It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/10/2001

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
1st of all i post this here as i want this to have nothing to do with 9/11, i would rather 9/11 isnt even brought up.

i feel it is simply a financial matter within our military part of the government

This day makes me incredibly curious

it makes me curious as to why most people have no clue what happened this day if you ask them

Im also curious as to what has happened since this day

for those who dont know the events i am talking about, the following link is simply the 1st youtube video i found on the matter

www.youtube.com...

9/10/2001 was the day Donald Rumsfeld told us all that the army could not account for as much as 2.3 trillion dollars, or 25 percent of its budget

with an announcement like this, one would expect some type of followup to occur, an investigation of some kind, simply you would expect at least something would be done

however, when looking quickly into the matter, i was unable to gain any information on anything that took place regarding the money after this announcement was made

so where did the 2.3 trillion go?
what has been done about it going missing in the 1st place?
has anything happened in all these years?
did the date and the revelation that 2.3 trillion is missing come in one ear and go out the other without any sort of processing take place whatsoever?

with all the numbers that have been tossed around lately with all these bailouts and buyouts and crashes one may be jaded as to how much 2.3 trillion is

in order to attempt to put it into perspective, the entire USA's gross domestic product is currently around 14 trillion i believe and 2.3 trillion just disappeared without a trace

2.3 trillion disappeared, and now we are in a horrible recession

where did all the money go?

[edit on 1-2-2010 by Dramey]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
the main reason i post this even though i am sure it has been discussed before is because im sure all the other times its been bought up it was associated with 9/11

usually when going down that road the dead end comes up quick

i would like to look at this completely separate from 9/11 as its own incident and try to see if there is any information or if any facts may exist regarding this situation almost a decade later after we have entered one of the worst, if not the worst depression in a very long time

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I can not give you an answer. I don't even know where to begin speculation. Corruption in the military-industrial complex hasn't been an area I study.

However, I star and flagged the thread. I also threw in this little response to bump the thread. This is something serious to discuss.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Dramey

An opportunity to view the sentence (we cannot track $2.3 trillion in transactions) in context .

The technology revolution has transformed organizations across the private sector, but not ours, not fully, not yet. We are, as they say, tangled in our anchor chain. Our financial systems are decades old.

According to some estimates, we cannot track $2.3 trillion in transactions. We cannot share information from floor to floor in this building because it's stored on dozens of technological systems that are inaccessible or incompatible.

We maintain 20 to 25 percent more base infrastructure than we need to support our forces, at an annual waste to taxpayers of some $3 billion to $4 billion.

Fully half of our resources go to infrastructure and overhead, and in addition to draining resources from warfighting, these costly and outdated systems, procedures and programs stifle innovation as well.

A new idea must often survive the gauntlet of some 17 levels of bureaucracy to make it from a line officer's to my desk. I have too much respect for a line officer to believe that we need 17 layers between us.

link

There was a thread here on ATS by Swampfox46_1999 that highlighted this ....... Rumsfeld and the 2.3 trillion

[edit on 1-2-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Most if not all of the great tragities that man has brought against man can correctly be summed up with "follow the money".

Not just this theft. The stock market manipulation that followed was swept under the rug. For the kind of money these people were after and are protecting they would consider any number of deaths worth it.

posted on Feb, 1 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
You got me googling that date and found an interesting article.

"His bill, which critics have called an Official Secrets Act, would make it a felony for active or retired government employees to intentionally disclose classified information. The offense would be punishable by substantial fines and up to three years in prison. Under the bill, the government would not have to prove actual harm to national security, only that the information was in fact passed on to someone not authorized to receive it.

Link to the story...Secrecy Bill Slapped Down -- For Now

www.albionmonitor.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus
reply to post by Dramey

An opportunity to view the sentence (we cannot track $2.3 trillion in transactions) in context .

The technology revolution has transformed organizations across the private sector, but not ours, not fully, not yet. We are, as they say, tangled in our anchor chain. Our financial systems are decades old.

According to some estimates, we cannot track $2.3 trillion in transactions. We cannot share information from floor to floor in this building because it's stored on dozens of technological systems that are inaccessible or incompatible.

We maintain 20 to 25 percent more base infrastructure than we need to support our forces, at an annual waste to taxpayers of some $3 billion to $4 billion.

Fully half of our resources go to infrastructure and overhead, and in addition to draining resources from warfighting, these costly and outdated systems, procedures and programs stifle innovation as well.

A new idea must often survive the gauntlet of some 17 levels of bureaucracy to make it from a line officer's to my desk. I have too much respect for a line officer to believe that we need 17 layers between us.

link

There was a thread here on ATS by Swampfox46_1999 that highlighted this ....... Rumsfeld and the 2.3 trillion

after just reading the 1st post in the thread im quickly put off by the thread as it seems more tied to 9/11 then im looking at

by that i mean it seems even the thread poster seems to emotional towards 9/11 to really look at this situation fully

on top of that, he seems to think the 2.3 trillion is a type of figure of speech that represents wasting

i dont know how much i agree with that not being a crime

personally the bottom line is they cant account for a large amount of the money they are awarded every year

whether its due to negligence, incompetence or some criminal activity, i think its completely criminal that we are that wasteful

plus im interested into what has happened since these announcements to make right the situation

it seems nothing has been done

it also seems either people dont know what happened on this day, dont have any answers, or simply arent interested

however, no matter how you look at the situation, we are still talking about 2.3 trillion dollars thats

$2,300,000,000,000.00

thats a serious amount of 0s and even though its criminal in my mind that we waste that much, or that much goes missing, the thing that seems more criminal, is that nothing has been done or changed since this announcement to affect this negative situation, thats the real crime

so is he saying 2.3 trillion a year

if so its been almost 10 years since then

does that mean we've wasted or lost over 20 trillion dollars since 9/11??

that sure is the way its looking to me

posted on Feb, 2 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by anotherdad
You got me googling that date and found an interesting article.

"His bill, which critics have called an Official Secrets Act, would make it a felony for active or retired government employees to intentionally disclose classified information. The offense would be punishable by substantial fines and up to three years in prison. Under the bill, the government would not have to prove actual harm to national security, only that the information was in fact passed on to someone not authorized to receive it.

Link to the story...Secrecy Bill Slapped Down -- For Now

www.albionmonitor.com...

i didnt initially respond because i thought what you uncovered deserved its own thread, but since this thread seems a bit slow i thought i would comment

there isnt really much to say, but if anyone from this day forth doubts a conspiracy theorist, one needs only point to this to show how screwed up the thinking is in our government

jsut the fact they would try something like that is absolute insanity

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Dramey

Hopefully you are still paying attention to this thread.

2.3 trillion dollars represented over FIVE YEARS worth of military budgets. Five entire military budgets. So for the Pentagon to have lost 2.3 trillion dollars in cash, that would mean that no one got paid, no construction was performed, no weapons were bought.

You think I get too emotional over the events of 9/11? Not really, I just get tired of ignorant people who are unable to research things for themselves.

posted on Feb, 13 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
cool, i thought we could post about the four anomalies of who was in the area the dat before, and the transfer of ownership three weeks before, and bin ladens father meeting with bush next door the day before in a resturaunt. cool that rumsfeld....dad gum one can tell just by looking at his face.

posted on Feb, 15 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
The missing 2.3trillon was announced on 9/10/2001 by Rumsfeld. Then coincidently the team assigned to investigate this loss in military funding was wiped out by the attack on the pentagon the next day. Since then it's been swept under the rug.

It doesn't take an idiot to realise that this is all part of PNAC's plan for American military intervention within the upcoming years (IE Afghanistan and Iraq, which were on their priority list of nations to invade and exploit, Iran being third on the list).

And this isn't exactly a first either. US has been funding massive operations all around the world against any nation who stands up for themselves. The US either funds the rebels in those countries to inspiring pro-American revolution or in some extreme cases, the US itself will directly invade. Either way, any true democracies are a threat to Americanism and usually end up being destroyed and their economies raped by the American corporate machine.

posted on Feb, 17 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Rumsfeld never said we LOST 2.3 trillion. He said it can't be tracked. Just because it can't be tracked doesn' mean it didn't end up where it was supposed to. It just means they can't PROVE it ended up where it was supposed to.

top topics

join