It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth about Roswell should be taught in schools

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Not too long ago I was using my "Recent Search" option on the Direct TV. I found UFO's under a kids channel. I can't quite remember what channel it was or what it was called, but it was one of the channels for kids. It spoke about the UFO's that have been seen, the legit ones. I believe that one episode had spoken about the truth about the Roswell Crash.

What had saddened me is that many of today's generation of people, don't know what the 1947 Crash in Roswell, NM. Some, have not even heard of the name Roswell, nor it being in the state of New Mexico. Yet, the generation of people that are at the age where they could die next week, are trying to get the truth out to the people. Jesse Marcel Jr had wrote a book about the truth of Roswell, yet, not one person that I had talked to has even heard of that person.

It's people that stride around, with a half-ass on the fence about whether life exists or not, that are causing this. Not to mention these die hard debunkers out there trying to give a logical explanation even though it doesn't make sense, to the people whom want to believe and to those who are fresh on the subject. Your either on the side where you debunk alien life; UFO's; or ET Visitations, or your on the side that believes we are not alone; accepting the possibility that we have been visited all these years mankind has existed. There is no sitting on the fence. A simple Yes or No. Humanity already has a growing stain of denial and extreme ignorance amongst the people and the closed minded, idiot box, doesn't need to grow any larger than it is.

Since there are classes in Ufology in some colleges throughout the states and other places in the world, there needs to be a "Starting" study on the early events that have taken place, such as Roswell and other Significant events. Teaching the importance of and benefits of finding extra terrestrial life. I would certainly pay tax dollars for the things needed to do so.

Another thing, back when I was in High School in my Junior year, our teacher talked about World War II. How it was won, What we did after the war. There were things they purposely left out. How the Americans took German scientists involved in Advanced Propulsion Technologies, the first spec's on the Flying Wing, Rockets, ect. They never said a damn word about Werner Von Braun and his works. Nor did they say where they sent him or explain how those people were the first step in technological advanced in the US. Perhaps they don't want it to make it sound that the Americans were working with Nazi Scientists. 2,000 of them.

There is a forbidden history that are not being told to today's new generation of people. Where is the freedom to teach this? I thought there were freedoms here, I'll have to think twice next time someone says they "Fight for my Freedom".

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Generally speaking, teaching theory is reserved for higher level education. Roswell, unfortunately, is almost all theory and speculation.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
While I believe in UFOs, I can understand them not teaching this in school for many reasons. Schools is supposedly abouts facts. Or theory as it applied to rational science. UFOs (and Roswell) is still a lot of guesswork, and no tangible, very solid proof. Mind, I think there is plenty of proof, but it's bits of sand, slowly built up over the decades, nothing singularly definitive. Schools won't touch that sort of thing. It's the same reason schools don't teach religeon (unless it's a Christian school of course). Do you think all parents would be ok with them teaching it as fact? There is no way they would. This will never happen.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantumDeath
What had saddened me is that many of today's generation of people, don't know what the 1947 Crash in Roswell, NM.

Very true, some people even claim it was a UFO! We certainly do not want silly stories like that taught in any school, we want students to learn facts, not silly made up stories!

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Another thing, back when I was in High School in my Junior year, our teacher talked about World War II. How it was won, What we did after the war. There were things they purposely left out. How the Americans took German scientists involved in Advanced Propulsion Technologies, the first spec's on the Flying Wing, Rockets, ect. They never said a damn word about Werner Von Braun and his works. Nor did they say where they sent him or explain how those people were the first step in technological advanced in the US. Perhaps they don't want it to make it sound that the Americans were working with Nazi Scientists. 2,000 of them.
reply to post by QuantumDeath

It's a cliche, but true nevertheless, history is written by the winners. So naturally the Allies come out like heroes, with the Axis powers the great evil.

One thought about why the UFO show might have been listed under a kids channel....maybe the content was more "family friendly?" In other words, no scences of violence, gratituous sex, or profanity? If that's the case, it probably received the labeling purely because it lacked content usually found in more "adult" shows.

Although, having said that, I've always wanted to know what non-gratitious sex would be.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
What version of roswell should they teach? I mean every witness who took the time to jump on the UFOlogy bandwagon or write a book says incredibly different things none of which can be verrified.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

It's people that stride around, with a half-ass on the fence about whether life exists or not, that are causing this. Not to mention these die hard debunkers out there trying to give a logical explanation even though it doesn't make sense, to the people whom want to believe and to those who are fresh on the subject. Your either on the side where you debunk alien life; UFO's; or ET Visitations, or your on the side that believes we are not alone; accepting the possibility that we have been visited all these years mankind has existed. There is no sitting on the fence. A simple Yes or No.

You're not GWB are you?
"You're either with us or against us".

I'm sorry, it's not that black and white.

Also, what IS the truth of Roswell?

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

What is the "truth" about Roswell? There is still debate even among UFO researchers as to the facts. Is it truth you want taught or your beliefs?

Your either on the side where you debunk alien life; UFO's; or ET Visitations, or your on the side that believes we are not alone; accepting the possibility that we have been visited all these years mankind has existed. There is no sitting on the fence. A simple Yes or No. Humanity already has a growing stain of denial and extreme ignorance amongst the people and the closed minded, idiot box, doesn't need to grow any larger than it is.

Things are not that simple. There are no clear demarcations.

Even if they are skeptical of ET visitation, most if not all skeptics do not believe we are alone. Nor are they closed to the possibility that alien life may be visiting the planet. Some of the more prominent skeptics of alien visitation are also active in the search for alien life and even suggest we could find evidence of ancient visitation; see Carl Sagan.

Just as being skeptical is not synonymous with being closed-minded, believing alien life is visiting the Earth is not the same as being open-minded. Take yourself, for example. You have tried to stereotype people based on your own prejudices. You have referred to anyone who doesn't agree with you as a stain, ignorant, closed-minded and idiots. You have ceased listening to other points of view, dismissed them without thought. That is the definition of closed-minded.

Please review this video:

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by dereks

Very true, some people even claim it was a UFO! We certainly do not want silly stories like that taught in any school, we want students to learn facts, not silly made up stories!

What do you see as silly? Weather Balloons being a National Security Threat, or ET's having crashed on our planet?

The USAF has changed their story too many times, from the actual Flying Disc to the complete 180 of it being a weather balloon.

I'm sorry, but Weather Balloons don't put agencies like CIA and NSA on high alert and their efforts to abduct a rancher by the name of Mac Brazel, a US Citizen. I know little about amendments and constitution, however, there is something that says that the Abduction and Detention of a US Citizen by agencies without trial isn't allowed. This was in 1947 (Correct if wrong)

I only guess you want me to say that the UFO's that flew over Washington DC in 1952 were only weather balloons also? When do we go on high alert for rogue weather balloons? When do we send fighters to intercept weather balloons that can "Out-Maneuver" the best fighter jets of that time?

I'd die before I see the ignorant begin to grow in numbers. Expect me to be on the field to aid these people whom have been ridiculed over and over because things are too hard to believe.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Just the way I see things my friend. However, It doesn't mean that I hate those people over what I have said. "Seeing is a believing" and yes, I once used to be a skeptic until I have seen something act beyond of what we are capable of. However, I also don't take lightly on how the credible people of that time are now dying out and have to carry the burden on what they saw, but cannot tell because it would be too hard for others to believe. I don't expect myself to take the untimely deaths of people in the Microbiology and Ufology field, all dying at the peaks of their careers. Important of all, I don't take kindly to our government lying to us. Once told a lie, its hard to believe what else they are telling you.

I want the truths to be taught. Not more lies. It's not the Governments decision to keep something like this hidden from the rest of humanity.

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread540647/pg1#pid8033991]

Take yourself, for example. You have tried to stereotype people based on your own prejudices. You have referred to anyone who doesn't agree with you as a stain, ignorant, closed-minded and idiots. You have ceased listening to other points of view, dismissed them without thought. That is the definition of closed-minded.

I assume that is Direct, either though I have made no direct (referring to names) in this post. Now, whatever makes you think that I cease to listen to each persons point of view, I always read the whole conversation of each post, regardless of what the point of view is, Closed minded or Open Minded. Even if I don't agree, I read it anyways. However, I have radical points of view and act upon them. What I see, to your reference of open and closed minded is quite confusing as to what I was taught. My definition. Open minded: Thinking outside of the box, Impossible doesn't apply to the Universe as anything can happen, You listen to others, then you feed them your share. Depending on how you are on the issue. Closed minded: Always inside the box, it is Impossible unless proven, one who knows nothing but for only what they can see in front of them. The way in which I believe you to be describing open minded as, is accepting other ideas of "Some", and "Some" ideas in which conflict with yours (a 180), to acknowledge as a possibility. I don't have a very wide version of vocab unlike others nor are my English mechanics are as good, but I can't put it a better way. So, are you that for me to be Open Minded (in your definition) is to agree to a possibility even though it directly conflicts with what you believe or saying? Example "Possibility that Alien life exists" with "Possibility that Alien life doesnt exist and that they are all Angels". They are a 180. Another example. You see a sign that says "One Way", however, the arrow points to only one direction, there are no double headed arrows.
Do you understand that?

There are many more things that are not out in the light, but it can easily be seen that agencies were not on alert for a weather-balloon invasion.

[edit on 3-2-2010 by QuantumDeath]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   

However, It doesn't mean that I hate those people over what I have said.

You might not but you have dismissed them and treat them as lesser human beings for not agreeing with you.

"Seeing is a believing" and yes, I once used to be a skeptic until I have seen something act beyond of what we are capable of.

It isn't. Many here have seen something and have questions about what they saw, but we don't jump to conclusion.

Important of all, I don't take kindly to our government lying to us.

It's not the Governments decision to keep something like this hidden from the rest of humanity.

Welcome to life in a republic. Sometimes lies are necessary in a dangerous world.

There are many more things that are not out in the light, but it can easily be seen that agencies were not on alert for a weather-balloon invasion.

You are making an argument based on your own stereotypes again. No one brought up "weather balloons".

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   

What do you see as silly? Weather Balloons being a National Security Threat, or ET's having crashed on our planet?

You're arguing from your own stereotypes, and ridiculing people for an point they have not made.

The USAF has changed their story too many times, from the actual Flying Disc to the complete 180 of it being a weather balloon.

If it's changed, then why do you believe the first story? If, as you said earlier, it is hard to trust them once they have lied, how do you know the first story is the truth?

I'm sorry, but Weather Balloons don't put agencies like CIA and NSA on high alert and their efforts to abduct a rancher by the name of Mac Brazel, a US Citizen.

The Roswell Crash was in July, 1947. The CIA was not commissioned until September of that year and NSA wouldn't exist for another four years. Unless they are time travelers, I doubt they were kidnapping anyone in 1947.

Other than a flying disc, do you think there could be anything else to provoke a cover-up? In regards to the 1952 DC flap, do you think there is anything else that could have provoked that government response?

Do you know history?

I'd die before I see the ignorant begin to grow in numbers...

How old are you?

[edit on 3-2-2010 by DoomsdayRex]

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

What is the "truth" about Roswell? There is still debate even among UFO researchers as to the facts. Is it truth you want taught or your beliefs?

I would be happy with theories and beliefs being taught about Roswell and other credible ufo cases in Universities and schools. According to graduate level philosophy there is no legitimate "truth" to be had anywhere, so it does all boil down to beliefs of some kind or another and how much weight those beliefs can hold.
Look at the evolution of the discipline of psychology; their theories and beliefs change on a daily basis.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Asking the OP's age sounds like a non-sequitur; age has nothing to do with the post.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sparrowstail
Asking the OP's age sounds like a non-sequitur; age has nothing to do with the post.

Not at all. I ask because he is speaking with an outrage usually reserved for the young, discovering these things for the first time.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

You are making an argument based on your own stereotypes again. No one brought up "weather balloons"..

I brought up Weather Balloons

The Roswell Crash was in July, 1947. The CIA was not commissioned until September of that year and NSA wouldn't exist for another four years. Unless they are time travelers, I doubt they were kidnapping anyone in 1947.

Other than a flying disc, do you think there could be anything else to provoke a cover-up? In regards to the 1952 DC flap, do you think there is anything else that could have provoked that government response?

Do you know history?

I suppose thats what they would want you to know, am I correct? I may have made a mistake, but by all means, don't think you have something going my friend.

You need to look up on the Rancher my friend.

There are reasons why it isn't supposed to be introduced to the public. 1. People will think we are not in control of our own skies. 2. What would people believe in anymore? This goes on and on. Weather balloons don't provoke a fearful response from the government.

Do I know history? Back in the days, yes. I always took notes, however, that's been long ago. My memory isn't quite as good and I never bother to look over our history. However, you ask about history as if my 11th-12th grade teacher actually told our class the date the CIA and NSA were formed. Never got a note on that once, and we got grades for notes.

How old are you?

My age isn't of any importance to you, nor anything else. The only "Need to know" is my screen name "Quantum Death".

I don't have time for "Age Crysis" games played by an ATS User. If this is going to escalate into an argument, over the way I see things. I directed no names up until you did, now it is becoming a personal attack. I can gladly contact an admin if you would like. I suggest this comes to an end between you and I.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Not at all. I ask because he is speaking with an outrage usually reserved for the young, discovering these things for the first time.

My teen days are well over buddy. I speak of how it is, how I see it and I respect the opinion of others, but I always must insist that I reply back in the way I see it.

The first time is five years back my friend. Outrage can come from anybody of any age. I stand up for what I see is going on around me and if others can do the same, I appreciate it. This is something that should be dealt in outrage, because words do not work against our government.

I wonder how is it you link age with outrage.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

And................?

Doesnt change the fact that there is no evidence to back it up, meaning that there is nothing to teach except theory and speculation. I'd rather have my kids learning facts.

For the record, I am a believer. But I do not buy into ANYTHING being passed off as fact without proof.

posted on Feb, 3 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Proof won't present itself by our words "As People". It will not make a difference to these agencies, whatever they might be.

There is something dark going on within our government that our president has no control of and there is more to it than the eye can see. I can only hope that in time, people will become fed up with our leaders and their irresponsibility for a mess they created, but can't control.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join