It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Tragedy. What would you do?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
It's happened, the worst is here and it's here to stay.

The rapture has happened, you've been left behind.

No matter which religion you follow, or non religion, you've been left behind, and something has sucked up 60% of humans into a clearly supernatural passage.

Say most of your neighbors are now gone, and you a devout '***********" is now stuck here, wondering why....?

What do you do?

How does the world change, 'for you?'

60% of the earths population is gone.

Do you act in the way you would expect yourself to?

Stay indoors with a gun and your hideout of food? Till whatever comes next?

Do you try to find others like minded to help?

Do you realize the end of times is here and 'roll with it'?

Now I'm not agreeing that religion is right, and blah blah blah, as I see coming from people who know me atheist, just curious of what members of over thinking minds really would act like in a scenario act.

I personally, if a scenario came to be, would most likely act savage, but that is just my view of what would become of me, curious of others plans, and what they actually think would become of them. There is a difference.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Republican08]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Nothing to worry about.

If you have lead a good life and loved God, and lived clean, some lunatic blood thirsty gun nut survivalist will probably have already killed you.
Go to heaven BE COMPLETELY SAFE, and continue your good life there, with all your friends and family around you..

Meanwhile, the gun nut survalists believe that with enough fire power and weaponry, they can live forever in the hell world THEY have created.
It is just a case of killing, looting, and raping enough people and taking enough stuff away from other people to survive.
Good luck.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Now I'm not agreeing that religion is right

Yet you seem to be hung up on this Rapture thing, where the 'good' are sucked up to heaven and the rest are left down here in hell.

If that is what you believe, then more power to ya, but for me all humans (unless there is some kind of genetic defect) are born with the fundamentals of morality.

Ok I will play along though. If the rapture did happen, the world would go on and probably be a better place without religious nutjobs screwing up the gene pool.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Actually, there's not a lot you or I could do. For the ones that are left behind won't be around long after.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Count Chocula

The world would go on and probably be a better place without religious nut jobs screwing up the gene pool.

You may just get your wish........

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Count Chocula

Yet you seem to be hung up on this Rapture thing, where the 'good' are sucked up to heaven and the rest are left down here in hell.

not 'hung up', just curious into what the outcome of a person would be there on out.

and for the rest, I didn't ask what the world as a whole would go onto, I asked what would 'personally' be of you, how would you react.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Once again a good question, Republican

Assuming my wife and kids would undoubtedly be taken by some rapture and being left with only the undeniable truth that my ways were wrong...

I would kill myself.....

As a strong believer in reincarnation, i'll probably come back as a cockroach and thus have an effective protection against Armageddon.

Star and flag.

Peace

PS: oh crap, would the reality of a rapture mean that the idea of reincarnation is false? I that case....i would still kill myself.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Shadow

It is just a case of killing, looting, and raping enough people and taking enough stuff away from other people to survive.
Good luck.

Oh really? This has been debated on so many forums, by much more eloquent people than you or I, and the general consensus has been that organized religion is responsible for more death, destruction, enslavement, and outright genocide than any other human aspiration. You have one side that presents indisputable facts, and you have another side that relies on the multi-translated words of a distinct minority that lived in a desert 2k years ago.

Hence the reason this topic is an automatic lock on most forums since it is not logically debatable.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Count Chocula
[

Oh really?

Yes, the survivalists are stocking up on weaponry for a reason.

Now what could that reason possibly be ?

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Yes, the survivalists are stocking up on weaponry for a reason.

Now what could that reason possibly be ?

I dunno, but 30 years ago people were doing the exact same thing preparing for the Soviets. Now its the NWO, Obama, 2012 etc etc.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Count Chocula]

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Count Chocula]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

Once again a good question, Republican

Assuming my wife and kids would undoubtedly be taken by some rapture and being left with only the undeniable truth that my ways were wrong...

I would kill myself.....

As a strong believer in reincarnation, i'll probably come back as a cockroach and thus have an effective protection against Armageddon.

Star and flag.

Peace

PS: oh crap, would the reality of a rapture mean that the idea of reincarnation is false? I that case....i would still kill myself.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by operation mindcrime]

Love it!

Only you could make coming back as a cockroach a good thing

Although your PS would continue truthfully.

Thank you though for answering hypothetically accordingly!

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:31 AM
link   
This is a great question. I could see a whole postmortem examination of the concepts, ideas and beliefs of the recent abductees. Surely we would have to interview their family members and closest friends to find out the abductee's particular schools of thought. Then we would have to pool together this data from many sources, creating an accurate archetype, to find out even if we would be comfortable with a God like that. Also, what is God doing with our family in the meantime? Are they safe? How do we know?

Another thing to remember, of course, is that this God did not choose us. He also did not presumably choose our religious ideology, and he most certainly is not the way us left-behinders thought he was.

So let's see..we have a God we always thought we knew but don't... abducting our families, who doesn't tell us what he's doing with our families, well I'm thinking a war (no matter how futile) is becoming a possibility.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by theyreadmymind
This is a great question. I could see a whole postmortem examination of the concepts, ideas and beliefs of the recent abductees. Surely we would have to interview their family members and closest friends to find out the abductee's particular schools of thought. Then we would have to pool together this data from many sources, creating an accurate archetype, to find out even if we would be comfortable with a God like that. Also, what is God doing with our family in the meantime? Are they safe? How do we know?

Another thing to remember, of course, is that this God did not choose us. He also did not presumably choose our religious ideology, and he most certainly is not the way us left-behinders thought he was.

So let's see..we have a God we always thought we knew but don't... abducting our families, who doesn't tell us what he's doing with our families, well I'm thinking a war (no matter how futile) is becoming a possibility.

Looking globally are we?

Overthinkers yes, overoverthinkers, no

Just what you would be doing personally during this time.

You've woken up, or whatever, and all the sudden this scenario has happened, what do you do?

Understanding that you're just an average joe, such as yourself.

Just you as a person, what would you do.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Well, it all depends on how much warning we have. Me and my nephew are learning to survive on our own. Hopefully we'll never need to, but it's never too late to learn.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by theyreadmymind

Well, it all depends on how much warning we have. Me and my nephew are learning to survive on our own. Hopefully we'll never need to, but it's never too late to learn.

Ok well, the warning time never comes.

It has happened, right now.

Whatever you have saved up, packed up, reserved or whatever.

It's happened right now, planes falling out of skies, and recently vacated moving cars, where do you stand?

Cool, calm and collected.

Or instinctly moved to assaults and attacks to get what to survive?

Just saying this all happened this minute, not 2012, but right now, 3:55 am CST

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
It's happened right now...Just saying this all happened this minute, not 2012, but right now, 3:55 am CST

I would make sure I'd be the first to create a thread in the "breaking alternative news" forum on the issue!!

Think of all the stars and flags.....

Seriously, i think you would actually find a thread on ATS about the matter minutes after the event...

Peace

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by operation mindcrime

Originally posted by Republican08
It's happened right now...Just saying this all happened this minute, not 2012, but right now, 3:55 am CST

I would make sure I'd be the first to create a thread in the "breaking alternative news" forum on the issue!!

Think of all the stars and flags.....

Seriously, i think you would actually find a thread on ATS about the matter minutes after the event...

Peace

Hence my homepage

If some **** actually went down ever, ATS would know about it of course

I honestly believe, that if a Nuke went off in Dallas, my first instinct would be, "put this on ATS quick!!!" then reality would kick in, and my old car and I would be off in a flash!!!!

But when I got a chance to let my second passenger drive, saying my service still worked, my smartphone would update ATS to what had happened.

Uh hum, if ATS could Actually get an App for the Android Market and Apple Market!!!!!!!

Not that hard, just hard enough that I can't make one!!!!

Bill please pursue this!!! We'd all pay for an ATS app!

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Id gather up whatever supplies I needed and probably just wander for a long time. Laws and such would be pretty irrelevant I think. Most of the remaining people would probably flock to a city and stay there so there would be a lot of land left alone. Yes... I think I would enjoy such a thing... just wander for a few years, exploring things without being bothered much, if at all and then find a spot to live the rest of my life peacefully then die. I don't see myself becoming an old man so when I got tired of it Id probably just eat my gun and hope for the best. If I found myself in hell I would have to form a rebellion and annex all of hell for myself and my followers, throw the devil out on his ass then start forming plans for a siege on heaven.

[edit on 2-2-2010 by Raverous]

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Being a drinking and smoking man, I would find the nearest cigar shop and liquor store.

Sit back and watch Armageddon.

No need to panic, I have my TOWEL.

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Raverous

Just make sure your little slice of heaven isn't anywhere near the battlefields of Armageddon. It can seriously disrupt your plans for a quiet and peaceful live as a wandering geriatric...

I don't believe the rapture myth intends for the ones staying behind to survive.

Peace

top topics

<<   2 >>

join