game when millions of people are getting screwed over, dieing, theft is rampant, politicians are tools, chem.. trails are everywhere..... I wonder if the founding fathers would care about this BS (SB) over there own revolution.

=Superbowl
DK

If planting a garden is your thing that's fine.. but there are tons of holes in Alex's idea. We cannot solve all the USA's problems in one night. So Alex would have us concentrate on the bad things wrong with America so much to the point that we exclude the good things like the Superbowl. That's just not right nor is it sound thinking. If everyone did that all the time we would be one seriously messed up and super depressed country.

And No, I don't hate the guy.. I just think he is wrong about this.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Perhaps if America focuses on the bad things for one single night, they won't be so brainwashed by the tiny little "good" things they are accustomed to.

God forbid we didn't have the Super Bowl or reality television. I wonder how many people who harp on about the 'sheep' and their American Idol, yet they are going to watch the Super Bowl this weekend.

Astounding really.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Some of you people blow my freaking mind.

Good lord, there are pleasures in humans that need fulfilled, there is nothing wrong with watching a game, loving to watch sports, or loving to play the sport. NOTHING is wrong with that, and you cant label these people as not caring about the world, or dumb, ignorant, or time wasters.

What a bunch of rubbish.

The world is not going to be different if people dont love to watch football.

What a cheep shot at what many Americans love to watch.

I could care less about the game...but many I know love to watch them, so Ill have a big pot of chilli on for those that come over to enjoy their game.

Whats next....lets not have any joys that dont create a total focus on world peace and better ways for life? Hell get rid of all of the sports, lets just not have anything that people can escape to for a few hours to have a moment of not worrying about something.

Life is not all about what is important every minute...life is also about joy, and having passions. Let people have their joys, life is short.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

If I could star that post twice I would...very poignant.

Four years ago I was a die hard college football fan, pro not so much, but to miss the superbowl would be the unthinkable.

Since opening my eyes to the realities of this nation...this world, I now see the tel lie vision for the tool that it is, a tool that has served it's purpose all too well.

I now despise all broadcast PROGRAMING

My time is better spent writing music in an attempt to de-program the sleeping masses.

AJ or not I wouldn't be watching, but I do applaud his effort to encourage people to tune out the programing...

WE Surround them...Think about that!

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by TaZCoN

One doesnt have to totally not watch TV to be focused on the worlds problems.

I prefer reading over tv....but I dont think there is anything wrong with enjoying a little show now and then at all.

Some people dont like to read though....I know many very enlightened people that still own TVs.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
If you like football then watch the super bowl. If you don't enjoy it then don't watch it.

All this "sheep" talk is stupid. The only ones who call others sheep are the ones pissed off because people don't conform and follow their way of thinking. They are to stupid to realize that they are in fact sheep also. They are in a herd just like everyone else. They just happen to belong to a herd that thinks differantly.

I doubt there is anyone here who doesn't listen to what another person says. Everyone here listens to either Alex Jones, Bill Orielly, Glenn Beck, Rachel Maddows, President Obama, Rush Limbaugh and so on. Everyone of us follows some other persons way of thinking.

Yes, I will watch the super bowl, if that makes me a sheep then so be it. Just remember, you can shear off your fluffy white stuff all you want, but you are still as much of a sheep as I am, you will just be a bit colder.

For those who call football players stupid, I challenge you to memorize a playbook and all the signals.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Berserker01

I actually beg to differ. I follow nobodies way of thinking besides my own. If I could honor them so much to say, the only ways of thinking I dare come close to are the Founding Fathers, though I dare not put myself in their league.

I'll start first by commenting on you playbook comment. I wouldn't care to memorize a playbook because I would much rather memorize, or at least understand, our Constitution. Perhaps if even 50% of the people in America did that who watch the Super Bowl, then maybe it would prove worthwhile.

Now I'm all for freedom to do whatever the hell you want, but I am blindsided by the hypocrisy of ATS members in this topic. I'm quite confident I've seen some of these Super Bowl viewers comment on masses and their reality television, the popular scapegoat being American Idol. Now I'm not about to defend it because I think it is just as bad, if not worse, than the Super Bowl itself, but c'mon. How is this any different? How can anyone talk about the masses being fat, dumb, and happy watching their reality television when these "oh so enlightened ones" are just as much entranced of a sports spectacle.

And some of them even go so far as they will watch it for the commercials, you know, the 30 seconds costing 2.5 million dollars spent by the corporations to get you to spend your progressively lowering incomes to give them bonuses next year.

Where do we draw the line? How can anyone call themselves awakened when they follow the same path they were supposed to have removed themselves from?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack
You people are hilarious. I don't care what anyone of you say, the mass of ATSers can all claim that they are "above the normal sheep"

You view loyal followers of the media and sports "sheep". The same could be see for loyal followers of online and cable pundits, self proclaimed prophets, alarmists. In my opinion, anybody who puts their entire trust behind a public personality is sheep. There is a difference between agreeing with somebody, and giving your unchanging loyalty to them. It goes for politicians, it goes to media figures, it goes for radio personalities, online personalities, you name it.

All these masses of people

There are masses who follow Alex jones.

What I'd like to know is, what has Alex jones done for your life? Has any of his prophecies benefitted you?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Beg to differ all you want.

You may think you follow the beat of your own drum, but that is true of everyone else who is marching right along side of you while the true drum beater is a few miles ahead of you.

Save your memorizing the Constitution fecal matter for someone else.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
How dare those of us that enjoy this sport...watch the superbowl.
We could be changing the world...like spending hours online reading about the NWO and other conspiracies and then whining and complaining (ooops I mean posting) on ATS and not actually do anything about these issues

Hmmm...simple answer really...watch it or don't. There will always be those who don't enjoy it....you know the ones..the little 98 pound weakling or the unskilled...then attempt to rationalize thier dislike by simply stating it is for the unintellligent when really they secretly wish they had some type of athletic ability. I played...was never good enough for the pros...but I still enjoy it..watching and playing. I was pretty smart in school too...I was offered a scholarship based on academics not sport...but turned it down...because family had money...figured it should go to someone who otherwise could not afford it.

The point is...the argument that only idiots play it simply not true..those guys had to keep a certain grade point average in order to stay in school...most not all...just happened to be blessed with intelligence and athletics. Why work hard when you can make millions playing a game..

To those that call others sheep...tell me do you actually know the inner workings of the NWO first hand or is it second hand knowledge. If second hand...read it online..heard it..whatever...then you are also a sheep...someone told you and now you think you are spreading the truth....kind of like the shepherd (person who told this info) leading the his sheep (you.) to a certain point (by spreading the info).

All I have to say is BAHHHHH

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

To answer your question, Alex Jones has never done anything for me. Besides in a passing video here on ATS, and watching a couple of his documentaries, I don't even follow the guy at all. Someone doesn't have to do something for me for me to sypathize with their point of view. Does that mean I will follow their own conclusions without formulating my own? Absolutely not.

Which brings me to my next reply.

reply to post by Berserker01

Oh I do follow my own drum. I don't 'borrow' my beliefs and ideas from anything else. As I said, anything I follow I follow because it has earned my respect. The Constitution and the Founding Fathers have earned my respect but sadly both have long past so the most I can do i follow in their footsteps.

Perhaps it is because YOU follow so blindly that you assume everyone else must as well. I think my posting reputation speaks for itself that I do not follow the norm, and I do not let hearsay or random information prevent me from my own research. This, I believe, is what separates me from others who will so blindly believe everything they see, or so blindly discredit anything that doesn't reach the scope of their own minds immediately.

reply to post by kerazeesicko

All history is second hand knowledge. Does it make it more true or accurate because other people wrote it? No. True knowledge comes from experience and understanding. I was introduced to the NWO via online, yes, but I do not take all the "information" about it at face value. I don't have to. Anything that needs to be worried about can be proven and seen by the speeches and actions of politicians and corporate bodies around the world. There came a time when to believe in a New World Order would be lunacy but now we are in an age where to deny it would be quite the same facet.

You seem to look for some underlying meaning to this but there is none. No I'm not a big fan of sports not because I don't play them, but because of their effect on the people in this day and age. The addiction to some people and their sports is the definition of unhealthy obsession, yet it will be these people that will call foul (no pun intended) on the same kind of thing for anybody else.

Which brings me, once again to my final point which nobody has seemed to address. I seem to get to these points in topics on ATS, where people will disregard or ignore my point completely, probably because they have nothing to say.

What makes you, the masses who so diligently watch and deify the Super Bowl, any different from the 'sheep' who watch and deify American Idol?

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
He wouldn't have a chance in heck converting a single person from his own state of Texas to boycott the Super Bowl or even watching football. If their team the Dallas Cowboys were in the Superbowl, most folks there would rather spend their rent and babies food money (apparently birth control hasnt been heard of yet there) for the month on overpriced tickets on that new waste of a stadium that was recently completed there.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

I don't deify anything...to me it is just another reason to get together with friends and have a good time. This site is full of complainers and whiners...so I do not understand how by not watching the Superbowl...they are doing something great. They obviously have done F all so why complain when others do the same. If you have something better to do for the 3 and half hours it is on...then do it...No one cares about your opinion or mine and will do as they see fit.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Ya.. really..

I think you'd have to actually stop the superbowl for it to have any effect.. to many robots enjoy that to much..

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join