It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snow storm with blue lights?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I was watching some news out of Washington, D.C. last night and of course, there was extended coverage of this whopper of a snow storm we're getting here. And they said there were a lot of people contacting the tv station about seeing bright blue flashes in the sky. People were thinking it was "thunder snow" to start with, but the meterologist at the station said there was no indication of lightning on the radar and the people who were seeing the flashes said there was no thunder. The meteorologist and the news anchors were trying to figure out what it was, and they thought it might be transformers blowing, so they called up a guy from the electric company and they said they weren't having any problems. So it wasn't that either!
I wonder if this was some sort of new, unknown weather phenomenon? There are sometimes lights and flashing lights that occur when there is an earthquake or volcanic eruption - maybe they can happen during storms, too?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Do you think this has anthing to do with H.A.A.R.P. ? Norway spiral ? The weather machine that T.P.T.B. play with ? Has anybody got a video camera handy ? Tape this-I wanna see it!
So they can make earthquakes, Tsunamis,hurricanes,blizzards. So I want to order some sunshine please asap !lol !

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by blue_fish

I'm going to keep posted on this.

I found it very odd that the news was spending a lot of time covering a blizzard...I know they are big deals for the area's involved, but the national news covering the blizzard THAT much seemed fishy to me.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I've personally seen green flashes during thunder snow events. I'm assuming it has something to do with refraction through the ice crystals. Not sure, perhaps a meteorologist can weigh in here. OZ?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:56 AM
link   

The first thing your thread made me think about was this:

en.wikipedia.org...

but in absence of an earthquake that's silly.

Was it a strictly visual event? Nothing else you perceived?

I'd love to see something like that!

[edit on 6-2-2010 by NichirasuKenshin]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Since it was near a metro area, it could be any of a ton of things.

It could have been light sources on the ground reflecting off the bottom of the clouds. Like lighthouses, airport terminals, military/government lighting, etc.

Tons of sources for light in the city you know.

Also, as others mentioned, it could be from weather phenomena that is not very well known to use laymen.

Since the meteorologists claimed the radars showed no electrical activities, I am inclined to lean towards ground based lighting giving off reflections.

But it could be something else entirely, I would really like to find out. I will check back in case someone posts a good solution to this one.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This almost goes with the blue light across the sky in California the other day... the blue light was also seen all the way from Missouri to Australia.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx
This almost goes with the blue light across the sky in California the other day... the blue light was also seen all the way from Missouri to Australia.

If the information you are presenting in that post is True, than we are dealing with some form of atmospheric-geological phenomena.

I would roll the dice and guess it is magnetic - related.

Granted your information is legit.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by Phlynx

If the information you are presenting in that post is True, than we are dealing with some form of atmospheric-geological phenomena.

I would roll the dice and guess it is magnetic - related.

Granted your information is legit.

I'll find the link for you. There was a whole bunch of Anonymous ATS posters coming out saying they saw it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit: The blue light a couple days back was seen in Ohio and the U.K. too.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by Phlynx]

[edit on 6-2-2010 by Phlynx]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2

I'm going to keep posted on this.

I found it very odd that the news was spending a lot of time covering a blizzard...I know they are big deals for the area's involved, but the national news covering the blizzard THAT much seemed fishy to me.

The biggest blizzard in almost 100 years at our nations capital and you find that fishy? News is 24/7. and sometimes a massive blizzard is all you haveto talk about. I've seen much smaller events get just as more or more attention.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I don't see anything fishy about a simple snowstorm. Calm down people its just winter weather, only thing is it is just more powerful than it has been in a lot of years.

I am at the moment in Amsterdam, and during a snowstorm here last week we had thunder and lightning. I would suspect that is what people saw in D.C.
It was the first time in my life I have seen lightning in a snowstorm.

My personal belief is that this winter is (as I predicted last summer it would be) extremely harsh due to the long absence of Sunspots. Due to lack of protection from the Sun, Earth is now receiving 20%+ additional cosmic rays which interact with water vapor in the atmosphere to form clouds. They also are thought to provide energy for lightning. More clouds = more rain, more of the Suns energy reflected back into space = colder earth.
Forget Global warming, the new Ice Age is upon us.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Let's not go too far into the deep end with this one.

I've had instances in my own backyard, neighborhood and while at a high observation level where an above ground power transformer blew, power lines arcing etc causing an extremely bright blue flash.

I guarantee you this is what it is, especially if there are reports of power outages in the area.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Nothing spooky about it...transformers were blowing and a bright blue flash is typical when one goes. A lot of power outages up there right now.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by iMacFanatic

The meteorologist and the news anchors were trying to figure out what it was, and they thought it might be transformers blowing, so they called up a guy from the electric company and they said they weren't having any problems. So it wasn't that either!

The electric company was pretty explict in saying there weren't any transformers blowing up.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Here is a link to a thread that discusses another thread and poster. Both might have some interest to those who are curious about the blue lights being seen in this storm and any other lights that have been showing up lately.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Raist

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Atlantican

Good point, I have also seen cloud to cloud lightning and rare ball lightning in heavy snow storms.

Like thunderstorms, forms of lightning in some snow storms is possible.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Lophe

When it's a slow news day leaves no room for BS reasons not to cover other important stories across the nation, yea it is a bit fishy.

And it was just a snow storm. Got one of those down here in Texas last night, 6 inches, completely unheard of, yet no one was going crazy about it on even the local news.

posted on Feb, 12 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
It was thundersnow. They were calling for it. I don't know what that meteorologist was thinking but I heard them explicity call for thundersnow for both blizzards.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I saw these blue lights last night. My girlfriend and I went to the convenience store around 6PM during the snow storm and then as soon as we got to the store we stared noticing the blue lights. They flashed about 3 times between getting to the store and getting home. This could be a weather anomaly of some sort, but I have never seen flashing blue lights like that during a snow storm and I've lived through many a snow storms here in the northeast. What ever these blue lights were they had an uncanny awe about them that both me and my girl felt. A lot of strange things happening lately around the planet especially earthquakes everywhere. Things are getting really crazy.

<<   2 >>

join