It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are heavy metal mosh pits breeding grounds for terrorists?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Are there similarities between the Masjid al-Haram and the circling of the kaaba during hajj in Mecca and heavy metal circle mosh pits?

Could heavy metal be a breeding ground for terrorism?

Before you dismiss it, you best watch all the videos.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   
is this some sort of joke... being a metal head myself... i know there is no comparison here.. heavy metal pits are for the love of the music... nothing religious about its or terrorist for that matter

P.S thats slayor video is awesome

[edit on 6-2-2010 by carbonblack]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by carbonblack
is this some sort of joke... being a metal head myself... i know there is no comparison here.. heavy metal pits are for the love of the music... nothing religious about its or terrorist for that matter

Been to many a heavy metal concert myself.

The last slayer concert I went to the crowd lit a fire on the lawn and the riot police went in to put it out.

But surely you do see the similarities between the circle pits and the hajj.

[edit on 6-2-2010 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Sure, superficially there are many things in common.

Most people here need to really learn what superficial means and apply it to their reasoning processes.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Heh, heavy metal moshipits breeding terrorists? I doubt it. The only thing going on in a mosh pit is several sexually deprived boys pushing each other around to blast beats.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

yeh they are both round.. thats about it.. those people are walking.. slayers fans are thrashing..send slayer to mecca...thats my vote

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

oh and i guess they are both worshipping gods

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
there is not much of a similarity other than many people gathered together for a common cause.

as a person that has been in many a "pit" during shows, the general 'decorum' is respect and having fun.

even the most hard core pits i've been sucked into are well 'healed' and only an occasional act of unruliness - or bad taste moves like blindly punching someone are rare and within context of said show if so.

people are people and we all "get it". even if we don't speak each other's tongue.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
if anything it lets male kids use/produce their natural hormones which they dont use/produce in a nanny state inviroment,

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
if anything it lets male kids use/produce their natural hormones which they dont use/produce in a nanny state inviroment,

Isn't that the purpose of war?

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by carbonblack

oh and i guess they are both worshipping gods

I'm sure there is some type of sacrifice going on there too. It seems like someone always gets hurt in a mosh pit.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

well i know i have lol.. wonder if people get hurt in mecca moshpits.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by In nothing we trust

nah i wouldent go that far as to say that its for the use of warfare,

my understanding is that todays food is pretty much all interlaced soya and other substances that contain heavy amounts estrogen which overtakes the natural production of testosterone, which tends to make men big boobed and other female perks.

i tend to see this as a natural form of hormone production compared to that of athletes that take supplements,

let the kids mosh and they might even grow a beard.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:28 AM
link   
nothing beats the wacken open air festival here in germany

beer, heavy metal and women

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Fett Pinkus

one day i will get there.. its been a dream of mine for ages..

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:38 AM
link   
I'd think that there'd be more potential terrorist recruits at a christian rock concert. those are the extremist and hateful types. metaheads come in all races and nationalities.

and dont bother trying to mention NSBM bands to me, I dont think any of them have ever commited a terrorist act either.

\m/\m/

Death! R.I.P. Chuck

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger
I'd think that there'd be more potential terrorist recruits at a christian rock concert. those are the extremist and hateful types.

Really you think christians are haters?

metaheads come in all races and nationalities.

Lots of white faces in those crowds.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Totalstranger

the man has a point.. us metal heads just love our tunes... yeh we may get a little gnarly in the pit but its not going to turn into terrorism... its decided... there is no simarlarities between mecca and metal.. now thats done

NEXT!!!

[edit on 6-2-2010 by carbonblack]

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   
[quote/]Lots of white faces in those crowds.

ever been to Rock In Rio? and there are HUGE metal subcultures in eastern asia, india, even the middle east. hell there is a gang of aborigines in australia called Judas Priest. now thats metal. not terrorist though.

posted on Feb, 6 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Totalstranger

ever been to Rock In Rio? and there are HUGE metal subcultures in eastern asia, india, even the middle east. hell there is a gang of aborigines in australia called Judas Priest. now thats metal. not terrorist though.

Never been to a metal concert outside of England or the US.

Hanging head in shame.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join