It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green Patches on Mars

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

Could you please show where do you see that green spot or strip?

The only things I see are the usual dark features of Mars, that are known since the 19th century.

Or are you talking about something else?

If you honestly want to share something with other people that do not see it then you should be the one helping them seeing it, at least that is what I do.

PS: even when I change the saturation of that image I cannot see anything green, only those half green, half blue areas.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

The OP has a tendency to create threads that center around an image, where he finds "something" out of the ordinary, yet nothing is there. It can be shown by his other posts that he is uncooperative in helping readers actually locate the object/artifact/forests in question. Choosing instead to belittle them and site their lack of credentials as reasons for their oversight. Truly not worth the discussion. It only serves to feed the troll.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by JunoJive]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by JunoJive

I know how his posts and his threads are (and I know something more :cool
, but I always try to create a polite discussion about any subject that I find interesting or that I think may be interesting or from which some people may learn something.

So I will wait for his answer.

Edit: well, I guess I will not get my answer, he was banned once more.

[edit on 6/2/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Well...that one didn't go too well. Yikes.

Not that it matters but, I never saw the green area either. All I saw was brown, orange, and the blue from icecaps/atmosphere.

Trust me I spent a lot of time looking.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
I found this about a year ago on Google.mars, I don't know why I never thought to share it here and see what the locals thought of it. It's from a very small hi-res image scattered amongst the landscape, I can't remember where it was found, I'm not looking at the image right now, but perhaps the co-ordinates are on the screen-capture.

Is this a colour filter? It blew my mind when I stumbled across it, however, I'm no photo-analyst.. so.. :S

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Bump >_<

Second line.

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemonkeydishwasher

I think that is one of the first photos from HiRISE, and the colours, although not real (they are created with only two channels, red and a green+blue) are very close to reality, from what I have seen in other photos.

I will look for it.

Edit: it's not one of the first photos, it's from January 2008 (I think the primary science phase started in November 2006), and you can see it here.

[edit on 7/2/2010 by ArMaP]

posted on Feb, 7 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Imagir

Great find. I wonder what the orbital platform has on these regions. Seems it would be able to increase the resolution and provide temp figures.

posted on Feb, 8 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by cliffjumper68

Are you talking about those blueish areas?

I didn't understood what Imagir considered "green spots" or "green strips"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join