It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr Jonthan Reed Demonstrates Alien Technology Live

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Not sure if this one's been posted before, figured I'd post it anyway. I searched Jonathan Reed in the forum, but I didn't see this video anywhere. All I did was find a bunch of threads saying "HOAX"! lol!

Doesn't surprise me in the least, because this has to be one of the worst hoaxes I've ever seen. It's almost funny to watch!

First of all, we'll get this out of the way, he's a terrible actor.

Secondly, he's in cahoots with Jaime Maussan, so that brought up the red flags in my book, already. But, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and checked the vid nonetheless.

What debunks this vid in my opinion though is the audio at the end. It has to be the worst mix I've ever heard (I work in sound and audio mixing, so it popped out to me immediately). If you notice, the entire show itself is in MONO, yet when his 'artifact' is activated, you hear this STEREO sound that sounds like its from a Michael Bay movie. Listen to it with headphones, because it's far more apparent that way.

Also, the sample used for the supposed live crowd at the end fades out so unnaturally and makes the whole thing sound so amateurish.

Anyway, just wanted to share this one with you guys, and let you know I think this guy's a total fake (as most of you already do, considering the amount of 'hoax' threads I saw).

MODS, feel free to delete this post if it's a double or if I'm being self-righteous for debunking my own posted video! lol!

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

First of all, we'll get this out of the way, he's a terrible actor.

Secondly, he's in cahoots with Jaime Maussan, so that brought up the red flags in my book, already. But, I gave him the benefit of the doubt and checked the vid nonetheless.

Then why post it for anything other than attention and points? This thread is cancer

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Hahahaha! Ok... I hear ya.

Thanks, Mr Chemotherapy!

Mods, please close this, so someone who actually believes this nonsense posts it again and we have to debunk it all over again.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by oaf21

Anyway, just wanted to share this one with you guys, and let you know I think this guy's a total fake (as most of you already do, considering the amount of 'hoax' threads I saw).

Absence of evidence is NOT evidence of absence! You should join the dots and think out of the box. You can't prove that Reed is a hoax. You're a disinfo agent working for counter intelligence to propagate the ideas of TPTB. Just another illuminati shill trading his future for Nibiru dollars.

Tell me...who'll feed your kids when we're all overrun with 9 feet tall reptiles and the Pope is running this world?

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I don't think there's anything wrong with doing an exposé or critique of someone's ‘work’ or claims. We sure do need more of that in this field actually. I'm not sure if this was the best way to do it but I don't see anything wrong with the intention.

Regarding Jonathan Reed.. Oh, you can bet your house people believe him and will bring him up in the future.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Wow... people seem touchy today. I just kinda thought it was funny, that's all.

I sincerely apologize for the manner I presented the video (no I'm not being sarcastic). I just didn't find anyone giving this guy any credit in the admittedly brief search I did in the forums. I obviously should have dug a little deeper.

To be honest, I find videos like this one are the primary source of disinfo that's plaguing the internet these days. But that's just my two cents. If people are allowed to believe what they want, then I'm allowed to not believe what I want!

Figured this was a forum to give your own opinions and views on relevant topics. That's what I did. but got labeled as a disinfo agent... which, in all honesty, I find absolutely hilarious! This is probably my second post after being a member for something like 3 years, so I don't really care about 'points'.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Absence of evidence is NOT evidence of absence! You should join the dots and think out of the box. You can't prove that Reed is a hoax. You're a disinfo agent working for counter intelligence to propagate the ideas of TPTB. Just another illuminati shill trading his future for Nibiru dollars.

Tell me...who'll feed your kids when we're all overrun with 9 feet tall reptiles and the Pope is running this world?

You got him there....LOL!!

Just wow. I think you could do a pretty good comic book series with some of the ideas you've got there...

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by oaf21

G'day oaf21

You have no idea how how much I've wanted to see another Jonathon Reed / Rutter thread.

I am going to wait until I get home later tonight & then settle back with a really nice glass of red & savour your video & this thread.

This will be great.....

I can't wait.....

I've got goosebumps already.....

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Absence of evidence is NOT evidence of absence

But sure as hell does not proove anything, that is just something that gets thrown arround like "denny ignorance" once someone says it everyone is supposed to agree or somthing.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206

You got him there....LOL!!

Just wow. I think you could do a pretty good comic book series with some of the ideas you've got there...

Seriously!! I've got the perfect first comic book scene in mind already! Me feeding my kids to the 9 foot reptilians!!

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Hey!

Thanks for the kind regards!

Hope you enjoy it, man! Take it with a pinch of salt though... it was one of those 'too good to be true' vids for me, which made me look a little deeper (didn't have to try very hard though).

I look forward to hearing your opinion of it!

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The ATS rule of thumb " The amount of debunking is in direct proportion to amount of truthfulness of a story!"

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MOTT the HOOPLE

Dude, I hope that's true in this case, because if indeed it is, and we now have a way of teleporting ourselves to some alien's space ship, hook me up! I'd love to have that! It would revolutionize the planet.

Sadly, though, crappy special effects aren't going to start said revolution...

Edited for grammar

[edit on 4-2-2010 by oaf21]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MOTT the HOOPLE
The ATS rule of thumb " The amount of debunking is in direct proportion to amount of truthfulness of a story!"

What? Do you mean 'truthiness?'

Is Dr. Jonathan Reed's (aka Billy Nomates/ Rutter) track history of pathological lying and pitiful attention-seeking really an indicator that his accounts are indeed true? It creates a paradox.

By telling a teacher his dog ate his homework...it meant that a parallel Reed really did do the homework and a dog he never owned ate it!? Either that or Reed's just a liar and there's no proportion, inverse or otherwise, that relates to his truthfulness.

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky

Originally posted by MOTT the HOOPLE

What? Do you mean 'truthiness?'

Is Dr. Jonathan Reed's (aka Billy Nomates/ Rutter) track history of pathological lying and pitiful attention-seeking really an indicator that his accounts are indeed true? It creates a paradox.

By telling a teacher his dog ate his homework...it meant that a parallel Reed really did do the homework and a dog he never owned ate it!? Either that or Reed's just a liar and there's no proportion, inverse or otherwise, that relates to his truthfulness.

I think he was just being ironic... and I've noticed that here on ATS as well. No matter how many people try and debunk something, the same amount will show up claiming it's true... and vice versa.

Which, I guess is the whole point of this website, really. Isn't that what 'discussion' is all about? It's just hard to draw any hard conclusions, that's all.

Edited for clarity

[edit on 4-2-2010 by oaf21]

posted on Feb, 4 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I think someone added the obviously fake audience audio to discredit and ridicule this video. I read that it was not done by Jonathan Reed and his crew.

After studying this case I actually think this is real...
But I wonder who added the fake sound-effects.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Wow, that was entertaining for all the wrong reasons...

Clearly reading an autocue, the stilted speech gives it away, the mono then stereo sound as mentioned really kills it dead. Live I doubt it, pre-recorded with the teleportation sequence just phased in as JR is still in the same exact position as he er 'left'..

The complete silence obviously would be wrong with a live audience, a lot of folk would be screaming their heads of wondering what was going to happen to them. An with this man's track record it's pretty clear it's just a TV spot for his ego..

Jamie is just the icing on this stale cake...

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I don't really care if this is real or not, because from the video evidence, it still proves nothing other than that it messed up the camera. big deal, EMP effects have been around for ages.

there's still nothing that can validate that it is alien.

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by bananasam
I don't really care if this is real or not, because from the video evidence, it still proves nothing other than that it messed up the camera. big deal, EMP effects have been around for ages.

there's still nothing that can validate that it is alien.

I know this is going to sound like a silly question, but if the vid is indeed a hoax, can someone show me a similar demonstration or a duplicate of the FX used in that video?

I have to admit I laughed a little at the drama of it all. Just wondering about the effects...

posted on Feb, 5 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightVision

I know this is going to sound like a silly question, but if the vid is indeed a hoax, can
someone show me a similar demonstration or a duplicate of the FX used in that video?

Sure, here they are at your request. A sinple effect known as BadTV by BadTV AE pixel
bender plugin in Adobe After Effects, nothing out of the ordinary.

These are some examples.

BadTV - processes a clip to make it look as though it was being broadcast on a
television suffering from poor reception. A master control alters the overall signal
quality to produce ghosting, snow, edge distortions, colour loss, vertical roll, misaligned
guns, shash effects, power loss and other effects for televisions, security camera and
video.

Another example with several variations also by Adobe After Effects.

And this one too.

Are you satisfied? Of course if you suspect that hilarious video may be real be my
guest.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join