It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll- Would You Be a Draft Dodger?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I want to know if any of you American citizens would be cowardly and stupid enough to dodge the draft if it is brought around again.

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   
HEIL AMERICANA!!!!!!!

I'll die for this country, whether it's right or wrong, before i'd run to any other country to escape war. hell, gimme an M-16 right now and i'd go help fight in Iraq, if the need be.

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I only put yes because I will not do something as dishonorable as that, I do not support the war and I am a pacifist, I would most likely serve a non-combat role.

XAOS

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Xaos ya dont need to be a fighter in war. Serve the country as a radioman or a millitary docotor like on M.A.S.H.
I will die, and serve America the land that I love no matter what the cause. I was born here and I will die loving it.
GOD BLESS AMERICA HOME OF THE FREE AND HOME OF THE BRAVE. LAND THAT I LOVE!!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   
hey, xaos, that's just as honorable, s'long as you support the country.

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   
as I'm just barely too old to be drafted...

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I leave for Marine Corps boot camp in 3 weeks. Draft dodgers are pussies

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Okay Gazrok, I'm not of age for the draft but if I was I'll fight. Grunt God Bless you on in the marines!!!
! Serve your country well!

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   
It's the hardest boot camp in the armed services...(and the longest I believe). I've got several friends in every branch, and even they agree about the marines...first in, last out, hehe... Just don't go getting yourself killed...

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by grunt_ignited
I leave for Marine Corps boot camp in 3 weeks. Draft dodgers are pussies

be careful out there with the marines. I've heard they're satanists. j/k We don't want to be losing one of our own. We'll be thinking about ya.

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 05:23 PM
link   
not only would i not be a draft dodger, if the draft was reinstituted i would renlist and not wait for my number to come up. GOD BLESS AMERICA THE LAND OF THE FREE AND THE HOME OF THE BRAVE.

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I put other ... why ???

Well, I'm not to coward to fight for this country, but I am coward enough to not want to go oversea's to another country I know squat about and die there away from my family.

For me, family before country. I serve and protect them most of all. So if anyone came here and started some #, I'll blow there friggan head's off.

I did try joining the army and navy, but I checkened out. First of all, I don't need some asshole screaming at me left and right (sorry, THAT will just piss me off not make me more of a man), second ... I don't think the benefits out way the risk ... Pay me a hell of alot more than what they offer now THEN I'll risk death.

My grandfather was in the navy for 20 year's .... The benefit's my grandma is getting from that is just barley getting her through life ... I can't do that to my wife and children ... they need a husband and a father, not some guy who died in his first war .....

That's just how I see it ... I know someone's gunna call me a pussy for it, but screw them!

arc

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 06:07 PM
link   
no one who gives the reasons you just gave can possibly be called a coward or a pussy and I admire you for stating them so honestly.

Sure a nation needs all the soldiers it can get, but it also needs good men back home too. And if you feel home is where you can give the most, then all due respect to you

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I already did my time and I don't think they'd call me back up, but if they did, I'd go. Not happily since I already know being shot at isn't glamerous like in the movies. But I'd go because my family comes first, and I know the last thing we want is an invading army coming to this land. In defending my family, I'd be defending everyone else's family at the same time. That is what every soldier sailor airman and marine does, during wartime or peace, they defend all of our families.
If the opponent's forces make it here, you won't blow the crap outta anything. Let's be realistic.

God bless you, Grunt. You'll be in the prayers of me and my family. It's the least we can do for you while you stand between the Dark and the Light on our behalf.

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Bah, problem is with america, the reason's I listed are plenty to be called a pussy and coward.

TC,

I don't mind fighting for my country and it's people ... I do mind getting killed in someone else's country over a war our president decided to start without cunsulting me since it will be my ass on the line and not his .... My death is my descision, not someone else's, so if the war come's here, then I'll gladly give my life defending what I believe in ... My family.

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I had to put Other because I've already served (During Daddy Bush's term...Hell, I served in the Navy longer than *he* served in the White House!)

At this point, I'm too old for the draft & too old for re-enlistment. Even then, I'd only be put in non-combat positions anyway because I'm the last surviving son in my family.

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 10:21 PM
link   
thank you for your service MD, it is appreciated by your fellow country men, whether they realize it or not.

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
send me to iraq with a m-16 and i'll use it on american troops.

all i have to say about that is

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 10:59 PM
link   
No I would NOT! I would be proud to honor my country and give my life if need be.

posted on Feb, 28 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Are you prepared to die for a country that has done nothing for you, but everything against you?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join